PDA

View Full Version : The Bottom Line....cx

spiplane
9th Jul 2007, 13:16
OK…..:confused:

There is so much ‘noise’ on the internet and with-in the Airline Pilot world about CX, the pay structures and promotion scales, that I have become VERY CONFUSED. :ugh:(and I think I am not the only one):confused::confused::confused:

So is there is anyone out there who can help me with THE BOTTOM LINE DETAILS:

QUESTIONS:
1) WHAT IS THE GROSS SALARY FOR A 2ND and 1st OFFICER?
2) IS THERE A DUTY ALLOWANCE? IE: FLYING PAY OVER AND ABOVE THE BASIC SALARY?
3) Ie: WHAT CAN ONE EXPECT AS THE BOTTOM RIGHT HAND ON THE PAY CHECK for A 2ND AND 2ST OFFICER?
4) WHAT ARE THE ‘S&T’S LIKE?
5) IS THE PAY STRUCTURE ON THE PAX/CARGO FLEETS MUCH DIFFERENT?
6) I HEAR THE TAX BASE WILL BE RASED FROM 15% TO 25%. TRUE/FALSE?
7) WHAT ARE THE CRITERIA FOR THE HOUSING ALLOWANCES IN HONG KONG (as they quote an allocation of $14000 , but could be $ 44000???? I’m confused)
8) WHAT IS THE EXACT SCHOOLING POLICY? Another grey area?
9) IF I ACCEPTEPETED A POST AS A SECOND OFFICER, WHEN COULD I EXPECT UPGRADE TO 1ST OFFICER. Ie: how long until I can apply for the upgrade (bearing in mind that I am presently a type rated 1st officer – with another Airliner)
10) WHAT IS THE POLICY IF I DELINE A 2ND OFFICER OFFER, AND ADVISE THAT I WILL ONLYACCEPT A DIRRECT ENTRY 1ST OFFICER POST? How will that go down/ or be viewed?
11) HOW LONG UNTIL I MAY REQUEST AN OUT-STATION POST (LIKE AUSTRALIA).
12) BEARING IN MIND THAT I ULTIMATELY WISH TO END UP BACK in AUSTRALIA, WHICH FLEET/CAREAR PATH WOULD BE BEST?

I really hope that this information clarifies a lot of ‘smoke and mirrors’ mumbo-jumbo out there for myself and many other CX Wanabees….

Regards,
:ok:

SPIPLANE