PDA

View Full Version : stoney brook air law book

TZZ
10th Jul 2007, 04:43
hi i want to know if anybody has done air law by using stoney brook manual and if you study only the high lighted points in the book with the sample papers is it enough to sit the exam

flyby_kiwi
10th Jul 2007, 06:59
Yeap it is...... And if youve got a bit of IFR experience youll definately be right as there are a few questions on IFR plates which I cant remeber if they are the same as the Stoney ones.

TZZ
10th Jul 2007, 07:09
cheers but the only thing is worrying me is the sample papers first 4 are different questions but the remaining 4 is all repeated with some new questions, so you think if i just go through the highlighted points green and yellow marking with sample papers i can pass the exam

flyby_kiwi
10th Jul 2007, 23:28
Due to time constaints I just learnt the answer bank at the back and also the variables like how many hosties and fire extinguishes you must have.
I had done a bit of IFR flying so the plates were not a problem although there is a bit of RTFQ so looking at the sample questions on the CH plate etc would be worthwhile.
Spent two nights after work looking over it and got about 88%.
Most of the exam questions are word for word whats in the samples.

TZZ
11th Jul 2007, 00:21
thank you fly by kiwi so i will see how my exam will go on 23rd of this month than

TZZ
25th Jul 2007, 06:08
stoney brook rocks i did the exam i got my result 83 percent i am happy and upset because i could score more if i did rtfq more lol any way fly kiw cheers u where right his sample papers r enough, so fingers crossed for atpl nav waiting for the result if all good than 2 more atpls to go next month met and aerodynamics

Muffinman
25th Jul 2007, 12:00
Life is not multi-choice. Sure pass the exam - and then someday try and work out how you are going to learn more than just sitting for an exam - who are you going to bludge off to achieve that?

Long gone are the days of nice/should know and learning a bucket load of stuff that is not assessed but may just be useful later on. It's all just need to know now and " geez arn't I good" when you pass a spoon fed exam

That's it - just keep learning the answer bank :ugh:

Would you expect the same from your surgeon?

TZZ
25th Jul 2007, 20:45
muffin airlaw its the only subject boring in oz its an open book exam, i dont study only question bank for my remaining subjects