PDA

View Full Version : GF LHR Slots

Bombay HF
7th Jul 2007, 00:20
Read in the English papers yesterday that American Airlines has bought some of the GF slots at LHR:uhoh: No mention of which ones, MCT-LHR perhaps? Or is GF planning to go to once a day to London. The report said the slots are selling for 35 million US dollars at the moment.

left_to_first_class
7th Jul 2007, 12:06
From 01 July, GF only operating 3 services per day (2xBAH and 1xMCT). Was 2xMCT. So spare morning slot that's being sold.

Che Guevara
7th Jul 2007, 13:42
So now we have enough money to keep us going for 35 days!;)

You all do realize that the 'injections' of capital have never ever actually materialized and that we survive on the sale of assets and cash flow. How long for is the million dollar a day question?

You have to love this place though, lots of talk and absolutely zero action, bit like the daily headlines in the GDN. Delusions of grandeur methinks..:sad:

Adidos amigos, blue side up!

smart123
7th Jul 2007, 14:16
GF's current pathetic situation is also due to the bad management of JH. (Come on JH we know your background in Ansett). GF first sold GAMCO under the esteemed leadership of JH and now it is the turn of its new CEO to sell LHR slots to get some money to keep GF running. How these incompetent CEO/GM/SR.MGRS have destroyed GF? Time is not far away for EY/QR.

ironbutt57
7th Jul 2007, 15:37
James Hogan came with a plan and a goal....and was not allowed to see it to fruition...."you cant do this" you cant do that, so imagine he became a bit frustrated..there were plans for fleet replacement...growth....but somehow it kept getting quashed due internal politics" after he was promised "free reign"....sound familiar????

boiler
7th Jul 2007, 16:18
Time is not far away for EY/QR.
Not sure why. EY and QR are fully supported by their governments with very VERY deep pockets. Hogan is happy as a fiddle from all the money his company is getting from the sheiks. Talked to a friend of mine who quoted him as saying 'Why wouldn't I be happy at EY? I asked the AUH government for $1B and they gave me $10B".

Che Guevara
7th Jul 2007, 19:46
Hola
It's pretty obvious that the 'benefactors' here are not willing to spend a fil on GF, not an unusal story here on Fantsasy Island!
I actually feel some sympathy for anybody who takes on the task of trying to manage this operation, bit like creating wine from water, hasn't been done since the days of JC. Good luck to them. :ugh:

In the meantime, let's lobby for a flight to Havanna dudes. ;) Yes, they actually DO have miles of white sand beaches there. Do you remember the Bahrain briefing document that was given to you a few years ago......miles of white sands beaches etc. wishful thinking I suppose, or maybe I just havn't found them yet, or in fact a better one, maybe there really are people here who believe all the bs.:uhoh:

See ya

Che

GAGing in Bahrain
8th Jul 2007, 13:53
Che, the Bahrain briefing document you speak of didn't say "miles of white sandy beaches" it said "miles to white sandy beaches". :E

Che Guevara
8th Jul 2007, 19:53
Yep, must have misread it...:rolleyes: blame someone else though;)

See ya
Che