PDA

View Full Version : Pacific Pearl Airways news and recruitment

ssangyongs
9th Jul 2007, 06:44
hi fellow pilots and kababayan

new airlines pacific pearl airways had just sent a b732 ex delta to pinas. should have arrived yesterday. very little stories available for this startup LCC. Rumor is they will serve Kalibo - Incheon.

any news especially drivers and FAs recruitment are much appreciated.

Cool banana
9th Jul 2007, 12:40
This is the website but nothing opens.

http://www.pacificpearlairways.com

AvSpotter
10th Jul 2007, 18:00
I understand PPM's 737 had a c-check and the plane will undergo further checks in the PI. As an fyi, there are ferry photos of the plane at http://www.pbase.com/philippineaviation/pacific_pearl_airways .

thrust clb
11th Jul 2007, 12:35
uh-oh...smells like another "Trans-global " in the making. when will these guys ever learn? :hmm: if only the "investors" spent a bit of money for a private detective to make background checks on the characters behind this outfit...just like what CR Airways did a year ago, they got a real unpleasant surprise and just said "Let's get the F### outta here"!..:ugh:

ssangyongs
11th Jul 2007, 12:46
but at least they have something to show..a plane. Whether they're going to join peanuts paying taipan in running the airline is another matter..look at TAIR airways...nothing happen although i was understood that crews and pilots already been interviewed...

AvSpotter
11th Jul 2007, 17:00
Hi thrust clb,

Can you kindly be more specific and explain further what you mean by "background checks on the characters behind this outfit"?

Thanks.

bes&dsky
11th Jul 2007, 18:42
Tair has already leased two 747-400's to an Oregon based company.. it seems their pretty much ahead of the pearl of the pacific, did i get it's name ryt? Try opening the TAIR forum in the cabin crew section, there you'll see lots of rumours re Tair..

ssangyongs
11th Jul 2007, 19:05
i do read about tair in their thread too...but was having hard time trying to figure out the pay structure...read bout their jumbos months ago but have yet show up at any airport...

i wish good luck to both airlines...philippine market lacks LCC jet player pacific pearl is going to give CEB a run for its money, well for kalibo route at least...

maxi_mutt
12th Jul 2007, 14:59
Another startup but this time, Pacific Pearl is different.

At least they have pictures of their plane online. Recruitment of flight deck/cabin crew will follow I suppose.

Goodluck!

AvSpotter
12th Jul 2007, 18:54
Incheon-Kalibo is one of Asian Spirit's routes & today the Phil Information Agency reports that carrier flies it daily.

Initially Pacific Pearl's (PPM) intended route was Incheon-Kalibo. Does anyone know if PPM still intends to fly the same?

teeepee
13th Jul 2007, 03:03
If Pacific Pearl Intends To Fly Incheon-kalibo Vis A Vis He He The People Behind Does Not Know What They're Up To With This Route With A B737-200.hinde Aabot Yun Eroplano Nila Sa Kalibo With Winds Aloft In The Area Not To Mention The Cat2 Situation In Incheon Most Of The Time.capt Toledo Am Sure Will Have Fun When He Finds The Reality Of That Flt.
Well Good Luck To Guys Who Will Join Them:)

ssangyongs
13th Jul 2007, 04:32
they are now in Subic...heard someone told a rumour that is they already applied to operate from Cebu to somewhere.

tair has great routes planned with no plane

PPM has a plane but with no routes planned

in the end they may join in the charter flight bandwagon....

shanghai_surprise
13th Jul 2007, 04:40
It is positive to see that somehow PPM has produced a real aircraft for everyone to see. Question now is, where will it be flown, how many aircrafts are on order, does the airline have a back up aircraft?

Is there a PPM company organization? Have they trained pilots and cabin crews? What are their destinations? Where will this airline be based? What are their plans for the next five year?

But kudos to PPM, you have the plane!

Kudos to Tair, you got the talk! Pure talk, nothing significant. No plane.:)

AvSpotter
13th Jul 2007, 17:24
I guess not all here are aware that when an airline buys a brand new A319 or A320 then that plane needs to fly around 13 hours a day, 7 times a week and perhaps the entire year to pay back for itself

PPM got a 732 that flies great compared to other DC-9s and 732s ferried to Asia & Africa. She cost a minimal x million dollars only. Yes, only. She does not need to fly 13 hours a day, 7 times a week and the entire year to pay back for herself. Have a few flights here and there and she's paid for. Let us tone down the negativism and hope management translates this asset into something resulting into something postive.

Besides, doesn't the entry of another carrier drive down prices such that we, the masses, benefit from it all?

thrust clb
16th Jul 2007, 01:03
Air Philippines has cheap 737-200's too, but for the past 10 years or so they still haven't made a cent. They have all the marketing, maintenance, and flight operations in place...with cheap ex-Delta planes (hush-kitted to boot!), with a website, established name-recall, LEGAL government certificates etc ..but still carries only Cebu Pacific's "tira-tira" pax. (Those left behind because CEB's planes are full). Even during summer peak season, I counted only 60pax max on their Dumaguete flights...while Ceb was 150pax both legs.They also have compatible airfares with Cebu Pacific. So how can a new Airline compete with CEB/PAL with only ONE airplane? :bored: Subic or Kalibo-Incheon maybe..but Teepee is right...during winter the Headwinds reach 100knots at FL290 above. Hehehe, Koreans dont like to overnight in OKINAWA. Not to mention RVSM and CAT2 approvals:= oh boy...someone didnt do his homework...

maxi_mutt
22nd Jul 2007, 19:31
This is the most important question for Pearl: HOW CAN IT SURVIVE?

I totally agree with THRUST CLB's narration. AirPhil has everything yet it only makes a pittance compare to CebuPac's earnings. For a start up, Pearl is doing the right thing by not competing with the major carriers. Fly to destinations where PAL, CebuPac & AirPhil are not flying. Problem, however, lies in politics. Let's face it, getting the go-signal of/from CAB to fly elsewhere is like flying/heading through the eye of a storm. Expect opposition from the major carriers. It's sad but that's the utmost truth.

As for the plane, I expect this aged/old plane is hushkitted already to comply with the airport rules of its intended destinations. Not to mention, with one plane to start with, it seems not feasible. What happens if the plane is grounded due to a technical problem? Where is the spare plane?

Charter operation (eventually an upgrade to 121 operation) is the best way to start an airlines.

Now, based on the people running Pearl, this leaves much to be desired.:=

ssangyongs
23rd Jul 2007, 04:10
and all the fiasco of open skies policy at clark that's opposed by big taipan Lance and Lucio, how could they really survived the politically-infested CAB and ATO?

shanghai_surprise
27th Jul 2007, 12:18
Any news with PPA? It is unfortunate how start up airlines like PPA are on a stand still to date?

The airline flew in their plane already and yet planes are made to fly and not to stay on the ground....I really hope PPA can take to the sky anytime soon, it will be great to have a new player in the Philippine skies.

Good luck and more power!

AvSpotter
28th Jul 2007, 15:31
According to the Manila Bulletin "Pacific Pearl Airways.Com Corp. (PPA), another low-cost airline, has launched its operations in Subic Freeport for a daily flight from South Korea to several tourist destinations in the country." http://www.mb.com.ph/BSNS2007072898821.html

A few photos send by the ferry pilots have been added to the Pacific Pearl gallery at http://www.pbase.com/philippineaviation/root . Click on the first photo on the upper left to view the images.

