PDA

View Full Version : Jet2

AKAFresh
4th Jul 2007, 14:54
Hi all,

Can anyone who is currently working for Jet2 help in answering some of the following questions:

1) What's the roster like including days off?
2) Apporx number of hours per year
3) Type rating costs/bonds - how much and how long?
4) F/O salary (net approx. figures would be grateful please)?
5) Pension scheme if any and other benefits?
6) Assessment.. details on interview/sim check please...

7) oh most importantly whats the company like to work for as a pilot in your view?

Thanks for your time... any advise/information would be appreciated alot!

Aka

GatportAirwick
4th Jul 2007, 15:54
1) What's the roster like including days off?

No fixed pattern with a reasonable amount of instability at the moment, although it hasn't always been like that. Particularly bad for captains. On average 10 days off a month, sometimes more sometimes less with quite a few standbys. Days off tend to come in twos.

2) Apporx number of hours per year

Probablly around 500 to 600.

3) Type rating costs/bonds - how much and how long?

If no previous jet experience then £23000 (JOC + Type Rating) repaid to you by the company over 36 months at £638 tax free into your monthly pay packet. This doesn't take account of the interest that you will likely be paying on a loan taken out for that amount.

4) F/O salary (net approx. figures would be grateful please)?

With the new pay deal and sector pay/duty pay as well as type rating repayment I average around £2900 to £3100 per month.

5) Pension scheme if any and other benefits?

Pension is not great, 6% I believe. No other real benefits except tht you're not worked to the bone.Yet.

6) Assessment.. details on interview/sim check please...

Very fair interview process, usually 2 people. No technical questions. Maths and English psychometric testing as well as personality profile. Sim assesment done at CTC, fly a SID 3 times and get better each time you do it!

Overall, thumbs up as a place to work. I doubt you will find a nicer bunch of people assembled in one airline.

Elixir
5th Jul 2007, 15:03
Hours per year varies base to base. I did 750 hours last year - think this is the case for both MAN and LBA.

no sponsor
6th Jul 2007, 18:37
1) What's the roster like including days off? Get 10 days off per month, but at the moment I'm working 5-6 days on and then 2 days off. Normally finishing late afternoon and always starting after my days off on an early. They say the salary is low due to the fact we don't work like Ryanair, but the reality is you work more days, it's just that the days may not be as long, which doesn't suit me, since I work away from home, so when I'm working I'd prefer to work harder and get longer breaks. Far too many standbys - I get about 5 per month and you rarely get called out on the day.
2) Apporx number of hours per year - Get 60 hrs per month. Normally 2 sector days, but some four sector days.
3) Type rating costs/bonds - how much and how long? Must do a 'advanced' handling course at CTC if new to jets. CTC sim is fixed base, and quite crap. Rip off for 3500GBP. Then 737 rating at 20K or 757 at 17K.
4) F/O salary (net approx. figures would be grateful please)? 28K from days after base check to 2 months after finishing final line check, then 31K.
5) Pension scheme if any and other benefits? 6%, but you can only join in June or Dec, and after being with company for 6 months.
6) Assessment.. details on interview/sim check please... Maths test, English test, interview with Fleet captain and HR or Aircrew Manager. Sim test at CTC on 737.
Everyone I fly with is a decent chap. There's a few who bitch and moan and can make the sectors long and dull; quite a few unhappy junior captains, but I've not yet met any tossers. Training, once out of CTC, is of a high standard with very experienced line training captains.

In general I get the impression that Jet2 don't really care about their FOs, as the benefits are pretty bad, with only 10 days paid sick leave, no medical insurance, no loss of licence etc, I'm sure this is partly due to the instant ready supply of new guys from CTC or those who will stump up the cash to pay once you move on. Also, if you are Manchester or Balckpool based, you'll be dual based which is a pretty bad state of affairs when you are on minimum rest. It's done purely so as Jet2 can bypass the FTL rules set by the CAA.

AKAFresh
6th Jul 2007, 18:49
Many Thanks guys for posting the information.... its not surprising to hear they are a good bunch! iv heard it many times!... its shows especially when the guys have the time to reply to questions.

So thanks alot for all the information!

> Do you get paid during training ie during the JOC or type rating?

> Also did you get any help in securing the funds for the training from Jet2?

Regarding the latter.... i mean where Jet2 able to steer you guys in the right direction to people who knew the scheme. The reason i ask... is that like many who have spent 60K plus on training and myself having a 14K student loan to pay back im not the most attractive to banks!

Aka

no sponsor
6th Jul 2007, 21:36
- 800GBP per month (taxable) for a max of 45 days once on the TR course. All food and accommodation is paid for.

- Can get the TR paid for through CTCs arrangement with HSBC. They seem to give it to guys with lots of debt too.

The TR is paid back to you over 36 months, but your salary is reduced by exactly the same amount over 36 months, after which you get a pay rise from 31 to 38K.

GatportAirwick
7th Jul 2007, 02:01
With regards to the post probation period and salary after your type rating is paid off the basic is £32300 and £40400 respectively.

New pay deal was announced last April.