PDA

View Full Version : B744F temp basings USA

Nullaman
5th Jul 2007, 05:03
How many backsides required in NA now?

'Another fine mess Stanley'

badairsucker
5th Jul 2007, 06:03
I must say, I am watching this saga unfold with a constant chuckkle to oneself.

Boy are thay getting themselves fu@cked up.:D:D

Sqwak7700
5th Jul 2007, 10:32
... And the band kept playing on as the ship slowly sank...

Doesn't it feel that way, with all the chipper updates and lack of information from the Union??

ULRequalsSLEEP
5th Jul 2007, 12:08
Its a fact that they can't man the freigthers with freighter pilots alone. Here's an idea - lets not volunteer to fly the freighter. Then they will have to pay more to attract freighter pilots and, voila, suddenly freighter and pax scales are the same!
Of course only applies to captains as they can continue to intimidate FOs into flying the freighters! Oh no, thats right, I am missing out on "interesting flying" - thanks Richard for pointing that out. Split duties are interesting too. So too is 2 man crew flying between HKG and the middle east. Damn I miss that interesting flying. Please can I have that back!? Three man to Europe and back would be REALLY interesting - can I have some of that too!?

sizematters
5th Jul 2007, 13:03
well, well, the light is dawning, eh ??? the more that say NO the better....................

moosp
5th Jul 2007, 14:41
Yes, delighted to see that they need pax captains to fly the freighter. For a very few guys with the appropriate visas this is good news.

But why would I as a non US citizen want go to those bases, attract the interest of the TSA and the IRS and get immigration all hot under the collar about my status as a non American spending time and possibly working out of USA?

I did temp basings in the USA pre 9/11 and things were at the "don't ask don't tell" stage with the above government departments, as no USA citizen was disfavoured by my presence. Things have got nasty since then, and I chose to keep away.

Anyone with safety stories that refute my fears is very welcome to change my mind...

Fr8t M8te
5th Jul 2007, 17:58
well, well, the light is dawning, eh ??? the more that say NO the better....................

.....and YET MORE freighters are arriving:D

badairsucker
6th Jul 2007, 08:10
And YET more are saying NO...

:D:D:DBRAVO CHAPS.:D:D:D