PDA

View Full Version : Aer Lingus hold pool

Blinkz
4th Jul 2007, 14:39
Hey guys,
Just thought I'd post and see if there are any other people on pprune who are in the Aer Lingus priority pool? Would be good to see how many there are, although its supposedly a 'small' number of us. I've heard different things about when AL will start training again, ranging from September 07 to March 08!

Blinkz
5th Jul 2007, 09:19
I've been hearing rumours from people inside AL that they will be starting training again in Autumn so hopefully only a couple of months to wait.
Yes it took quite a while for everything to happen. All my interview/tests/sim were done in one week, after that though they just kept putting me on hold. It was about 2 months I think from starting selection to hearing I was in the pool. I don't mind really, Aer Lingus are one of the best airlines in Europe to fly for so if I've got to jump though some hoops to get in then I don't mind!

Speedrock
9th Jul 2007, 12:29
Also in the AL hold pool (along with BA pool...decisions decisions). I was told that there are something like 24 people in the AL pool.

From first interview to getting the "call" was about two months with a lot of painful hanging around in the middle. I received a letter about 10 days ago that says that I will be required for 2008 (very vague) so don't know if course will actually start at the end of 2007.

Hope this helps.

Speedrock