PDA

View Full Version : GA job possibilities for a low time pilot

iamanaussiemavrick
4th Jul 2007, 07:56
Hi,

Just wanted to know about the possibilities of getting a job in australia for a low timer like 250 hrs with MECIR+ CPL(A).

Any chances other than flight instruction.

Chadzat
4th Jul 2007, 08:00
lots of chances, start calling/ sending resume's with a follow up knock on the door and I would put money down that if you have a decent attitute and can fly ok you will have a job within a month or two. Of course a bit of 200 series time would nudge things along.

morno
4th Jul 2007, 08:01
How long is a piece of string??

I'm sure this subject has been done to death about 250 times. Try the search function, and if still no joy, come back to us.

MECIR with 250hrs will mean bugger all to any prospective employers unless you're really really lucky.

morno

Hottie
4th Jul 2007, 08:03
Hi,
Well, to be perfectly honest, I'm not sure exactly what the scene in Oz for GA is at present, however from what I gather and hear 'through the good ol' aviation grapevine', if you're prepared to move to Northern Territory (breeding ground, so it appears, for many current airline pilots), then you'll be happy to hear that jobs are being advertised in Australia's local newspapers.
This was totally unheard of during my time.
From friends who still live and work in Oz, the industry is faced with demand for pilots, but the Oz scene, from what I gather, is not producing as many CPL's as they used to. So the jobs are becoming increasingly MORE available.
Good luck for you. It seems these days that 3yrs in GA is the maximum one does before progressing to major regionals, then mainline jet positions....

Sign of the times... good times ahead for current GA driver and wannabe-jet jockeys :)

Take care and good luck
H

iamanaussiemavrick
4th Jul 2007, 08:04
I have heard western australia has most jobs?? Is it true??

Also which kind of planes to expect?? Dutchess, 210's???

Chadzat
4th Jul 2007, 08:10
search mate,

type in things like "first job" "cessna 210" "charter job" etc....

Sorry to be blunt but you won't get far in remote GA without some initiative.

also look at the afap site- PLENTY of jobs on there.

Howard Hughes
4th Jul 2007, 08:36
Have you checked the AFAP website this week? There has been two adds for newbies, this would never have happened in my day!;)

Wait a minute it still is my day.http://www.augk18.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/old.gif

'aveagoodknight
4th Jul 2007, 09:53
..another one Fawlty??

Ejector Pump
4th Jul 2007, 10:39
Every professonial pilot in the world found themselves with just 250 hours at some stage.

Perhaps that may go some way in answering your question.

compressor stall
4th Jul 2007, 10:44
Bloody hell! I cannot believe you are asking that question. :ugh: AFAP website has current ads from two companies that used to have several resumes a DAY from pilots with double you hours come over thier desks, and the resignation rate used to be about one every two months....

You have no idea how good it is for you these days. Get out from behind your computer, get on your bike and get those jobs. They even do phone interviews now, somthing unheard of 10 years ago. :bored:

shakes head and wonders about the spoon fed youth of today

Lefthanded_Rock_Thrower
4th Jul 2007, 11:17
Not real hard at all if you are willing to leave mummy and daddies house.

3 July 2007

ALLIGATOR AIRWAYS - Charter/Scenic Pilot - C207 & GA8.

- Position is based in Kununurra, WA.

- Salary will be the award.

- Qualifications - CPL(A), Dangerous Goods, Class 1 Medical.

- Some 200 series Cessna experience advantageous.

- Min 300 hours total time.

- Start ASAP.

Apply to: [email protected] or fax 08 9168 2704

Towering Q
4th Jul 2007, 12:56
Also which kind of planes to expect?? Dutchess, 210's???
Dutchess (sic)!!! I don't think you will find too many of them where your going.

compressor stall
4th Jul 2007, 13:10
There are a few around TQ, I extended the flaps and shot an ILS in a Dutchess once at a backpackers in Darwin. mmmmmmm :p

Towering Q
4th Jul 2007, 13:54
I hope you remembered to get your gear down.:E

compressor stall
4th Jul 2007, 14:14
If I remember correctly I shot the ILS with my gear up. :confused:

Towering Q
4th Jul 2007, 14:26
I didn't realise you had a problem with malfunctioning gear.:uhoh:
Recent events would suggest otherwise.

Capt Fathom
5th Jul 2007, 00:50