PDA

View Full Version : Haughey Air / Norbrook Legacy

Life's a Beeze
4th Jul 2007, 09:26
Norbrook are once again advertising in Flight for a Captain for their Legacy.
Lots of turnover it seems.

They were supposed to be based in Carlisle, but the new advert says Newry.
Where is Newry? That's the company headquarters. What airport, Dublin?

Anybody any info on why the apparantly large turnover and the change of aircraft location.

Whats the company like, T & C's?

Ta.

spanishflea
4th Jul 2007, 09:59
I think this one spends much of its time out of Belfast Aldergrove? Newry is in NI not the ROI.

DeanCross
4th Jul 2007, 20:20
The HQ is Newry Near Belfast.

Haughey Air used to own Carlisle Airport but dont anymore so I am guessing thats why the change in location.

I would hope that the T+C are better than that were offered for the airport employees, low salary, no sick pay, minimal holidays, etc etc etc.

He did have a good team of pilots flying his helicopter so hopefully they and the new crew would be well looked after.

DCS

Life's a Beeze
5th Jul 2007, 10:38
Google maps show Newry about an hour South of Belfast, about an hour North of Dublin. So they fly out of Belfast.

Anybody got anything else re T&C's, time off etc

flying headbutt
6th Jul 2007, 08:16
The last time this was advertised was for two weeks on in Carlisle/one week off. The aircraft is sometimes parked up at Belfast City but I've never seen it at Aldergrove. There seems to be a highish turnover - take from that what you will.

Falconman
9th Jul 2007, 22:30
Just google the fat man, and you will see why you wouldn't want to do that - at any price

unablereqnavperf
10th Jul 2007, 11:42
Not a very nice employer speak to several Ex's if you don't do what the man wants when he wants you get the Alan Suger treatment! ie. YOUR FIRED!

May have something to do with why this job is advertised as often as it is.

FloaterNorthWest
10th Jul 2007, 13:06
Falconman,

You ex-Haughey?

FNW

Life's a Beeze
10th Jul 2007, 13:18
Sorry for my ignorance, who is the "fat man".

Aren't all corporate owners demanding or is this one more special?

Not worth it at any price? Is it really that bad?

Falconman
11th Jul 2007, 18:47
No - don't do helicopters and dangerous stuff like that..

Falconman
11th Jul 2007, 18:59
check your PMs Breezy

bizpilot
13th Jul 2007, 14:46
Falconman,

Believe you are the guy who got sacked from Haughey and went off to fly a Falcon for a short period. How looking for work, I am led to believe.

Life's a breeze.

Take what Falcon says with a pinch of salt. Believe he used to try and divide an conquer whilst at Haughey by telling tales.

Flintstone
13th Jul 2007, 15:03
http://www.barryboys.co.uk/phpBB2/images/smiles/popcorn.gif
This could get interesting.

Life's a Beeze
13th Jul 2007, 21:29
Thanks Biz Pilot :ok:

Flintstone
As always you kill me.
:):):):):):):):)
:D:D:D:D:D:D

cambioso
14th Jul 2007, 15:26
Falconman
Believe you are the guy who got sacked from Haughey and went off to fly a Falcon for a short period. How looking for work, I am led to believe.
Take what Falcon says with a pinch of salt. Believe he used to try and divide an conquer whilst at Haughey by telling tales.[/B]

No Biz,
You are not correct in any of your "I believes".....
I am the guy who was sacked from Haughey!!
I am still flying my Falcon (and absolutely loving it!).
I was "let go" overnight after refusing to subject my crew and I to a 22 hour 5sector duty day returning through the Chinese and Russian winter night back to the UK. "I will find someone who will do it"......
Not sure about the telling tales, or the devide and conquer bit....sure, I was an ear to the other guys moaning about some of the conditions and duty hours (but what do you expect when you are all living under the same roof, miles from anywhere for two weeks at a time?) and had my say as well.
Why don't you just go for the job rather than dithering around?
Then you can tell us all how great it is........
Good luck,
Jez Cooke.

