PDA

View Full Version : Unique Air Swansea

Pages : [1] 2 3

No Country Members
3rd Jul 2007, 22:41
Anyone know the latest on this company. Did they ever get an AOC, or did they turn out to be the rubbish everyone said they would?

Heard all sorts of rumours on the grapevine, wondered if anyone knew the truth, whether it's worth looking for a job with them, I heard they had some Citations on the way?

LB1985
4th Jul 2007, 00:21
I don't think they have an AOC. At least the CAA doesn't say they do!

No Country Members
4th Jul 2007, 07:39
Very odd this as PPJN lists them as recruiting, with the info updated very recently:

http://www.pilotjobsnetwork.com/factfile.php?id=wwymmeg5s8req95yn5mewezxh85m15ejr2vz4zvky9r9 7kxjh5p

Not a bad salary either.

No Country Members
4th Jul 2007, 10:34
Cha Ja

Thanks for that, I heard the same thing, think I'll give them a wide berth.

mikehammer
4th Jul 2007, 10:41
I still officially work for them. They owe me three months money. No sign of the new jets or the ratings we were promised either, never mind the C340.

Dried ears
4th Jul 2007, 10:51
I know someone who is in exactly the same situation as Mr Hammer, promises of jets but orders not fulfilled, salaries unpaid etc etc.

NB. I'll happily supply my name and details to moderator if there's the usual legal threats.

mikehammer
4th Jul 2007, 15:58
The managing director used to post on here as "Im here". I wonder if he has anything to say for himself publicly in defence of his actions?

Propsync
4th Jul 2007, 16:59
Mr Hammer. This issue with small operaters (I use the term Loosley of course) , in particular the one you have mentioned does seem to be a worry. We have all started somewhere with some of the ....shall we say "Ethicaley questionable" outfits. It does seem that it could be a case of low hours and indeed overkeen (desperate) and therefore vulnerable pilots being asked to perform what is not neccessarily in theyre best interests. I really would urge caution. If you ...or any other pilot has been asked to carry out duties in excess of the privelages of theyre licsence, or exceed minima. Then you must weigh up in your own minds ...is this really worth what I'm being paid for? . From what I hear ...is somewhere approaching nothing thus far. As proffessional pilots...I need not remind you of saftey and legal implications. But what kind of organisation would inflict those choices upon you?

mikehammer
4th Jul 2007, 17:09
Then you must weigh up in your own minds ...is this really worth what I'm being paid for?

Pay? Pay? What pay? Did somebody get paid?!!!

Propsync
4th Jul 2007, 17:13
You have not been payed? ....at all?

No Country Members
4th Jul 2007, 17:16
I must say I think it an absolute disgrace that you chaps have not received salaries. I feel guilty that I found out on here about this before it was too late for me. Best of luck finding new jobs.

I'd echo Mr Hammer. The MD of Unique should answer pubicly.:{

mikehammer
4th Jul 2007, 17:28
Not quite Mr Sync. I got £100 cash at Easter. Not bad for nearly 4 months. Bank manager loves me right enough.

No Country Members
4th Jul 2007, 21:06
So what was the truth about Citations and Kingairs? Did they ever materialise?

Phil Brockwell
4th Jul 2007, 21:14
Quite astounding, you guys work for nothing for months and I am struggling to find suitably houred Seneca drivers.

Phil

mikehammer
4th Jul 2007, 21:20
Not exactly working, Phil: simple economics meant that after a couple of weeks delay in the first months salary most could no longer afford to keep renting accommodation in Wales and had to leave. We are still being promised pay to this day, but each time it fails to materialise in our bank accounts.

LB1985
5th Jul 2007, 01:40
I only ever heard about 1 Baron flying.

Would that be G-WWIZ?

Propsync
5th Jul 2007, 04:51
Pehaps I have missed something here so please correct me if I am wrong ,

People have joined this company (presumebly) leaving other jobs to do so, Have been promised whatever is was they have been promised to get them there, and now ...after what seems to be a very extended period of time nothing has come of it? Not even pay?

How many pilots have been "employed"?

There must of been some extremely good promises made to keep you there this long! :bored:

I can only assume that there must be some dazzling buisness plan or trianing bond that keeps you there!

Barons must be trickier than I thought!

Phil Brockwell
5th Jul 2007, 05:33
But what work were you doing, the aircraft can't fly for reward with no AOC.

Propsync
5th Jul 2007, 06:17
Good Point !

mikehammer
5th Jul 2007, 07:42
We were told all flights would be non revenue flights. We were very careful about the implications of this, and spoke anonymously to the CAA to check what were our responsibilities regarding this. We were told that the liability was the operator's, and we could take at face value what we were being told by the company. However, safety of the flights were of course, down to us.

No Country Members
5th Jul 2007, 08:28
Why do it anonymously - if you felt you had a grievance, why not make it official?

mikehammer
5th Jul 2007, 08:42
I suppose aviation is a small world, nobody wants to cause trouble, and at that time we were trying to make it work within the bounds of the law and of safety, expecting an AOC in the pipeline. Sadly this has not materialised, as someone pointed out earlier.

Say again s l o w l y
5th Jul 2007, 09:13
But how can a non revenue service work? Someone has got to pay for it! Unfortunately it sounds like you chaps who were doing the flying did.

mikehammer
5th Jul 2007, 09:24
It was a short term exercise, pending AOC approval, with flights being goodwill to future clients.

LB1985
5th Jul 2007, 09:32
From what I gather, the Baron in question is on the AOC of another UK operator... But the whole thing does seem just a bit dodgy! :uhoh:

mikehammer
5th Jul 2007, 09:43
Which operator's AOC is the Baron using? I have heard this claim before elsewhere. The pilots really ought to be aware, I mean surely this other operator has SOPs to be followed? If it IS on another AOC then is the Baron now being used for revenue flights?

I am not sure, but I really do not think there is an AOC.

Say again s l o w l y
5th Jul 2007, 10:04
With a business brain like that running it, no wonder nothing ever materialised!

Any investor looking at a business plan that included something like operating expensive a/c for free whilst building up "goodwill" would run for the hills screaming.

If that's the way it was run, then I think someone has been telling his staff porky pies. If not, then come on here and prove me wrong!

mikehammer
5th Jul 2007, 10:06
I am kind of getting the impression that any investor may have done just that very thing!

im here
5th Jul 2007, 11:29
The pilot here has a sour grapes problem, he has very low time, and we decided that he was not right for the company as for the flight I think you will find it was a free of charge flight for an existing client, for the heart of a 5yr old girl, the investor picked up the tab for the feel good factor.

