PDA

View Full Version : Delays in Cannes (LFMD)

zakka
4th Jul 2007, 00:03
Hi

I am going to Cannes (LFMD) this Friday morning from the UK. Are there generally many delays imposed by the ATFM this time a year? Can I expect a slot-time? I was just wondering if I should warn my passengers that we might not leave on time? What are your experiences with LFMD?

Thanks

Chilli Monster
4th Jul 2007, 00:19
I think my longest delay out of there at this time of year has been 25 minutes. More often than not however it's no more than 10 if you have one.

With that in mind I wouldn't tell your pax you might be delayed - being on time in case you get a slot would be a better idea.

zakka
4th Jul 2007, 01:07
Thanks, that doesn't sound too bad. Is it normally also only 10-25 min delay you have experienced going in to Cannes? I have just heard that you might get delays flying in to Cannes this time of year?

Thanks

Chilli Monster
4th Jul 2007, 06:09
To be honest it can depend on too many factors. Early morning delays might be due to UK restrictions, not French (seen a lot of these recently). You just can't tell. Could be none, could be 10 minutes, could be 30 - depends on what's happening on the day. Again, you've got to be ready for your EOBT and then take what happens.

Actual "holding" delays inbound however will be non-existent.

CL300
4th Jul 2007, 06:39
CFMU windows at LFMD is the smallest of all ( 15 minutes pitch) therefore Cannes is the strongest regulation you will find, considering only 4 approaches/ hour are in force during high season, and only ONE IFR traffic in the pattern, when coming from UK you can expect holding at MUS if you were in the flow stream of Nice arrivals.

One other thing the circle to land has to be followed strictly, noise monitoring campaign has started, along with flight track monitoring.

Point PIBON is very often not overflown properly along with no respect of the PAPI 17 which is not 3° !!! check your charts ! I will be watching you LoL !!

AlphaWhiskyRomeo
4th Jul 2007, 19:57
We've had delays of plus 2 hours inbound in the last few months, on a particularly busy day in Canned. Outbound was a little better at 40 minutes - getting out just before closing time.

On the day, I do know that some aircraft just gave up and went to Nice for a quick drop off before parking up elsewhere. And 1 aircraft decided he'd not bother at all, because his 3 hour delay made the passenger's day pointless.

StressFree
5th Jul 2007, 07:39
I was in Cannes two weeks ago in a 604 and picked up a 710 minute slot delay for departure ie. just under 12 hours !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Spent ages on the phone and even went up to the tower to talk to the ATC staff, got the delay down to about 2 hours but its still a pain in the ar*e. :ugh:

Nice is FAR better except if you need fuel! :=

zakka
5th Jul 2007, 10:38
Thanks

Unfortunately I need fuel. I'll see in the morning - if they give us an unreasonable slot delay for Cannes, I'll go to Nice instead

4144r
5th Jul 2007, 21:28
Hi all,
If your flight isn't under AOC ask for a VFR departure from Cannes, then pickup an IFR clearance when airborne,so no slot! It works, I did it for a flight Cannes-Moscow.
:ok:
Soft landing