PDA

View Full Version : Should I stay or should I go?

dcarroll
4th Jul 2007, 14:08
Hi all,
Just to briefly explain my scenario, Im a 2nd year Aircraft Apprentice in the Irish Air Corps. My dream has always been to fly commercial, and it has come to the stage where I want go for it and take the gamble.
Ive been in contact with oat about the Netjets programme, so could anybody shed some light on this programme?
Also, would it be foolish to give up my course until im qualified and then go for cpl?

Could really do with some advise, positive/negative.

thanks, dc

psyan
4th Jul 2007, 14:30
If you pack in your current training before at least a basic qualification then should you flounder in reaching for your goal, you will have nothing to fall back on.

I think that were I in your position then I would continue my training and once I had achieved a qualification that would gain me employment, then I would change direction.

I have seen far too many do as you seem to desire and fail, ending up with nothing. But that is only my opinion.

Best Wishes

willby
5th Jul 2007, 11:45
Agree with previous contributors especially Rob-D. An aicraft maintenance qulification would be very beneficial down the road and should help get that first flying job if you do wish to change to a flying creer later.