PDA

View Full Version : Security Wiating Time At Bristol

smala01
5th Jul 2007, 13:46
Im flying out of Bristol on saturday morning (7.00am), and my travel arrangements (ealiest train) mean that i will only have about 30 minutes to transit security.
Are the new security measures implimented this week causing any (further) delays?
Thanks

marlowe
6th Jul 2007, 07:55
Smala 30 mins is not a realistic time to get through security at any airport these days, leave yourself at least 2 hours, even for a regional airport and especially dealing with the security search at Bristol airport!!!!!

Red Snake
6th Jul 2007, 10:46
Saturday morning 7:00 will be very busy; it's a peak time, especially for easyJet & the bucket & spade outfits.

If you mean 30 minutes just for security (i.e. you are already checked in and have planned to be at the gate 15-20 minutes before departure time), you'll probably be OK. If you mean arriving at the airport 30 minutes before your flight, you have no chance.

For a 7:00 flight, I wouldn't plan to arrive any later than 05:30 at the airport. You'll get away with 06:00 if you've checked in online & don't have any bags, but it's cutting it fine if it's really busy or slow for any reason.

smala01
6th Jul 2007, 19:45
Thanks for info guys.

I should have said that I am checked in on-line and will be arriving at security at 6am for a flight that leaves at 7am.

I know its cutting it tight, but i dont have much choice. I will be looking at train times in a little more detail next time!