PDA

View Full Version : Fishing for ag jobs

kiwi ag
4th Jul 2007, 04:09
Hi everyone, i am a kiwi ag pil8 with four years flying experience looking for an overseas flying experience some time in the future, just wondering if anyone knows of any jobs out there??? I dont have any spraying experience but can get a rating in N.Z if required. I have 3200 TT 2500 ag time 1000hrs turbine ( Walter & PT6 ) 300hrs tail GA 200 Fatman. Look forward to hearing from you all!!!

:cool::}:D:)

cavortingcheetah
4th Jul 2007, 07:12
:hmm:
Well, it might not be of any use at all but this operator in South Africa used to be very big in agricultural flying and survey.
http://www.avexair.com/
If they don't do this any more they should at least be able to forward you on to someone who does. The most useful man to whom to speak is probably Captain CC, (no relation) an ex SAA skipper of some deserved renown, who still flies 727s while in his seventies.
Best of luck.
cc

kiwi ag
4th Jul 2007, 08:01
Thanx 4 that will look in to it

:ok:

cavortingcheetah
6th Jul 2007, 12:51
:hmm:

(Ducking down and keeping head as far below parapet as possible here).
There is another aviation forum, an African one, where a lot of really bad cases hang out, speaking abominable dialects and talking about women, beer,religion, sex, and so on. They're a friendly bunch, ask there.Ssshhhh:=

currawong
8th Jul 2007, 01:10
G'day kiwi ag.

Have a look at www.fieldair.com.au

Despite the drought, there are still jobs coming up.

Good luck.

PS why leave NZ? Everyone else is trying to get there.

westernlarrikin
15th Jul 2007, 07:27
Good luck in your search very dry here in oz might take a couple of good seasons to pick the work up again. Just wondering how you can have so many ag hours and not have any spraying time. Doesn't the ag ticket in kiwi land cover spraying. Excuse my ignorance never worked over there.:confused:

How do the seasons work over there all spreading by the sounds of it??

Fly safe
WLKN:}