Rgds
MD

mikehammer
5th Jul 2007, 11:37
Which pilot? I reckon there's a few watching this. So did you decide from day one I was not suitable? When were you going to tell me, only up to now you have been wanting me back in Swansea to fly for you!!

Unbelievable.

Say again s l o w l y
5th Jul 2007, 11:41
So are you now sacking him here on Pprune? Hmmmm.

If he wasn't "right" for your company, then why has he been sitting around waiting for you? Surely you would have the gumption to tell someone their services are no longer required?

Something smells about this whole venture.

No Country Members
5th Jul 2007, 11:45
How many of us would have a few grapes after three months unpaid? Why don't you pay the guy up to date and then try and dismiss him? Why was he unsuitable? Does anybody here really believe that?

You sound like a benevolent chap, hearts n all. Why not just pay your pilots? Maybe then there'll be fewer sour grapes.

Anybody here wanna work for this guy????

mikehammer
5th Jul 2007, 11:53
For the avoidance of doubt, I am quite happy to give my details to moderators and back up any claims I make here. For me it is all fact based, rather than the 'make-it-up-as-you-go-along' stuff which may be appearing. I want this thread to keep going, I think it is important for other pilots to know what we have ben through before deciding to get involved with these guys.

As for any legal action from Unique Air, bring it on, I would love my day in court at your expense. If they threaten pprune send them to my door.

Say again s l o w l y
5th Jul 2007, 11:54
No, but I'd charter some of his flights if he's giving them away for free!

mikehammer
5th Jul 2007, 11:58
I'd fly you but apparently I'm not suitable!

J32/41
5th Jul 2007, 15:18
Getting sacked on PPrune, I've seen it all now. :D:D:D

bunnywabbit
5th Jul 2007, 15:41
Unique air dont be seeing much to defend themselves, so it must be a real steer clear company!!!

Say again s l o w l y
5th Jul 2007, 15:45
Even their webhosting company seems to be steering clear of them at the moment!

Never a particularily good sign!

bunnywabbit
5th Jul 2007, 15:53
Account Closed!

Phil Brockwell
5th Jul 2007, 18:57
Here is a question for you exponents of Article 19 of the Air Navigation Order. If an aircraft owner supplies crew and aircraft gratis, and the middle man between the owner/operator and the NHS sell this service does it count as flying for reward.

If the NHS have indeed been inoiced for a flight, but this money was not passed to the company that owns the aircraft surely this must be ilegal because if not someone could simply set up one loss making company and one priofit making one.

Phil

Life's a Beech
5th Jul 2007, 19:36
To defend MikeHammer against his erstwhile boss's attacks I have to say that his experience fits with what I heard, from crew looking for jobs.

Guys, as Phil Brockwell says, we in the legitimate flying business are looking for experienced crew. There are good companies out there, operating legally and paying their pilots.

This is a great business which I love working for. It is disgraceful when people exploit the goodwill of young people wanting the first steps in their careers. As Propsync hints there are some awful employers in our sector, but they are outnumbered by good, solid companies who won't ask you to break the rules.

As for Mr Hammer, talking to the CAA about his responsibilities when he is unsure seems sensible. It is what our inspector encourages.

We might be holding interviews soon. Do you have a CV, Mike? If you do, PM me. You might send one to Phil too. They're not as good as we are, but not bad ;)

mikehammer
5th Jul 2007, 19:46
Good heavens, I am overwhelmed. PM on its way to you, I'm probably not nearly experienced enough but nothing ventured nothing gained. There were a couple of experienced chaps with us at Unique so with your permission, I'll encourage them to do the same.

mikehammer
5th Jul 2007, 20:02
because if not someone could simply set up one loss making company and one priofit making one.

Phil

Mr Brockwell has an excellent point. Listed on Companies House, and therefore already in the public domain, are:

UNIQUE AIR M & M LIMITED
THE COTTEGE 1 THE BARNS
OCHR DRAW FARM
NEW INN ROAD EWENNY
BRIDGEND CF35 5AA
Company No. 05597748

and

Name & Registered Office:
UNIQUE AIR G-WWIZ (UK) LTD
74A HIGH STREET
WANSTEAD
LONDON
E11 2RJ
Company No. 06278209

Of course I would not dare to suggest anything underhand is occurring.

Phil Brockwell
5th Jul 2007, 20:02
Lifes a beach always assumed you worked in Europe, guess not if you are better....:E

Phil Brockwell
5th Jul 2007, 20:12
So....IF, and I stress IF. Company A did the flights at no cost to company B, and company B sold the flights it received for nothing at a profit, is it flying for reward....anyone....anyone,....Bueller?

What ever happened to the original company, that was not called either of those names.

Say again s l o w l y
5th Jul 2007, 20:15
I haven't got a copy here, but I reckon you're in the right there Phil.

I'm sure it has been used as a dodge before, but I cannot see how it can possibly be legal in anyway.

It would need to be a paperchase, but that wouldn't be too difficult.

You wouldn't be casting aspertions would you old boy? No, of course not. Totally hypothetical of course.

Phil Brockwell
5th Jul 2007, 21:08
In fact my original comments were based around if Unique were servicing clients FOC, and there was a Medical Transport Company (not owned by Unique or it's associates) selling that charter would it be the medical transport company that is in the wrong.

All assumption, and given the interest the CAA have shown in Unique before, I would be surprised if they would fall for it.

Phil

LB1985
5th Jul 2007, 22:10
I think somebody somewhere said that G-WWIZ was on Airtime Charters' AOC. I don't recall who said it though! :confused:

mikehammer
6th Jul 2007, 08:55
I'd be interested to know if Airtime Charters have any knowledge of that.

Phil Brockwell
6th Jul 2007, 09:12
Have a look on the aircraft. The Operations Manual is required to be carried, and a copy of the AOC.
The paperwork that was issued during your OPC/LPC and line training would reflect the operator.
Phil

mikehammer
6th Jul 2007, 09:18
Which is the very reason why I'd be interested to know Airtime's take on it!

I'd be very surprised it they had any knowledge of Unique being on their AOC.

Phil Brockwell
6th Jul 2007, 10:57
Let us be very clear about 3 things.

