View Full Version : Australia Saved From Deadly Soy Attack

DEFCON4
7th Jul 2007, 04:53
Recently arrived into Perth from Tokyo.
The knuckle draggers were out in force.
One of the crew,a japanese girl,had a 500ml container of soy milk,bought in a local NRT supermarket.
One of the thugs, masquerading as a Quarantine officer,confiscated it.
The crew member had listed it on her form 5 illustrating that she was aware of her customs/quarantine obligations
The moron who confiscated it didnt know what it was...thus saving Australia from a deadly soy attack.
Absolutely no common sense....
Welcome to Australia where Redneck Bubbas are the guardians of the gateway.
Prerequisites for the job....an IQ inversely proportional to your shoe size

Islander Jock
7th Jul 2007, 05:06
Geez DEFCON, must have been a long flight. I think your comment about our AQIS / Customs personnel was a bit over the top. I'll put that down to your jet lag.
I don't know about others but in my many flights back into Perth over the past 4 years I experienced nothing but courtesy and assistance from the staff in the arrivals hall.
Just because it was bought in a supermarket and declared on the arrival form does not give it automatic right of entry.

As you are obviously so concerned for your crew members well being, why not do the right thing and take her down to the local Woolworths supermarket. They have loads of soy milk on the shelves.

haughtney1
7th Jul 2007, 12:44
Here in the UK, they are currently running a series of "Nothing to Declare"

I have to say that my personal experience of customs in and out of Oz has been nothing but absolutely normal:ok:
The customs officers they focus on during the TV show however, come across as complete wa**ers :bored:
They probably just treat me ok because they know that once I clear customs at Sydney or Brisbane, I'm straight off upstairs to the QF staff travel counter to try and jump on a flight to Auckland or Hong Kong:}

haughtney1
7th Jul 2007, 12:47
Here in the UK, they are currently running a series of "Nothing to Declare"
I have to say that my personal experience of customs in and out of Oz has been nothing but absolutely normal:ok:

Customs probably treat me ok because they know that once I clear customs at Sydney or Brisbane, I'm straight off upstairs to the QF staff travel counter to try and jump on a flight to Auckland or Hong Kong:}

The customs officers they focus on during the TV show however, come across as complete wa**ers :bored: