PDA

View Full Version : ATPL distance learning in UK or Ireland?

angel83
9th Jul 2007, 11:53
Hello

does anyone know a list of good school to do the dl atpl in uk or ireland..
I have found Bristol and Oxford of course but if you have others it would be great
thank you

helicopter-redeye
9th Jul 2007, 12:31
CAA website - list of all schools

http://www.caa.co.uk/application.aspx?catid=33&pagetype=65&appid=11&mode=detail&id=1211

h-r;)

OpenCirrus619
9th Jul 2007, 13:33
CATS (http://www.cranfieldaviation.com/uk/index.html)

OC619

deltaxray
9th Jul 2007, 20:03
Ptc in waterford

www.pilottraining.ie

AndyCirl
9th Jul 2007, 20:24
PTC Waterford is a top notch school.

gmac1977
9th Jul 2007, 21:05
I'm currently doing CATS distance learning. Paid less than half the price of BGS/OXF. V reasonable package. I gained an average of 90% on my 1st 6 exams. V pleased! Brush up weeks very impressive and you get the JAA question banks chucked in.

Think they doing a free trial at the moment

Check them out

:)

Pull Back
9th Jul 2007, 21:49
Hi gmac1977

Presuming of course that you are doing the CATS PC based distance package....

How do you get on not having any books?

Pull Back

gmac1977
9th Jul 2007, 22:31
Hi PB

Its funny you should ask that. I was just talking to friend of the family about how much time i spend on computers/internet.Couldn't live without them! Thus signing up for the CATS online course made sense.
I can buy the seperate hard copy manuals if I want to, but have found that the online software to be more than adequate (Hard copies also going to add an extra £500!- No Thanks!). a few guys i met on the brush up days had bought the hard copies but they've got wireless at CATS so theres no problem. Why not go and buy a Laptop and data card with the £500 you save?

The real beauty/ is that i can access the studyguides/question bank from my pda/mobile when I havent got my laptop so I'm constantly boring the life out of my girlfiend. In a taxi home discussing the components of a warm front, In the pub lecturing her on the advantages of Dihedral!!! How impressed do you think she is guys?

No doubt some will prefer Hard copies but so far so good!
You'll either love it or hate it! I love it... (my GF hates it)

happy days!:)

Pull Back
10th Jul 2007, 10:01
Thanks for the feedback, I think I might give it a whirl.

PB :)