Mark Davies has conned established charter organisers by misleading them that he has an AOC.
He has operated flights based on that misrepresentation.
The aircraft is not being operated by Airtime or any other AOC holder.

Any confidentiality clause within his crew contracts cannot be upheld in a court of law if it prevents the reporting of a criminal act.

I notice with interest that his investor is not mentioned as a shareholder or Director in any of Unique Air's companies, although Frank is noted on the papers of one.

Someone take this bloke to court and shut him down before he kills someone. The CAA instill quality procedures for one reason and one reason alone....flight safety.

To run aircraft without an approval is an accident waiting to happen.

Phil

mikehammer
6th Jul 2007, 11:04
Phil I just fell off my seat!!!

Phil Brockwell
6th Jul 2007, 11:07
Well.....no point in sitting on the fence. Rest assured, with MD's affinity for threatening legal action I am in possession of proof of everything I have said.

Phil

Say again s l o w l y
6th Jul 2007, 11:12
Well done Phil. I have to say it has sounded like a dodgy operation from the start.

Now who was/is their FOI? Or did they forget about that?

Life's a Beech
6th Jul 2007, 11:38
I don't think Moses would be caught wet leasing aircraft to an operator that is going to be a bad payer. He didn't build up Airtime by being a mug. So even if I didn't trust Phil's word I would not believe that one. G-WWIZ was based in Bournemouth, but is aparently being registered to new owners at the moment, if you check G-INFO.

I don't have the info Phil has, so I can't say that this is a con running illegal charters. All I can say is that some companies do try to get away with it, as a colleague of mine once noticed. His evidence helped the CAA fine that company.

If anyone comes across a company that they suspect is operating illegally, the CAA publishes a list of companies with AOCs (http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/50/AOCListN_Z_20070611.pdf). Notice the lack of entry for "Unique Air".

Phil Brockwell
6th Jul 2007, 12:52
Another rumour doing the rounds about this company was that they were some how involved in G-SAMM and had coverage from Jet Options. I have checked and it is not true.

P

mikehammer
6th Jul 2007, 13:25
Really? We were told it was due for collection by Unique two weeks ago or more, but then it kept getting bogged down with problems when engineers checked it. I say that's what we were told, I don't think it was true. For a time Davies had a picture of the aircraft on his office wall which he had downloaded from the internet. Sad really. From the pic it looked like a decent machine.

Never did see his Lambo either (the one which was lacking in headroom for him). Or the Ferrari for that matter. There's a bit of a pattern here.

Phil Brockwell
6th Jul 2007, 13:32
I'm sure that once the payment is made it will be available for collection. The aircraft is certainly for sale.

Phil

Propsync
6th Jul 2007, 14:40
Lambo? Ferrari? G-samm? AOC? Website shut down? Unpaid staff? Public sackings? ANO deviations? Previous rep? .......:hmm: ...did I miss anything?

All we need now is now is a threatning letter and we have the makings of the next script for Aircrash Investigation!

I feel very sorry for you guys ! :{

Propsync
6th Jul 2007, 15:02
Pardon ?:ooh:

Phil Brockwell
6th Jul 2007, 16:21
Anyone with CFMU, keep an eye out tonight for departures CWL-North Wales area.

Phil Brockwell
6th Jul 2007, 21:13
Did anyone check if G-WWIZ departed CWL or Swansea tonight?

Life's a Beech
6th Jul 2007, 22:21
Well it didn't leave Swansea before closing. Apparently. Well, so I understand ... ;)

Phil Brockwell
6th Jul 2007, 23:38
I am arranging a meeting with our FOI regarding this matter, he will be interested if any correspondence with the CAA has sanctioned a "non-profit" Op without an AOC. Seems to me if this is the case most airlines do not need an AOC if profit is a pre-requisite.

I will be in contact with the NHS Trust (TFT) on Monday to check if payment is being made for flights, whether it be @ cost or not, and what method of due diligence they use to ascertain the suitability of an aircraft operator for work within the NHS.

I am also getting a "councils opinion" regarding whether a pilot who has signed a confidentiality agreement can be forced to comply with such an agreement if the reason for breaking such an agreement is to report a perceived crime.

If this company have a disregard for the procedures that bona fide operators have to achieve safe transport of freight and passengers they are probably not suitable to hold an AOC and I will be making that representation to the CAA. If anyone can furnish me with information to prove or disprove that opinion I would appreciate it.

Mike, I have had an email from MD claiming that you have falsified your log book and records, if you would like assistance in your legal defense of this matter please let me know.

Phil

Foxy Loxy
7th Jul 2007, 10:17
Which begs the question....

Why did he take on mikehammer if he thought he'd falsified his logbook??

This guy sounds like a total mess. Mike, get out of there now! Swansea is jinxed - I should know, I worked there too and it was a very "instructive" experience. I learned rather a lot about those who lack scruples...

Keep your chin up Mike. It can only get better from here on in.

Foxy

Life's a Beech
7th Jul 2007, 10:31
Writing to a third party making a defamatory claim? Specifically a third party who is a potential employer. Sounds like libel to me, and an especially nasty, targeted libel, if Mr Hammer can show his logbook to be accurate. Perhaps it won't be Mr Hammer needing to pay for defence. I am sure you are keeping that email, Phil.

Phil Brockwell
7th Jul 2007, 11:42
I have no personal axe to grind, but I do have salaries to pay and a business to run, and ilegal operations should be shut down by the CAA. The CAA are an overstretched resource, so to protect my business I will do whatever I can to shut these amateurs down.

I think that the pilots involved should be a bit more careful. If there is no training, no operations manual and no post holdes, it's probably an ilegal op.

P

2old2dieyoung
7th Jul 2007, 16:41
Having read and tried to make sense of the remarks made by pilots who appear to have been shamefully deceived by a company whose legality seems very much in doubt !!!! It seems to me that the official policing body of the powers that monitor the aviation industry need to take immediate action to get to the bottom of this debacle before other aspiring pilots are put in the same position or even worse their lives are endangered and any other person who may be flying in the vaciniity!

What is the real purpose of this company? Who is running it? Who is pulling the strings behind the scenes and to what end?

What do they hope to achieve by putting peoples careers and aspirations and livelihoods including their families in such dire straits?

How many other companies are they in debt to?

Say again s l o w l y
7th Jul 2007, 18:14
Unfortunately Phil, if you have inexperienced people in their first jobs, they often won't know what is acceptable or not. It's only when you work for a decent operator you realise how things should be done.

