PDA

View Full Version : ATPL self study

Justin.C
8th Jul 2007, 04:03
Hi guys just wondering what my best option is for studying my atpl`s on my lonesome, as far as books are concerned? also anyone over in Perth got any pre-learned books they would like to part with? if so shoot me a pm....

cheers guys
-Justin.C :)

helopat
8th Jul 2007, 04:33
AFT has some good stuff...their books and practice cyber exams are the ducks nuts...a little bit harder if you're self studying, but I did 4 of the seven that way and came out ok.

Best of luck.

HP

BrazDriver
8th Jul 2007, 09:13
Didn't get where you wanted in the fasttrack scheme?

puma4319
8th Jul 2007, 09:14
I agree with HP, the AFT notes were great! They are expensive, but have some great information and the AFT prac exam questions are usually quite similiar to the CASA exam questions

Good luck with it mate :ok:

Zhaadum
8th Jul 2007, 10:44
Another vote for AFT. I did 3 of the 7 subjects self study with their notes and the other 4 "hard" ones on their course at Maroochydore. All 7 passed first go due to their good work more than mine. Comprehensive and focussed notes on what is required for each subject, no unecessary BS. Just do it!

Z :ok:

Justin.C
8th Jul 2007, 12:30
Hi Brazdriver, got my Cpl in just under 20 weeks, including 3 weeks of unflyable weather which set me back but thats life, just did Irex the other day and i`ll be finished mecir in 3 weeks and that is all the fast track part of it (it`s just to cpl not including mecir) I would like to start my ATPL`s asap so I can become a "Brazdriver" like yourself one day :)

but cheers guys anywho for the info, I guess i`ll get crackin` :)

Mecarsa Bitrusty
8th Jul 2007, 13:11
AFT is the way to go! :ok:

TheColonel
9th Jul 2007, 12:44
Aussie ATPLs are harder then the JAA ATPLS thanks to a few question banks out there... Through WAAC will take you in theory 9 Months, as the UK CAA says it cant be done quicker.... Working a full time job and doing them over 9 months is Very Possible.

PM me for me details.