PDA

View Full Version : 727 operators

confirm-finals?
9th Jul 2007, 11:01
Anyone know of any 727-200 operators in OZ looking at moment?

Cool banana
9th Jul 2007, 11:47
Looking for What?

confirm-finals?
9th Jul 2007, 11:59
that would be pilots...

Tiger 77
9th Jul 2007, 12:20
I may be wrong but isn't there an operator flying 727's on the Darwin-knx-brm route?

In any case its an awesome aircraft and there should be more flying today.

Cheers,

Tiger.

727ace
10th Jul 2007, 00:37
think now only 3 registered 2 with national jet and one with asian express
being VH-DHE and think VH-VLH and VLI Heavylift operate a few out of the north on a regis. of convenience who now is through the Philipines was Sierra leone.
looks like the dinosaur will soon be extinct:eek:

Flight Detent
10th Jul 2007, 02:57
What a pity for such a great airplane,

I flew the -200-15s for Australian and -200-17Rs for Kuwait Air.

I'll always remember them as a really awesome jet intro for me!

Cheers...FD...:ok:

Flight Detent
10th Jul 2007, 05:43
dz,

what an unnecessary, naive, predictable response from a so-called 'modern aviator', that is, one who knows only what is taught him, with absolutely no real experience, operating in a world where he thinks he is an expert in all things!

Geez these computer pilots really annoy me, don't know anything and think they know everything!!

Plug this into your memory, FEs are much, much more than someone to operate all those unnecessary switches!

I think I'll stop there, rant over!

Douglas Mcdonnell
10th Jul 2007, 06:52
Flight Detent well said. Derek grow up, believe it or not once apon a time there weren't any green lines to follow!!! Give me a F/E any day. By the way when did the attendant call bell become unnecessary?

DM

Tempo
10th Jul 2007, 08:45
As a S/O on the classic....I loved the panel.....

The engineers were such a valuable resource......better than any EICAS message.....

Alien Role
10th Jul 2007, 11:30
Yes, DZ what a naive post from no doubt, a nintendo pilot----

About a year ago, was in AKL and watched the DHL guys doing touch and go circuits in the 727.
Was a sight to behold, seeing that magnificent profile as they turned downwind !!!
I'll bet they all (including the FE) were smiling inside.
Role on..:ok:

squarecrow
17th Jul 2007, 14:43
DZ I guess flies Plastic Wendies and not classics then,

pakeha-boy
17th Jul 2007, 17:48
Flight Detent...good call...flew the Q-100/200 models out of Miami to the southern Americas:}:}......all the FE,s ....were PFE,S ....and those buggars knew more than anyone about this baby,.....as you say ...they are a beautiful piece to fly....
...of course my job as F/O (THIS WAS A CARGO OP,S)was to .....carry all the bags......prepare the cocpit,clean the cockpit,fluff the Capts and PFE,s seats.....and make the tea......as the crew were poms(good blokes actually).....lift the gear and tune the radios.......last of all.....if there was a shortage of loo paper(during the flight)......my wages went on the bar(only happened once)......

surprisingly there are stilll many around this part of the world,not all have been turned into piss cans

currently fly a plastic job.....and as mentioned.....there is no comparison....even the toilet paper is thinner:{

18-Wheeler
17th Jul 2007, 20:33
The airliner I'd most like to fly, after the 747.
I hope the remaining ones in aus keep going for many years to come.