My alarm bells have certainly been ringing hard since I heard about this outfit.

Monkey Boy
7th Jul 2007, 20:19
Hi Phil - Just to let you know that if you need me to make a statement, you know where to find me, it shouldn't be a problem - you know what about!

Good luck!

carbonfibre
7th Jul 2007, 21:18
Also wiling to help out if required Phil (ref e-mail).
At least Dick Turpin wore a mask :=

Life's a Beech
8th Jul 2007, 09:55
Half the problem is the JAA law exams, in the ATPL (or CPL) series. There is very little in the syllabus relating to what is required in a commercial operation before getting airborne.

The CAA needs to sort out the training system so pilots know about requirements for experience, training and paperwork in the office and on the aircraft for a single-crew operation. Then they could start to hold pilots responsible for making sure the paperwork is correct. Until they require pilots to know what the correct system looks like then pilots are going to work for dodgy operators. Most will not know they're breaking the rules, and if they do know they can plead ignorrance.

Incidentally it would make my job as a line training captain easier!

mikehammer
8th Jul 2007, 23:08
Blimey. I've been away in the land of many Guinesses for one weekend, and it turns out I have made up my logbook!

Thanks Phil, for your support, I'll contact you separately on Monday by email regarding this matter, although, some of the emails I'll forward to you in return, from the "investor" in Unique Air, threatening libel action against me (unfortunately for him all I said was the truth and I've been taunting him (a lot!) with the truth ever since, hence his anger) will probably explain their recent email to you.

I am probably a thorn in their side which they would like incised. I hasten to add that it is only due to the extreme nature of the situation I have become such a thorn. Normally I am not prone to such action, and prefer to stay out of the limelight.

For the record I flew with an examiner within the last month, an instructor for differences training within the last week, and another examiner to renew my multi rating around Christmas time, before I went to Unique Air. Prior to that I renewed my IR about October last year, so again my logbook was scrutinised. I reckon therefore, my log book must be pretty accurate! In any event, it hasn't got very many hours in it, so unless I have been taking them off, I can't see what their claim is! Sadly it does not surprise me.

Reading here I get the impression some posts are missing, can someone PM me the full story?

Thanks once again for the many words of support, it is much appreciated, and I am sure other former pilots at Unique will feel similarly encouraged, and similarly grateful.

Phil Brockwell
9th Jul 2007, 06:50
I want to point out that without the Pilots who have been flying these flights helping out with some dates, times and procedures etc this will be a hard one to get to prosecution. Rest assured there will be a certain amount of wrist slapping from the Feds. I am predicting that the CAA will take very seriously any claims that the aircraft was covered by an AOC if anyone has this in writing it would be an extremely useful document. From our broker chums any comercial offers to you or your clients stating operational control and mentioning some money changing hands, whether it be hourly rate or charter costs.
I only have proof of one flight at this stage, but am assured tere are more.

I know the pilots have signed a confdentiality clause and to that end sending stuff to me would leave you open. I will get an email address for the CAA Investigations Unit. There is no chance of upholding a confidentiality agreement if it is broken in the process of reporting a crime. It is impossible to contract a criminal act [FACT].

My personal goals from this are twofold. Removal of one competitor who refuses to play on a level playing field. Ceasing the operations of a company untouched by any regulatory safety body.

As we all kow, there are many people operating aircraft on the hooky charter market, go to any race meeting. However, they do not claim to have bona fide license to operate safely or take on pilots without paying them.

Phil

Phil Brockwell
9th Jul 2007, 11:04
I have been copied a document originally sent by MS clearly stating that the aircraft is operating under an AOC. Are we missing something here? Is the aircraft actually on an AOC? If so, this has a completely different spin.

mikehammer
9th Jul 2007, 11:59
My experience is that they are good at stating things like the aircraft is on an AOC, but not at backing these statements up with documentation.

Earlier it was stated that AOC documentation needs to be carried in the aircraft. When I flew there was no such documentation, and we were told the reason was that flights were non revenue pending AOC approval. As I mentioned earlier we were very concerned about this, and checked the situation with the CAA, anonymously. I don't even think that at that stage they had applied for an AOC. I don't know if this has been done now. I mean without one where can they go as a commercial entity?

carbonfibre
9th Jul 2007, 15:08
18/8/06
Swansea - cranfield - stanstead - liverpool - swansea
Passengers picked up from stanstead at Harrods FBO and flown to LPL
There will be tower logs. Be hard to get a non-revenue flight out of those landing fees and fuel etc
Offers of reward for flying were made, that also included some dodgy low level flying offers of aerial photography, over a temporary no fly zone (which I refused actually). Somehow I get the feeling i will be an unsuitable pilot like MH
Mikehammer, maybe we should compare notes
PM me
:ok:
ps - I never signed any confidentiallity agreements either

Propsync
9th Jul 2007, 15:11
So have they got one or hav'nt they? What position does that put they're pilots in ? ......anyone? :ugh:

mikehammer
9th Jul 2007, 15:49
Carbonfibre

I have just been taking stock of the date of that flight you posted. It sounds like Davies has been at this for longer than I realised. When I joined we were told we were the first pilots with many to come, but that was on March 12 2007. What aircraft was it back then, as the Baron arrived shortly before Unique found me "unsuitable" and before it arrived there was no aircraft?

While we're on the subject of unsuitability perhaps Davies can explain something which I have just remembered. About six weeks in to the job he had me sit in on interviews for new pilots. It was highly embarrassing as his parents led the proceedings and talked liberally about the "fleet". Also the candidates were often far more experienced pilots than me, at the time I thought I had better be civil to them in case they ended up being my boss! If I was unsuitable why have me introduced as the "Assistant General Manager" (:\:\) to make it sound good? Come on Mark give us an answer - we all need a laugh.

PM on its way, Carbonfibre.

carbonfibre
9th Jul 2007, 16:32
PM's on way back to you, yes date is correct pics on my phone, plane was N reg seneca went to CFD to look at C340 pic also on phone.
Chin up everyone dont let the F:mad:k get you down no one will work with him eventually, well prison guards might :D

adverse-bump
9th Jul 2007, 18:13
When i last spoke to MD, he told me they had a European AOC??? this was in april, i still have an email somewhere with him offering me a job around that time once this AOC had been finalised.
I recall at the interview, in july 06? (date may be wrong) in Cardiff, he was talking about flights he had done to Barton, with the "owner" of the airfield on board, he spoke proudley of landing the AC at barton as it was such a short runway for his (N reg) seneca...!

Hopefully no one will get hurt by this lot.

EDIT: they also seem to have been removed from PPJN! - proof if ever there was some that they dont have a AOC!

carbonfibre
9th Jul 2007, 18:43
Told the same story to me. I smell the exhaust fumes of flying pigs

oink oink:p

No Country Members
9th Jul 2007, 20:07
I reckon they are going to love his stories in the prison canteen. He's gonna be a very popular boy indeed.

Life's a Beech
9th Jul 2007, 20:44
Seneca into Barton? 621m of grass is really suspect for public transport standards. I am pretty sure a Seneca can physically manage to do that, but with public-transport safety factors? I seriously doubt it.

antandbee
9th Jul 2007, 21:36
I wish these two clowns would just GO AWAY. They know nothing about aviation, the rules, the business in general or how to behave. They have really messed up a lot of people who have been taken in by them. It's a con, bull***t - call it what you like. DO NOT GO NEAR.

carbonfibre
10th Jul 2007, 07:51
Well hopefully enough people will be on the lookout for this guy from now on. Hmmm compare to a clown, im not so sure clowns are funny and generally liked;)

2old2dieyoung
10th Jul 2007, 08:31
Asking around there seems to be a trail of devastation and very upset people going back some way. If they had put half the effort into doing it right rather than doing what thay have done, would of been there already!

Good idea for them now would be to pay their bills, then pack up shop (quietly) and move along and leave aviation to the professionals that know how to do it safley ! :=

Phil Brockwell
12th Jul 2007, 13:42
Please do not discourage people like these from setting up, I will have nowhere to buy cheap aircraft from when the liquidators turn up.

2old2dieyoung
12th Jul 2007, 15:54
Would take a very close look at the Tech Logs if you did mate ! :eek:

carbonfibre
12th Jul 2007, 22:26
As long as you dont take a Ex777 pilot to fly them you'll be ok :p or was it a different plane, smelling the exhaust fumes of of pigs again :ok:

2old2dieyoung
16th Jul 2007, 13:19
Things gone mighty quiet here, anyone know whats going on? , and whats withs posts being retracted? Something happened?

carbonfibre
16th Jul 2007, 16:36
:ok:Legal action, hmmm cant sue you for telling the truth, maybe we should let him go to court im sure there would be a few people with outstanding pay owed that would welcome that date.

Say again s l o w l y
16th Jul 2007, 16:51
If anyone is owed wages, then take te company to small claims court. It's not exactly expensive to do so.

carbonfibre
16th Jul 2007, 17:12
Maybe the thread topic is that people have an idea that his entire operation has not been on the legal side, (an assumption) so hence I would assume they may be reluctant.

However the people that joined in March have not been so maybe they should:p On the other hand maybe all ex-unique should club together and go for it;)

Either way its good to keep up the profile of such a corrupt individual for those who have given all to get a job to only have more pain and agony put upon them in the post CPL/IR euphoria

2old2dieyoung
17th Jul 2007, 13:42
Would be very interested to hear the official line on this one!.
Have heard so little from them in defence......apart from that highley suspect response from "I'm Here" a few pages back.
If the ex/current-Unique pilots resemble anything like my experiences, post ME/IR euphoria is short lived due to the debt you tend to carry around with you after training. I suspect they are not in a financial position to bring legal action without help. Hence this company may be praying on these guys. Any no win - no fee Lawyers read this? ..there could be some work for you ! :ok:

SmilingKnifed
17th Jul 2007, 20:58
There's also an excellent barrister at Swansea who flies a Yak-52. Nice bloke too:ok:

Propsync
20th Jul 2007, 16:44
Greetings all, Just got back, looks like cone is sillent? Has anything come to pass of note with this lot?

Or is this where it pitters out? :confused:

Phil Brockwell
20th Jul 2007, 16:49
http://www.bestaviation.net/jobs/unique-air/

Something must be coming?

Foxy Loxy
20th Jul 2007, 17:03
Unless another floor has been inserted at Swansea, the 2nd floor (which is given as their address) is actually the visual control room.....

Foxy

carbonfibre
20th Jul 2007, 17:04
Is this Unique air serious!!!!!

the only thing unique about them is :mad::mad::mad::mad: and :mad: with so much:mad::mad: aviation gets a bad name

:p

Propsync
20th Jul 2007, 17:05
Goodness gracious! Thats interesting! Has there been some dreadfull mis-understanding and break down in communication?

Does ths mean that all AOC and other legal requirements have been satisfied and neccesary procedures and departments implemented? Not to mention all outstanding debts to staff/pilots and other interested agencies have been settled?

I shall continue to monitor with great interest ;)

Say again s l o w l y
20th Jul 2007, 17:09
That ad has been around for a while.

carbonfibre
20th Jul 2007, 17:12
Everything legal ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha nice one propsync and foxy inserted on the 2nd floor theres only 1 thing needs inserting there a certain :mad:

:eek:;):ok::=

Keep his name in headlights for the unsuspecting

carbonfibre
20th Jul 2007, 17:24
Maybe we should all have a Unique air "GATBASH" , reckon that could be fun, ex employees new and old

:D

SmilingKnifed
20th Jul 2007, 17:51
As one of the older ones, I'd be very keen to have a pint with a few folks!:ok:

Propsync
20th Jul 2007, 17:56
How many of you are there out there? ? ? :ooh: I thought this was just a couple of pilots, and quite recent, how long has this been going on ????

cessnakke
20th Jul 2007, 19:05
Drink sounds good

Foxy Loxy
20th Jul 2007, 19:09
I know a great couple of pubs close by!
Foxy

LB1985
20th Jul 2007, 19:11
Lots of companies listed on the Companies House website whose names start in 'Unique Air'. Wonder if they're all part of this strange set-up? UNIQUE AIR TRAVELS LIMITED, UNIQUE AIR G-WWIZ (UK) LTD, UNIQUE AIR INTERNATIONAL LIMITED to name just a few!

Propsync
20th Jul 2007, 19:21
Is it just me? Or am I beginning to see a pattern here? Employ people, sucker them along for as long as you can , find an excuse to get rid of them, change company name, start again.

Ah the oldest trick in the book ! or am I just an old cynic? :rolleyes:

Has been indicated at least 12 pilots been through this.... so far. Any more out there?