Flintstone
14th Jul 2007, 21:34
http://www.barryboys.co.uk/phpBB2/images/smiles/jerry.gif

bizpilot
15th Jul 2007, 14:36
falconman=cambioso=Jerry.

Only got the not flying the Falcon bit wrong.

Up to the usual tricks I see. Its too small a world to try and deceive people.

Biz

cambioso
15th Jul 2007, 15:42
falconman=cambioso=Jerry.

Hey Falconman.....fancy giving me some help with this Numpty?
This Biz-guy seems to think that you are as good looking as me!!

No seriously Bizpilot (whoever you are), I mean it, if you are seriously interested in the Haugheyair "thing" (apparently you were in May 2006 when I got the job) just do it and good luck to you. I'm not up to any "usual tricks", (whatever that means) I'm just clarifying a few things that I am actually qualified to clarify 'cos I was there ok?
So please stop "snipeing", (it's not very "grown-up"), and do try and move on with your life.

Camb=JC

bizpilot
15th Jul 2007, 16:24
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Hardly the language or behaviour of a former Royal Marine officer.

There are others on this thread to whom you have revealed that Falconman and cambioso are one and the same.

And I have no interest in the current Haughey 'thing'.

:}

Flintstone
15th Jul 2007, 18:19
.....and after the commercial break we'll be talking to Sharon from Cardiff who has had six children by seven fathers.

Life's a Beeze
15th Jul 2007, 20:18
Flintstone.... What do have against Sharon?? :D

Flintstone
15th Jul 2007, 21:08
Flintstone.... What do have against Sharon??

Make that eight fathers. :uhoh:

Life's a Beeze
18th Jul 2007, 09:14
Never even met her Flintstone.... Honest :\

TripleIRS
21st Jul 2007, 09:11
I applied some time ago; never got a reply. Says a lot about a company in my book when that happens. :hmm:

Thanks for all the comments here; it's been "enlightening"! :ooh:

Life's a Beeze
21st Jul 2007, 20:08
I've applied this time but heard nothing....

Not rated but suitably qualified.

Anybody got an answer?

No real info on T's & C's either.

Cabin Dragon
22nd Jul 2007, 11:38
Why not ask Jez?

"They" should know all the answers.

:hmm:

CD

Life's a Beeze
22nd Jul 2007, 17:44
CD

Sorry I understand the ask Jes - Cambioso right? But why they?

Life's a Beeze
2nd Aug 2007, 07:58
So anybody get hired yet or interviewed.

I heard the crew room was becoming like a retirement home. :)

Life's a Beeze
2nd Aug 2007, 15:41
And that is in the region of??

Please, an idea. Not an exact figure. Ballpark.

Thanks

Life's a Beeze
2nd Aug 2007, 18:44
Thanks DQ.

I wont divulge it but why is it a secret?

It would make it a lot easier, even for you, not to waste time going to an interview if you knew the salary on offer.

FloaterNorthWest
3rd Aug 2007, 10:30
Job offered to an individual.

Crew room age still 60+ (except for the young thrusting heli pilots!) and even more multi-national. No hope of getting an AOC now.

Still, it is quiet in the afternoons and during bingo!

FNW

bizpilot
9th Oct 2007, 14:07
Captain's position soon to be advertised again!

Biz

PPRuNeUser0215
9th Oct 2007, 14:39
Is it that Norbrook has become the new JCB ?
If the pilots who tend to join were on a cushy number, you would expect them to stay there for the 5 years left to retirement... It doesn't seem to be the case though.
I ask because I had an interview the first time they advertised and wasn't too impressed by the way they handled it (I had made clear on the phone what my requirements were in order to save time to us all... Turns out that none were open to discussion so in a pure aviation tradition, both paries wasted time and money).

So now it is with a curious eye and little smile that I keep on reading this thread/adverts.

Life's a Beeze
9th Oct 2007, 20:14
Another one leaving?

I also heard that one of the helicopter pilots had left. Corrections accepted!
Another JCB to be sure.

Beeze

bizpilot
10th Oct 2007, 05:44
One helicopter pilot left and the other leaving soon.