The bulletin mentions 2 aircraft. Can anyone out there verify whether there are one or two aircraft?

clb, I was merely trying to tell a 'different angle' of the story and be positive about it. Please check your statements and get the facts before posting reckless remarks. Though some of your comments initially appear to be good they are not without glaring flaws & exaggerations I need not elaborate nor respond. Besides, remarks such as "oh boy...someone didnt do his homework... " is shallow and childish. Furthermore, you have been unable to explain your previous statement to question of mine asking for clarification regarding "background checks on the characters behind this outfit".
l

sapsap
30th Jul 2007, 00:49
Anyone got an Idea who is VP Operations and Chief Pilot for PPA?.

thrust clb
30th Jul 2007, 01:59
check your pm's avspotter..:ok:

yowdude
30th Jul 2007, 08:20
one need not go far in the gen av area to find out what shaddy characters are behind ppa. try also the banks in the area!!!:eek:

shanghai_surprise
30th Jul 2007, 12:15
I totally agree with yowdude...the movers behind PPA I gathered are extremely questionable.

It is really unfortunate that such breaks are not serve by people who is totally knowlegeable of the industry.

I honestly would like to see this airline fly and survive for more options for us patrons and job/opportunity seekers.

cheers!:O

charlespace
31st Jul 2007, 03:57
all of you don't know what you're talking about. if this company flies, your words and insinuations will be shoved up to your nasty mouths. start doing your investigations. we'll wait for your findings and do the math. hehehe

shanghai_surprise
31st Jul 2007, 13:52
Kindly not misinterpret this discussion. All you need to do is enlighten us.

If you carefully read all the entries, there are actually a huge positive intention for this airline to take off.

I suggest you enhance your reading skills so we can all understand one another here.:O

Cheers!:)

jacool
1st Aug 2007, 02:32
can anyone tell me where my comment went?:ugh:

hotjet737
16th Aug 2007, 07:39
i really would like to see ppm fly...and i mean fly soon...or not ppm's 732 will suffer the same faith as philairs 732 rotting away in subic. i heard the FDCs and CAs are all ready and waiting to take on the skies. well good luck to PPM and hope to see your plane in use not just sitting in a hangar in subic:ok:

charlespace
5th Sep 2007, 04:03
are there any news about this airline?

thrust clb
5th Sep 2007, 06:55
Seems they changed the name from "Pacific Pearl" to " Bolitas".:uhoh:
Nice "Air Force One" paintjob though...:D

maxi_mutt
23rd Sep 2007, 07:56
If the plane of Pearl Airlines is already here, how come it hasn't taken off yet?