Sounds like it could be a good night at that pub! :ok:

USE THE RUDDERS
20th Jul 2007, 19:49
Count me in for a reunion !!! Good chance to swap stories and various tells of MD's BullS**t

Foxy Loxy
20th Jul 2007, 20:02
I am pleased to report that I know one of the pilots concerned has been offered a job elsewhere.

Fingers crossed for the rest of you!:ok:

Foxy

charterguy
21st Jul 2007, 01:43
Quite astounding, you guys work for nothing for months and I am struggling to find suitably houred Seneca drivers.

Hi Phil

Has nobody told you yet that you have to pay people to fly the PA34 ?
Ever tried an EFATO in a PA34 with 3 pax on board ? Good luck.

My advice would be to make the PA31 the smallest ship in your fleet and you would have no problem attracting crew.

Why are you guys messing around with Senecas anyway ? PA34 = milkshake on wings. It was designed to be a single, not a twin.

I once had a PA34, did 50 hours in it, ended up in some wx, then swapped it immediately for a PA31 !!! PA31s are museum pieces, but at least they are built to withstand the sort of wx we are getting these days.

Happy flying.
Regards
CG

Life's a Beech
21st Jul 2007, 04:04
I dunno. I've been through a thunderstorm in a Seneca without a problem. Come to think of it I've managed thick (circa 2 inch on unprotected surfaces) ice as well, also approaches to minima and an engine all but failed. Doesn't get much worse than that lot.

Don't get me wrong, I like flying the Navajo, and now only fly Pipers training other pilots, but the PA-34 still has a role in the charter market. Unlike Unique Air.

Try an EFATO in a PA-32 with 3 pax on board. That is how you have to think of a PA-34 at some stages of flight, but if you do it's perfectly safe.

P.S. Phil - did you know that Wikipedia uses one of your aircraft as the main photo in its Seneca article?

carbonfibre
21st Jul 2007, 06:57
Hey im up for the bash if everyone is, do you think Swansea be a good venue then, think we should invite MD :ugh:

SmilingKnifed
21st Jul 2007, 10:00
Nah, I doubt he could afford to buy a round:E

carbonfibre
21st Jul 2007, 10:53
Im sure we could muster up enough money for a round or two, three, four, five................:)

Phil Brockwell
21st Jul 2007, 15:41
Re: Wilipedia, so they do, G-ELIS and G-FILE are on the page.

RE PA34 suitability - We haven't put a passenger in one for 6 months, ours just do freight contracts now. Obviously I don't fly, so have no idea what they fly like. I just count the beans and let me tell you each one generates enough GP to pay itself off every year, find me another type with that sort of stats.

Phil

mikehammer
21st Jul 2007, 19:04
Been away on a trip, but back now to say I'm in for the beers if anything is arranged yet?

Eilene-Dover
22nd Jul 2007, 18:40
All those who have been f***d over by Unique Air/MD say "I"

"I"

Perhaps we should all meet share horror stories!

Life's a Beech
22nd Jul 2007, 21:55
Phil

Actually the PA34 flies quite nicely. It's a great workhorse for the small jobs, and the pilots like it, myself included. I reckon your figures are right from the point of view of the operator too.

Propsync
22nd Jul 2007, 23:25
On behalf of the confirmed pilots that have furnished me with thier experiences reference this company and MD.

I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, ...15 thus far !! any more? any legal operators need pilots?

Looks like an untapped resourse hear. Will be happy to act as go between for these poor guys. Think they could use a little help. :ok:

Phil Brockwell
23rd Jul 2007, 04:07
15, are you serious. Has he really employed 15 pilots?

carbonfibre
23rd Jul 2007, 04:39
Well on the e-mail i got with the contract offer there are 12 other names on the circulation, that was in March this does not include anyone else who may have worked for him from which i gather at least 2 more before i did.

Phil Brockwell
23rd Jul 2007, 04:45
So, the Industry norm is 1.5 crews per airframe, why has he employed air crew for 10 aircraft? Even if the grand plans do turn up in the form of a couple of Kingairs (it is Kingairs this week isn't it?), why would anyone set up with an unsustainable overhead before the ability to deliver any product?

Surely the whole rationale behind the ilegal flights is to get some clients and revenue to fund the "going legit" process.

I'm obviously far too stupid to understand why this is smart.

Phil

mikehammer
23rd Jul 2007, 08:07
Phil,

I honestly think that he managed to convince himself about a number of things:
1. That he was a suitable postholder for an AOC.
2. That an AOC was a foregone conclusion and would be approved (and that he'd get the money for the application fees from somewhere).
3. That the investors would back him up to the tune of millions of dollars (to be fair he had the crew convinced of this too). To this end the investor produced a document relating to monies held in a Dutch bank in the name of the (then) holding company. It DID seem plausible at the time.
4. That pending the AOC he would take delivery of several aircraft from the Baron through C340 to a CJ2. These would require crewing, and he thought he could just operate regardless of AOC approval, and get away with it.
5. That pilots would do as he said and hang off his every word regardless of safety or the law.

I suspect he is still convinced of a number of these facts, and that the reality will never touch him.

My own opinion is that the investor has realised that he is not suitable as postholder, or business manager, that a lot of the claims were fabricated, and is unlikely now to back him even if (and it seems a big 'if') the investor had the money he claimed.

In the meantime I have heard that he is now propagating the rumour that he is a benevolent being who only did all this to create jobs for low hours pilots, and that we have all stabbed him in the back.

Question is, does anybody believe him anymore?

Propsync
23rd Jul 2007, 08:52
It's hard to believe, even if there was "sour grapes" by a percentage, so many pilots that all have had similer stories to tell ? Does this guy live in the real world?

I am curious to this mans credentials. I assume he has some kind of aviation background? Has he worked previousley for any other operaters? If so, who? and in what capacity?

carbonfibre
23rd Jul 2007, 10:06
I think there was a link back on another thread once that showed him as a 777 pilot? if i remember correctly, which was thrown about in banter on here, don't think thats true either, although he did have a newspaper article to say that in some Welsh start up business post

Compulsive liar comes to mind, still on for meet up guys maybe we can start our own employment roadshow too, just don't put ex unique on your CV

SmilingKnifed
23rd Jul 2007, 10:47
Chai Ja, do share the gossip as I've heard this rumour before. He certainly doesn't know one end of an aircraft from another!

As for beers, where's a convenient place to meet up? I'm in Nottingham if that's central enough for people?

