PDA

View Full Version : Cathay Pacific Interview

heron114
6th Jul 2007, 22:45
I have an interview with Cathay Pacific, any sugestions on books i can use to study for the technical portion of the interview would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Tj

Brian304
6th Jul 2007, 23:37
Well there is an interview preperation book from transair and AFE, I heard that helps quite abit, with all your questions and explanations answered about the interview all in one small file... (wouldn't call it a book, cause it just isn't thick enough lol)...

Brian304:ok:

whazitdoinnow
6th Jul 2007, 23:52
Heron, try Fragrant Harbour Wannabees, a little bit further down this list. Lots of info on interviews, questions, preparation and other inside information.

ATPMBA
7th Jul 2007, 12:12
I have heard the book "Handling the Big Jets" by D.P. Davies is good. It may be out of print but you can find a used copy. It's packed with a lot of good technical items a jet pilot should know.

jeyjey
9th Jul 2007, 08:09
Try "The Technical Pilot Interview" from Ace, I find it a very good preparation for technichal test and also a good review of ATPL stuff

extreme P
9th Jul 2007, 15:54
HTBJ is the Cathay bible. Know it inside out. Beware of Ace the Technical Interview. Many errors in there.
Other good ones include Aerodynamics for Naval Aviators, Fly the Wing and Aircraft Performance Theory for Pilots (PJ Swatton).

menikos
9th Jul 2007, 17:50
What are the errors ?

Thanks.

extreme P
9th Jul 2007, 17:55
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=283275

You need to get into Fragrant Harbour Wannabes and use the search function. Answers to all things for the Cathay interview are in there. I assume you do have the gouge?