Don't think they are off to join the ex-Haughey Air Wing in Kiev :ok:

Biz

1500psi
10th Oct 2007, 08:50
I've been interviewed too and no respons at all!!!:confused:

Life's a Beeze
11th Oct 2007, 14:49
Kiev...?

From what I'd heard the guys are having fun relaxing on the med most of the time. :ok:

Cheers

Unkle Fester
17th Oct 2007, 08:57
Biz

Is there any truth in the rumour that 2 Captain's departed in the Legacy with less than 1 tonne of fuel.

Then 1 of the 2 managed to get the other fired by telling the owner that the flight was dangerous. What a :mad:

Nice guy. That's a job I want! :yuk:

ScottyDawg
18th Oct 2007, 08:46
I landed this job in Feb 2007

Worked my notice period, successful references taken up etc..was fairly positive and as helpful as possible and then on the very day due to start... job offer was withdrawn without any explanation :ugh::ugh:

Salary was around 82K plus car and usual benefits (LOL, death in service.etc) had a very strong impression that the principal "micro-managed" and interfered with the entire operation from start to finish

On reflection - and on reading the posts above - I was lucky not to get involved with this operation.... this is not an outfit that would appear to have any honour or respectability about it - go into it with your eyes wide open.

SLUDGEPUMPIN - thanks for the PM.... info' was enlightening

Cheers

ScottyD :O

bizpilot
19th Oct 2007, 11:08
Unkle Fester,

Very appropriate title considering.

The 1 tonne story is correct.

Biz

bobjen
30th Oct 2007, 12:49
A new hangar has just been built at Carlisle airport with HAUGHEY AIR on side. 30/10/07.??

bizpilot
2nd Nov 2007, 09:43
The hangar was planned ages ago to house the Legacy and for the crew to be based on the estate near Carlisle.

The hangar took a long time to complete but no pressure was put on anyone to have it ready for occupation. It has been complete for some time but as there is currently no helicopter available to him he is keeping the Legacy and crew in Ireland.

There is a potential problem with the hangar. If the new runway is completed the hangar is going to be too tall and too close to the new runway and will need to be demolished.

Stobart have been trying to use the hangar but where told no.

I think the hangar will remain unused until a decision has to me made as to its effect on the new runway. The hangar owner is aware of this.

Time will tell.

Unkle Fester
2nd Nov 2007, 15:55
Hey Biz,

Why no helicopter, I thought he had acquired a new S76 and had at least one thrusting young aviator flying it.

:O

bizpilot
3rd Nov 2007, 16:36
Fester,

You crack me up.

Said young thruster left, as did his deputy, therefore no helicopter drivers.

New crew start training next week so helicopter available again in a couple of weeks.

Bizpilot

Unkle Fester
6th Nov 2007, 06:37
Hey Biz, I thought it was the Deputy that was the thrusting young pilot :ok:

Glad I keep you amused.!!

Cheers
Chris

EGAC Voyeur
16th Jan 2008, 21:41
There seemed to be a major bust up between the passenger and the crew in Belfast last Friday. I could hear it in the tower. Anybody got info on the reason.

Dont Know if I would want to be on the receiving end of that rant.

Who was the pax?

Just Nosy

Best Regards
Pete

OEIHP
17th Jan 2008, 11:15
Is the Sikorsky still in use?

maxvne
19th Jan 2008, 00:56
Yes Sikorsky still in use quite regularly recently now he has crew, but they spend a lot of time in London away from home, a regular trend I think.

Gulf4uk
19th Jan 2008, 10:34
Helicopter using that Callsign into Fairoaks late last eve *FRIDAY* Has been in and out most of week

Tony

FloaterNorthWest
19th Jan 2008, 16:35
A decision was taken some time ago to use Fairoaks instead of Battersea. It is also their maintenance base.

I guess the house in London is finally finished.

FNW

helimutt
20th Jan 2008, 17:56
I realise after reading this thread that this may appear a strange question, but, what experience requirements do they have for 76 drivers?
Just wondering.:hmm:

bizpilot
20th Jan 2008, 19:38
Patience and a very thick skin!!!!

Stay on the North Sea Helimutt, it ain't worth it!!!

Biz

helimutt
21st Jan 2008, 12:55
:hmm::ok: hadn't planned on changing, but I just remember a few years ago when I saw them advertising and knew they would probably have strict requirements, but wondered if they may be having trouble getting that standard nowadays with pilot shortages onshore etc.

fisbangwollop
23rd Jan 2008, 17:56
NRB76 a good customer of mine whilst crossing the Irish sea from Rostrevor to Corby castle. The long time captain a great guy recently moved on to BHL I hear and new guy now at the controls. Always a pleasure to speak and offer them a service.

Kent BeTrue
24th Jan 2008, 08:05
Fisbang,

Couldn't agree with you more. The departed CP is a great guy... BHL are fortunate to get him in their ranks. The other departed Captain was also top notch. Don't know the new ones... Let's see how long they last. :ok:

helimutt
28th Jan 2008, 21:38
is the pay any good with only 500hours on S76 ?:E

Unkle Fester
3rd Mar 2008, 15:43
Rumour control has it that another one has departed the happy crew retirement home of Newry.

To be confirmed! :}

Chomeur
7th Mar 2008, 07:14
Rumour confirmed, but hey, what is all this retirement home stuff?

bizpilot
7th Mar 2008, 07:24
Chomeur,

Originally two of the jet crew were young, thrusting, virile, good looking individuals (so they told everyone) then after they left the average age of pilots was over 60.

Hence the retirement home reference.

Biz

cambioso
7th Mar 2008, 20:51
Does that make me "Young, thrusting, virile and good looking" then Bizjet......? Or am I the "Third Man"?
Hope you're well and happy......
Jez.

bizpilot
1st Apr 2008, 13:10
And another one bites the dust!!

Biz

Kent BeTrue
1st Apr 2008, 20:55
Who has departed the happy pastures now then Biz.... did not think many were left?

Surely not "I have 3 offers" has left?

bizpilot
2nd Apr 2008, 07:44
Kent,

I have 3 offers is slowly building a shrinking empire.

There is now only one of each type of pilot..........isn't that all you need for one helicopter and one jet?

Just one Belgian and one Irish pilot left.

Biz

maxvne
16th Apr 2008, 13:11
apparently only one helcopter pilot soon

FloaterNorthWest
16th Apr 2008, 16:18
Might be safe to go back then.........................................maybe not!!

FNW

Kent BeTrue
16th Apr 2008, 16:44
Floater..... As the tennis bloke said "You Cannot Be Serious"

So who is left .... just the pole dancer?

:mad:

Unkle Fester
5th Jul 2008, 18:30
A little birdy tells me that the Legacy is no longer......

Anybody confirm this?

Is it being replaced?

Anybody brave enough?

Fester!

bizpilot
5th Jul 2008, 22:12
Seems to be true.............

Lynton Aviation Aircraft Sales - SOLD – 2006 Embraer Legacy 600 (http://www.lyntonaviation.com/content/forsale/embraer_legacy_600/forsale_legacy.html)

Off to the sandpit apparently.

The previously mentioned Belgian was last seen climbing into the hold as it taxied out.

Shame that the three companies that offered him employment lose the chance to work for him.

Biz.

206Fan
23rd Mar 2012, 16:26
Didn't know Haughey Air had an AW139 on order due to be delivered this year. News article from September last year. Came across it a few nights ago.

Haughey Air Limited Orders An AW139 For VIP Transport | AgustaWestland (http://www.agustawestland.com/news/haughey-air-limited-orders-aw139-vip-transport)

206Fan
17th Oct 2012, 13:08
G-LBAL IMG_4627 | Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/39845522@N04/8039747027/)

DQ4
18th Oct 2013, 08:48
I heard a rumour a new fixed wing aircraft is coming. Anyone with further details??

chevvron
24th Oct 2013, 15:50
I've heard they're now 'disposing' of the '139' due to its unreliability.