Phil Brockwell
23rd Jul 2007, 11:54
This is interesting.

http://www.airscript.co.uk/news.html

P

mikehammer
23rd Jul 2007, 11:55
Flying credentials

I think there was a link back on another thread once that showed him as a 777 pilot? if i remember correctly, which was thrown about in banter on here, don't think thats true either, although he did have a newspaper article to say that in some Welsh start up business post

Extract from Business @ Bridgend magazine July 2006 issue:

"The company, Unique Air was started with the help of the
Bridgend branch of Business in Focus, an organisation dedicated
to helping businesses in Wales grow, by former Air
Continental Boeing 777 pilot Mark Davies. Mark lived in
Florida and worked for a leading American airline for seven
years before deciding it was time to return home to Bridgend.
Unique Air which officially started in November 05, operates a
4 seater club class Piper Seneca, flown by Mark Davies with a
range of 1000 miles non-stop.
They can also upon request provide a range of aircraft including
Lear jets. The company was originally formed for business
travellers and can count several members of the horse racing
fraternity, Welsh celebrities and successful business people
amongst its growing list of regular customers.
Unique Air has also attracted a number of customers that use
their service to visit family, holiday destinations or long weekend
breaks. With the cessation of Air Wales passenger service,
this is a market that Unique Air is planning to cater for by
introducing regular charter services with the cost of the flight
divided equally between the passengers.
Mark Davies said, "I felt that there was a unique opportunity in
Wales for a personal short haul air service. If you take for
example travelling to North Wales, there are no scheduled
internal flights going from South Wales to North Wales, and it
can take five hours by car. I can get you there in just 30 minutes.
With our flexible service we can pick you up in an airfield
of your choice and take you to an airfield as close to your destination
as possible".
Unique Air regularly flies to Shannon, Wexford, Newcastle,
Manchester, Blackpool and Jersey. The company can arrange a
flight to virtually any short haul destination. Business partner
and Mark’s fiancée Claire Bartlett is in charge of the sales and
marketing of the company. She expects that they will exceed
their target annual turn over of £100, 000 in their first full year
of operating.
For further information please either access www.unique-air.co.uk (http://www.unique-air.co.uk) or call 01656 788 132."

Propsync
23rd Jul 2007, 12:03
Well, being a pilot does not mean you know how to run an airline, often better to be a bit more removed. Thats what the Chief pilot is for!! I was thinking more of credentials for running the operation as Director?

777 pilot? Really? :D bravo! Who for? Any training captains out there able to verify this claim ?

More importantley , is there any positions out there for the unlucky few that got caught up in this nightmare? Would another firm reject applications from these guys (and girls?) due to association with Unique Air ?

Phil, that really is interesting!!!!

Phil Brockwell
23rd Jul 2007, 12:28
I see yet another flavour of Unique Air, this time Unique Air International Ltd was incorporated on 9th July. Same address as UNIQUE AIR G-WWIZ (UK) LTD, too much of a concidence to be of no association.

My guess is that this will be the holding company for the new "largest Cessna Citation operator in Europe "

Phil

mikehammer
23rd Jul 2007, 12:51
Or I wonder if a company ever dissolved and re-named itself in order to break links with past debt? Unique Air International is, as you rightly say, the same entity. We were emailed to say that despite the name change our terms and conditions remained the same ie unpaid and bullied!

Phil Brockwell
23rd Jul 2007, 12:55
From what I can see it is not a name change but a new legal entity, the original company still exists, but has had a name change to Unique Eminem or something like that.

Gangsta wicked innit etc etc etc dontchano

carbonfibre
23rd Jul 2007, 13:02
In shropshire, Notts not far for me!!:p

Propsync
23rd Jul 2007, 13:25
Phil .....LMAO!!!!!!! :D

mikehammer
23rd Jul 2007, 13:28
Phil can we have that in Welsh too?

Foxy Loxy
23rd Jul 2007, 13:45
Hi mike :D:D:D

From the internet - Gangsta 'n anfad innit etc etc etc dontchano.

Bit pants really! :rolleyes:

Foxy

mikehammer
23rd Jul 2007, 14:02
Quality!

Perhaps the next intention is a holding company for a new record label to launch Welsh rap wannabes who can't get a contract elsewhere due to their low clubland experience. Doubtless there'll be VIP transport, free hotel accommodation, promises of stardom, interviews with Tom Jones and Charlotte Church adding their commentry. Inevitably it'll end in tears with new punk combo Swansea Sex Pistols providing cover versions of EMI (nem) and I Did it My Way.

Foxy Loxy
23rd Jul 2007, 14:09
Mike, time for you to return to planet Earth now.... though to be fair, all the time I spent at Swansea, I never felt it really was on the same planet.

Nice scenery, some great pubs and grub certainly, but there's definitely some kind of aviation jinx at work there!

Foxy

mikehammer
24th Jul 2007, 16:30
Anybody get paid yet?

MD sent me a text some weeks ago saying that the money to pay up came to him that day, but he'd take it to court before paying me. I'm in the process of instigating those proceedings, but this won't be of any surprise to him.

Any news on the Baron - is it still on the ground at Swansea?

I wonder if he did have the money to pay out, as he claimed?

Actually that's rubbish, I don't wonder at all!

carbonfibre
24th Jul 2007, 16:52
MH

Maybe we should go to small claims court, I can afford it, maybe we should see if those deep pockets and short arms of the hooters man can stretch to that anyway, I mean its about £50 a letter only these days from his solicitor, could tie him up for a while when he should be concentrating on Bull:mad: airways.

Eilene-Dover
24th Jul 2007, 17:34
If anybody requires the registered company address for legal action against Unique Air then private message me.

It's joint owned by MD and his Dad over in Bridgend.

I'd possibly address it to his Dad just so he is aware of what his son is up to!!!!!!

