PDA

View Full Version : why gf wants only JAA knowledge atpl

TZZ
9th Jul 2007, 07:28
I am just wondering how it works with gulfair recruitment i am bahrain doing atpl in newzealand and now they told me i have to do JAA atpl, but i know bahraini pilots who had australian atpl subjects done and they didnt have to go and study the jaa subjects again and got a job with gulfair, i want to know shall i continue with my atpls or do the jaa atpls or wait and see because its gulfair always a different word comes out from them

vomit comet
9th Jul 2007, 10:55
hello:E i think u should do a JAA atpl..its more accepted by other airlines in the gulf like qr who require an jaa atpl as far as i know..so u wont have a problem going anywhere else just in case gulf air collapses!(which it will thanks to bahrain:E) good luck bruce:}

Panama Jack
9th Jul 2007, 17:53
As far as I see it, three possibilities:

1) You got incorrect information from whomever you were talking to at Gulf Air.

2) You misunderstood what they told you.

3) The requirements have changed, possibly due to the fact that Oman is no longer an owner state and they are looking ahead to what the requirements will be (by the time you join) by Bahrain Civil Aviation Affairs when our aircraft will be reregistered as "A9C" and we will all be holding Bahraini pilots licences.

Good luck with your training.

Dixons Cider
9th Jul 2007, 20:46
Twas not Bruce:}:}:}:eek::E:ok:

TZZ
Why don't you have a chat to DGCAM as to what they're willing to accept for license conversion, its them who is the licensing authority and not GF.

If however, DGCAM is at some point no longer going to be the regulating authority for GF (and it moves to Bahrain) then thats a different story...

all119
10th Jul 2007, 00:02
Sorry bro for the bad news gf now requires jaa cpl/ir atpl ground school that is what I heard when I called them last time but in u case they might ask you to just do the jaa atpl ground school but call salami he is the right person to talk to.
If u ask other ppl they will give you different view which you don’t want to fallow and do a mistake which will cost you lots of money.
Jaa ground school usually takes 7 months to do but is you have already done the nz atpl it will take you probably 4 months and cost you 1200 pounds distant learning. full time 3000 pounds approximately.
For conversion u cpl/ir it will cost you min 15000 pounds max 20,000
But now there is a flying school in Jordan they do jaa and gf cadets are taken there for training first course starting on the 1st of October(feed back) which will come out cheaper.
Best of luck
Pm me is u have any question.