Guava Tree
23rd Sep 2007, 13:05
PACIFIC PEARL AIRWAYS
Pacific Pearl Airways, “your home in the skies”, envisions itself
to be the Philippine pride in providing quality yet affordable, safe,
comfortable and enjoyable charter air passenger carrier that aims to gain
the trust and preference of airline customers. Its mission is to provide
each passenger the world-famous Filipino hospitality through
personalized in-flight service.
Pacific Pearl Airways is a private corporation that proposes to
operate a charter airline with direct flights to the Philippines. It plans to
operate and manage charter flights in both domestic and foreign routes,
providing access to the beautiful places in the Philippines for its
passengers.
The company boasts of flying missionary routes providing direct
flights to Subic, Clark, Bohol, Kalibo, Palawan, Philippines, thereby
establishing its competitive advantage in the industry due to its ability
to:
• Eliminate stop-over hassles with the passengers gaining
more savings (no more stop-over in manila) and more quality
holiday due to least travel lag time;
• Enhance its operational advantage thereby making itself
more attractive with its lower charter rates without sacrificing
quality service due to lower operating cost with its access to
lower fuel costs and other incentives in Clark Airbase and/or
Subic Bay Freeport together with its BOI (Board of
Investments) registration;
• Protect itself from revenue fluctuations since it operates
under a charter contract that is sustainable due to continuously
growing number of tourist to the Philippines.
Suite 2A Washington Tower, Asiaworld Marina, E. Aguinaldo Blvd. Paranaque City, Philippines 1703
Tel. no. +632.879.3376 to 77 | Facsimile: Ext. 101 | Website www.pacificpearlairways.com
PACIFIC PEARL AIRWAYS’ OBJECTIVES ARE:
1. provide its customers with efficient service and value for money in
airline transportation;
2. offer its employees and associates with professional corporate
environment, opportunities for career development, and just
compensation;
3. enable its stockholders to achieve optimum investment returns; and
4. contribute to the economic, social and cultural advancement
of the Filipino Nation.
It will strive to ensure success in its undertaking with strict adherence to
Philippine ATO and United States FAA standards and to all applicable routes
and regulations in aviation. Updated technology/ies will be adapted and well
trained and competent human resources will be ensured through continuous
employee trainings. It commits to be guided by professional managers, accurate
market research and sound financial management in working towards a costefficient
and quality operation.
THE COMPANY
Pacific Pearl Airways is registered with the Securities and
Exchange Commission (SEC) of the Philippines with its necessary
permits from the Philippines Civil Aeronautics Board (CAB) and Air
Transportation Office (ATO).
Pacific Pearl Airways is owned and governed by incorporators
with competence and expertise in handling airline operations and
managing different businesses.
The principal stockholders and directors of this airline is a mix of
businessmen and professionals with vast experiences and expertise in
their own fields, as well as young, brilliant professionals who are
exceptionally successful in their various business ventures.
Suite 2A Washington Tower, Asiaworld Marina, E. Aguinaldo Blvd. Paranaque City, Philippines 1703
Tel. no. +632.879.3376 to 77 | Facsimile: Ext. 101 | Website www.pacificpearlairways.com
AIRCRAFT DESCRIPTION
PACIFIC PEARL AIRWAYS will utilize the Advance Boeing B-
737-200 aircraft in its operations. This type of aircraft is powered by two
Stage III Pratt and Whitney JT8D-15A engine and is the most popular
model of its category, having more than a thousand units operating all
over the world. The said aircraft has also gained the reputation of being an
efficient and reliable air conveyance used in flying domestic and regional
routes in the Philippines.
This type of aircraft can carry around 112-114 passengers. In
addition to this, it is also capable of bigger payload and has upgraded
avionics that satisfy the requirements for RVSM and RNP flight. It also
possesses an enhanced engine that provides superior thrust power as
compared to the older series.
The aircraft will also undergo the necessary Checks and will comply
with Airworthiness Directives and Service Bulletins requirements.
Modification requirements will be conformed with to make current design
requirements adaptable to the said aircraft.
OPERATIONS
The Operations of the company will uphold Flight Operations and
Maintenance and Engineering to the highest degree to ensure the safety, security
and well being of all the passengers.
Flight Operations handles the technical aspect of airline operations
and is responsible for airline Flight Operation, Flight Technical
Services and In –flight Services.
Flight Crew Deck. This is composed of the Pilot in Command and
the First Officer. They perform a 360-degree inspection of the aircraft
before heading to the cockpit. The Captain conforms to the
requirements before taking off. These requirements and other routine
activities laid down by the Flight Operations Group are to ensure that
the take-off and landing of the aircraft would be safe.
Flight Technical Services is the on-ground division of Flight
Operations. It is accountable for airplane dispatch and assistance to
passengers while on ground. With the performance of these duties,
flight safety is ensured.
In Flight Services is handled by Flight Attendants. There will be 3 to 4 flight
attendants to take care of passengers while on flight. In successfully operating a
large passenger aircraft, the airplane’s flight attendants must be responsible for
giving the best in-flight services to passengers as well as leading passengers
during emergencies.

yowdude
23rd Sep 2007, 17:28
:}:}hahaha i almost fell from my seat!!!!!

ubing
24th Sep 2007, 04:52
http://www.pacificpearlairways.com/fgtcrwplnbck.jpg

anyone know any of them?

thrust clb
24th Sep 2007, 09:42
bwahahahhhhaaaaaaahaaaahaaa.

airlinefan
25th Sep 2007, 01:31
Wow - are you kidding? This write up must have been done by people who have no clue about the airline business - 737-200 ??? High fuel burn/loud engines, high maintenance cost - low number of seats?? Must I go on - competitiors like Pal, AP, Cebu Pac, Asian Spirit......... Please do not spend all of your money .............

