PDA

View Full Version : Jobs in the red center

airaholic
8th Jul 2007, 12:39
With the current job climate and the operators up north advertising for low time drivers, what is the situation for work around Alice?

alidad
8th Jul 2007, 23:58
As Alice is in the middle of the GAFA and not the Arizona desert it might be the Red CentRE you are referring to.:ugh:

Chadzat
9th Jul 2007, 01:27
yeah, no operator in Alice will employ you if you can't put your e and r in the right order! :rolleyes: :mad: /sarcasm

Gotta be in it to win it mate- read- gotta be here unless you know someone.

Over and gout
9th Jul 2007, 02:23
Mate there is a pilot shortage at the moment. All you have to do is send a CV to a few companies out that way and you will have to turn your phone off it will be ringing so much.
DO NOT drive out there. All the GA companies are so short of pilots they will pay for your airline ticket and relocation expenses. Expect a wage $60000 + with a company car and rent paid for as well for the inconvienience of living in a remote location (make sure your house is air conditioned though - they may try and shaft you with that).
Also I would be suprised if they make you fly singles. There is a huge demand for twin drivers so your boss will get you a Baron endorsement (or something similar) straight away.
Expect to be out there for no longer than 6 months. By that time if you have done you ATPL subjects the airlines will have tracked you down and you can work for the highest bidder. They will happily pay for all your training and give you the salary you deserve (because of the pilot shortage)
If you have any questions PM me - I used to work for a flying school :E

Aerodynamisist
9th Jul 2007, 08:15
Why not ring someone out there and ask them direct what the situation is ?
http:\\www.yellowpages.com.au

Also try "aboriginal air services" a sort of banner company that runs four different air charter operators for communities in Central Australia not sure whats going there at the moment though it's been 18 months since i was last out there.

Expect award wages if full time with the right operator ie somewhere around $34,000 to $38,000 for a single driver a bit more for twin or turbine.

morno
9th Jul 2007, 08:46
The phone might be ringing for an awfully long time if you try Abo Air, if it even rings at all, :E.

morno

airaholic
9th Jul 2007, 10:51
Thanks Aero. Neva hair a boot anny ere alse cept kunnanura and brom:suspect: