PDA

View Full Version : Lcc Redeye Ops

yowdude
4th Jul 2007, 15:56
hi folks i fly for an asian lcc and im just wondering how other lcc around the world deal with redeye flights. we fly out of manila around 8-10 in the evening to several regional destinations and we get back around 6-7 the next morning after a quick turn. two man crew, redeyed , with the sun right at you landing 06, headache and all.company authorizes NAPPING :confused:as to RON to scrimp on mulah.

Panama Jack
4th Jul 2007, 17:10
Isn't that, in effect, a definition of "Low Cost?"

Saving nickles and dimes, wherever possible?

TakeUsInJames
31st Jul 2007, 09:41
I fly for an asian nonLCC and get my share of these flights also. 4 crew ops is the only way to go if you're flying all night around asia. I would never allow my family to board on these flights. Would you?
So why do I do it?
Without pilot unions, all we can hope to do is make a suggestion and be heard. You can also call scheduling and be taken off the flight if you don't feel well rested and hopefully the unlucky guy on standby will be in better shape to fly all night.
We pilots, get our roster and do the best that we can, hopefully we don't have too many of these flights in the month and hopefully we'll be with someone we trust in the cockpit and hopefully the weather will be fine. Lot of hopefully's. Here's one more: hopefully the safety groups in these airlines will stand up to the commercial department and knock some sense into their one-track minds.

Fly safe guys.:)