Sorry this will NOt work..................Please see Tair

ads1963
25th Sep 2007, 02:52
I guess, that this is another table airline one. All plannings everything is done, an aircraft is here but they can't get away from the table because they have not negotiated necessary contracts. Usual Filipino style. They haven't even made their inagural flight. What's the reason behind it?

Skybound0210
25th Sep 2007, 14:10
Nice uniforms!!! And website!!! NOT! Hahahahaha :}

ubing
26th Sep 2007, 03:45
the Captain looks like he is holding the co-pilots hand :eek:

Rightwingheavy
26th Sep 2007, 06:58
...and the guy at the far right looks jealous:}

ssangyongs
26th Sep 2007, 15:27
brokeback bakla pacific airways?

hotjet737
27th Sep 2007, 02:45
hello...did you actually lift this off the website? well there are lots of bull**** in what you posted guava tree....for one the higher managements are or dont have any idea of what they are in....why is that so? well this company is being managed by a BUNCH OF SPOILED BRATS SONS AND DAUGHTER OF THE OWNER....if she really is the owner? :ugh::ugh:who are clueless :confused::confused:of the industry they dicided to venture in....they dont have any other concerns but to make money and make money fast...and that is the reason why they havent made their first flight yet because they want to make money right away on that very first flight....ha what a bunch of dreamers:D:D:D....their mother should bring them back to college and make them learn their lessons fast :8and while they are at it give them a lecture on how to treat their employees well and not just to milk their employees dry!!!! maybe they should follow the footsteps of LUCIO TAN where in he first made his kids start from the lowest rank so they would learn the ins and outs of running an airline.....and PPM no longer have pilots...why is that so?..because they dont pay them thats why!!!! the 2 pilots you see in the web site are the only ones left in the company. well got to go....i have more juicy news for you guys when i return

hotjet737
27th Sep 2007, 02:59
UBING?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! nice one dude under the radar:ok: i think i know you sir:D

charlespace
27th Sep 2007, 03:45
well a lot of the new posts can be confirmed. i've heard that their employees started to submit their resignation letters as they can't live their life on promises. it's been, what 8 months since they started hiring people for their company and what are they now, still clueless about what's going to happen. hotjet is right, the "kids" who still acts like KIDS are the ones who makes up the decision for their employees and even for the company with the guidance of their mother nature.

well, their company profile doesn't fit their true personalities! airline background? if they have necessary background, or oriented about the industry they ventured in, PPM should have already flown months ago..

what's their market????

ubing
27th Sep 2007, 15:45
@ hotjet737

maybe.....:oh:

planestupid
3rd Oct 2007, 02:04
Is this mickey mouse company for real? I give it 12 months!!

ads1963
3rd Oct 2007, 03:51
It looks like a toy airline for some spoiled bratts. Guess they are not getting of the ground anymore. Maybe somebody is interested to buy their old 737-200.:=:=:=

thrust clb
3rd Oct 2007, 23:09
During the last Travel Fair at SM Megamall, Pacific Pearl aka "bulitas" was distributing their brochures which says they will start flying Incheon-Tuguegarao very soon. No kidding!:ugh:

ads1963
4th Oct 2007, 12:23
Incheon-Tuguegarao Who wants to fly to this place? I would not even like to hang dead over the fence there much less going there to spent vacation. No beach, no good hotel and in summertime very hot!

maxi_mutt
10th Nov 2007, 03:33
Seems like Pearl of the Pacific & Tair are in the same league.

What went wrong?

1. These so-called airlines are under funded (if there is such a word). Putting up an airline is no joke. More so, getting people to work for you on the promise of taking off 'soon' is a deadly premise.

2. NO MARKET STUDY. Tair thought that they could just fly to the Mideast just like that because there is excess flow of OFWs flying the Mideast-MNL route. That's true but common sense says that there are bilateral agreements between two countries, specifically designating their carriers to serve this route. Even if you are on a charter status, you just can't fly these lucrative routes especially with cookie monsters PAL & Cebupac ferociously guarding their vested interests.

Tuguegarao-Korea for Pearl of the Pacific. Are you nuts? What's your basis for this choice? Are there statistics to prove this? Even a freshman marketing student will laugh at your face for this ridiculous proposition.

3. STUPID PEOPLE. Lets face it, there are stupid people running the airlines. No offense but based on facts, pilots are not good airline management/executive people. Just entrust them to fly the planes. PERIOD. Lets give the management to those airline people who have the capacity & experience to run the show.

4. Palakasan system ruins everything. Look at this drunkard pilot who is close to the suspended ATO chief. Getting licenses for overnight & under the table airlines for the right price? No wonder the aviation industry here in RP sucks.

There is hope of course, as long as we get rid of scalawags, cookie investors and undesirable aliens.

ubing
15th Nov 2007, 02:36
@ maxi_mutt

I would think that PP is a tad above TA as they at least have a plane with their markings to show.

maxi_mutt
22nd Nov 2007, 09:15
Yup, Pearl has the plane but I think those people who have thought of putting up that airline are stupid.

thrust clb
22nd Nov 2007, 21:23
Well , the guy who set up the airline isn't that stupid... from taking taxis and borrowing cars from his f/o's before , now he drives a huge V-8 SUV:}.

thrust clb
31st Dec 2007, 04:53
Congrats on Pacific Pearl's inaugural flight from Manila to Kalibo just before Xmas. I was flying to Kalibo as well and was parked beside them on the ramp. I counted a total of 17 people that came out of the 737.....4 pilots, 3 mechanics, 3 flight attendants, 2 ATO check pilots, and 5 people who look like passengers. All the luggage can fit in a shopping cart. All the best for 2008 Pacific Fearl! (that's what the pnf was saying on the radio).

hotjet737
1st Jan 2008, 11:51
its nice to see them finally flying....but till when? I heard they started cancelling flights already...that is due to the low turn out of passengers. and i heard that the passengers they have on board are all the friends of the so called "AMBA"....who pushes her weight around to get permits from ATO and CAB granted, well i would want to see if she could push her weight around to get passengers flying ppm.

Cessna1052
1st Jan 2008, 13:18
Are the Guys on the website picture, the Pilots? Anybody knows their names? The other guy reminds me very much of Retired Capt Boy Aquino from PAL.

cessnaone7two
4th Jan 2008, 12:13
what ever happened to my post? can you pls tell me why it was deleted?:=:= and to cessna1052's question...yes they are the flight deck crew of PPM but they are both First Officers only... the short guy is really dying to wear those four gold stripes but he was only released for 3. he brags about those four but he doesnt have the skill nor the experience...

maxi_mutt
27th Jan 2008, 12:14
It's the same as Tair.

Incompetent pilot wanting to be a full pledge captain but lacks the skills and intellect.

Management with questionable reputation of handling its business.

Cabin crew that lack proper training, with incompetent trainors just like the present crop of crapTair crew.

plane whisperer
25th Feb 2008, 09:01
Isnt the "capt" that guy from seair who uses his seniority to use other guys cars. heard he made a mess of his last business venture involving a Beech Baron.Lots of people are pretty pissed with that guy. Oh well, with someone like that working for the company, no wonder..

cessnaone7two
15th Mar 2008, 15:30
well this so called "capt" or "cap boyet" as he is more known for has really made a mess in a lot of dealings! and i heard that he has a bad name in "genav" as well as in all the local airlines... but mind you this guy no longer borrows cars he is now driving an F-150, well good luck to you "cap boyet"

thrust clb
15th Mar 2008, 21:15
bwahaha..that's not all...he's spreading news that Pacific Fearl is buying a 767 soon...presumably to supplement their 737 that has flown just about approximately 2 times last year!:ugh:

cessnaone7two
18th Mar 2008, 12:58
my bad, correction, he is driving an expedition not an F-150 as i mentioned earlier. well this "cap boyet" is all talk, he talks too much but he has nothing to show or to prove! well i just hope that if he plans to talk too much then he better starts thinking about his oral hygiene, bcoz the things that are coming out of his mouth are "FOUL", both figuratively and literally, if you know what i mean start using BACTIDOL "cap boyet":\