PDA

View Full Version : SAA Voyager

oerlikon
5th Jul 2007, 21:26
Having recently looked at ticket prices on SAA and being a member of Voyager I was astounded to see that the Voyager upgradable tickets are about twice the cost of a standard, economy priced ticket.

There is no guarantee that your ticket will be upgraded (as I have found out in the past).

So what is the point of it all?

Isn't it better to ignore the high cost of owning an AMEX or Voyager Credit card when at the end of the day you end end up flying cattle class anyway for twice the price of your seat-mate?

What a scam!:=

JetPark
6th Jul 2007, 06:40
Very interesting post. I have, personally, always been of the opinion that reward programs - regardless of whether they are air miles in nature or not - have always worked in favour of the entity putting such program forward and not in favour of the end user. Business works for business not to make life easier or cheaoer for the customer. It's nothing more than a (marketing) tool to attract more business but when the fine print kicks in - there's only one winner and it's not the customer. I agree with you - it's fake.

dikkes
6th Jul 2007, 10:48
I remember a book title from long ago, "There is no such thing as a free lunch". :hmm: Voyager, perhaps in the same vein.......:confused: