PDA

View Full Version : Jar PPL confuser....

brs
5th Jul 2007, 13:32
Hi everybody

rain all over denmark today so I have decided to spend the day by reading in my ppl confuser ....

starting at NAC next year I have startet reading in the trevor thom books and the ppl confuser but can someone please explain the floowing too mee.

is the ppl confuser a 100% true copy of the caa theoreticaly exams...somebody have said too mee that i only need to read the confuser but I just couldent believe him...

therefor I have startet reading my trevor thom books,and they are very understandable

best regards to you all

brs:ugh:

Whirlygig
5th Jul 2007, 13:43
You are right; they are wrong!

The CAA questions are not exactly the same as The Confuser although there are similar ones. In addition, The Confuser does have a couple of error so be careful.

Reading the books will give you a good understanding of what you need as a pilot; at the PPL level, this is the useful and necessary stuff so you will be a better pilot for having covered it rather than just practicing questions.

If you think you might be going onto the professional exams, then a good understanding at this level is almost necessary, otherwise you could find ATPL difficult.

Good Luck!

Cheers

Whirls

HomerJay
6th Jul 2007, 16:46
The confuser will pass you like it did me. but you will regret it.

you won't learn all the material you need to.

BEagle
6th Jul 2007, 17:30
Hmm..

On one thread you wrote:

"Hi everybody

next year i start at OBA to take my jar ppl at OBA in ormond beach aviation"

and yet here you say:

"Hi everybody

rain all over denmark today so I have decided to spend the day by reading in my ppl confuser ....

starting at NAC next year I have startet reading in the trevor thom books and the ppl confuser but can someone please explain the floowing too mee"

You say it's raining in Denmark, yet your location is given as 'malmø'... Although the normal spelling is Malmö - which is in Sweden?

Hmmmm.....:hmm:

Whirlygig
6th Jul 2007, 17:38
You old cynic BEags - perhaps he's changed his mind regarding course provider and, well, as for location .... I'm not really in The Wellington although my location indicates I am!!!

Cheers

Whirls

Brian304
6th Jul 2007, 23:48
Well the PPL confuser does pass you most of the time, well if not most of the time for me. But when you get to the ATPL exams stage you will start to regret it, well I mean really really regret it, as all you will have is A,B,C and D. And not the real knowledge you need to fly the aircraft, but using it as a guide won't harm you, as the CAA do seem to put some strange questions with very strange answers, so do use it as a guide, but don't rely on it.

Brian304:ok:

brs
7th Jul 2007, 03:43
Hi beagle

just because my profile says that I am from malmö,I dint have too read the books there.

live in Malmö but is a danish citizin..

dont know if I choose NAC or OBA....if it is so important too you

best too you all

brs

BEagle
7th Jul 2007, 09:41
No problem - you're obviously genuine with your queries and not 'trolling'!

If you're going to OBA, you would certainly be well advised to complete your exams first as the pace of the course is quite demanding.

In the UK, you can take the exams at any FTO/RF which conducts PPL training - whereas in other countries you have to use an exam centre.

Reading the Trevor Thoms will give you an excellent start, and the PPL Confuser is useful for revision. As for the sequence of exams, I would suggest:

First, do Human Performance. It's pretty simple and will give you confidence in the exam system.

Then get the tedious Air Law and Communications (PPL) exams out of the way. Very dry subjects indeed - but a lot of 'air law' content is common to both. You may get a better deal doing the RT practical and Communications (PPL) exams in one package; also, the RT practical can only be done at certain Clubs and needs a specific RTF Examiner.

Then do Met, Navigation and Flight Perf and Planning. Many people find nav quite demanding, so practise as much as you can.

Finally, do Aircraft(General). This is probably one of the more interesting subjects; not difficult but a large syllabus!

You have to complete all the exams within 18 months; they are then valid for 2 years in which time you should do your flight training and apply for your licence.

Good luck - and sorry for all the rain we've been sending to Scandiwegia recently!

brs
7th Jul 2007, 12:01
thanks BEagle

I will follow your advices,have already now mailet multiflight for ppl exam dates etc.

best regards

brs