Cheers.

carbonfibre
24th Jul 2007, 18:21
I answered with a suitable reply, I will post on here if he does, how unscrupulous, I have heard it all now, like i said earlier in posts 18th august 2006, happy to prove the flight if required
So just to summarise all, I was not employed, but offered pay for that day, hmm ok then a back-hander (which was never paid) then that would be a tax dodge im guessing. Also offered as previousy stated to do some dodgy low level flying over a temp restricted area.
Hope this clears matters guys, and MD, im not jumping band wagon, merely stating the facts you are an :mad:, the band wagon is rolling to protect the hard working people of flying
Lets go for the small claims guys :ok:
WITHOUT PREJUDICE
Paul,
I believe that you didn't at any time work for Unique Air (uk)ltd, however you did use the company as an excuse for you infidelity with other airline cabin crew members, it appears on the rumour network that you insinuate that you were an employee which is incorrect, it is agreed you had an offer of employment which you did not proceed with. may we sagest that any future posts are clearly stated that you are not and have not been an employee, you just want to jump on the band wagon.
Rgds
Unique
Unique Air (M+M) Ltd
Tel +44(0)1792 297914
Fax +44(0)1792 280846
Mobile +44(0)7723619030 (24hr)
E-mail [email protected]

mikehammer
24th Jul 2007, 18:25
When I met his parents it seemed that they had invested a large sum of their own money in the company, I suspect it was to do with the purchase of the N reg Seneca. I wonder if they'll ever get it back.

They seemed very surprised some time ago when I told them that we had not been paid. I'd be interested to know what they have now been told.

They must be worried.

carbonfibre
24th Jul 2007, 18:32
Hey just had a txt message too says
Paul unique and its partners will :mad: me and go balls out to ruin u, its not MD anymore its big players MD is just there for the short term. A Friend

Jeez with friends like that who needs enemies huh, well least I can pass onto the police , this guy has no idea, well least I have that they can have a look and see who the big guys are probably MD, can you see me quaking :p

mikehammer
24th Jul 2007, 18:38
Carbonfibre
Davies really is unbelievable, although I am not at all surprised that you received that letter. As we are clearly into the territory of letters this is what you get when you are working for them full time, like I was supposed to be:

Gentlemen,

For the avoidance of any doubt, the airline MD is Mark Davies

THe decision to allow a charter of the aircraft when and where is HIS and HIS alone.

As a Pilot, you have clear duties and the main reason that you can choose NOT to fly is on safety grounds. NO OTHER.

As a company, we will not allow any employee to dictate terms of flying nor attempting to challenge the authority of the Management.

If this is not clear, or if you wish to join a company run by committee, then your resignation wil be accepted with immediate effect.

Mark Sedgley

Mark Sedgely was the chap who claimed at the time to represent the investor. Davies subsequently sent me a threatening text message (which of course I kept for posterity) telling me I was playing with the big boys and they would destroy me. Apparently Sedgely and Co must be big boys.

I should add that we were sent this letter after we questioned the legality of the flight, the currency of the charts (they were far from current, but Davies wanted us to fly on them anyway) and other things like insurance of the aircraft etc.

carbonfibre
24th Jul 2007, 18:42
Maybe we should just go to the CAA, this is obviously very poor show, think what happens if someone does have an accident, the PIC has the responsibility to fly with current maps etc and to check legality of insurance, hmm remember hale and pace "by order of the Management"

ps. thanks for that name very useful:ok:

mikehammer
24th Jul 2007, 18:51
I'd be very surprised indeed if the CAA are not looking very closely at the organisation already, but I would think your evidence would be extremely interesting to their Enforcement Section. Get in touch if you want the details of the chap I spoke to at the CAA when I was worried about the operation.

If it's names you want, other names Davies dropped were Frank Harding and even Alan Sugar. I didn't believe the last one, and I have never heard of the first, not, at least until he mentioned it.

hello144
24th Jul 2007, 18:58
Re: hi
Who the **** are you to question me, I cant be bothered to waste my time, I will have the last laugh, he that laughs last laughs longest, just remember that 1, I guess you saw the airscript link guess you worked out our aoc is costing 100k guess no1 really knows whtas going on apart from some jumped up **** that knows nothing.

Nice reply off him aswell.:ugh:

carbonfibre
24th Jul 2007, 19:27
So anyway, think that a get together should still be arranged ex employees,people who have been stiffed over and the ones who never were and stiffed over seems a few drinks are in order

All I would ever say is that if he has investors and they are serious I would dis associate myself from this man and the company name.

MH I will have that name no probs PM me with it

;)

mikehammer
24th Jul 2007, 19:36
Hello144
Nice post, very eloquent, Mark, almost down to the standard of your text messages. :ugh:

Nobody believes a word you say any more mate. Not even you believe it really do you? I mean really?

Ps the Airscript link was from 2006, when you and others thought you were on to something. By the way last you spoke of the AOC it was £50k. Is it think of a number time again?!!

No Country Members
24th Jul 2007, 19:46
Who the **** are you to question me, I cant be bothered to waste my time, I will have the last laugh, he that laughs last laughs longest

It sounds like someone touched a nerve with Davies and Co!

mikehammer
24th Jul 2007, 20:19
What happened to "Im here", haven't had any posts from him for a while, or has he done a Reggie Perrin off Swansea marina?

Or are we expected to believe Hello144 is not him, right down to the spelling?

Eilene-Dover
24th Jul 2007, 20:26
I just had an abusive email from i'm here.

Fear not, MD is still alive and well..........

mikehammer
24th Jul 2007, 20:37
Abusive? What did he say? As somebody said earlier, someone really rattled his cage then! :D

Eilene-Dover
24th Jul 2007, 20:37
and another one.

keep em coming Mark.

mikehammer
24th Jul 2007, 20:39
I feel left out! He never emails me any more! Thank God.

Eilene-Dover
24th Jul 2007, 20:45
I think he might be "tamping"

MD's word for angry/frustrated.

Anway, hands up who's taking him to court?

I'd love to see him arguing with a barrister/prosecution in a Crown Court.

HEhehehehehe

Phil Brockwell
24th Jul 2007, 21:37
Poor little Bu%&er must be worried as the only person stupid enough to sign up as a Director. Do you think he is just a patsy for the "real" money? Obviously if any wrongful trading or trading whilst insolvent could be demonstrated it would be totally his responsibility and would negate any protection he has through limited liabilities therefore making him personally liable for and creditors claims.

Seriously, anyone who wanted to put real money into an aviation venture would, one assumes, choose someone with a bit more of a proven track record than Mark.

Phil

Phil Brockwell
24th Jul 2007, 22:14
I don't understand, how can there be any money if all the flights were just to give poor low houred pilots a helping hand and to save lives of orphans by delivering much needed offal?

SmilingKnifed
24th Jul 2007, 22:16
Guys, seeing as it's now on the open forum, I'm more than happy to supply the contact details for the guy I spoke to at the CAA's compliance unit. They already have names linked (in some cases innocently) to MD, Unique, Sedgley, Baltic Group, Uncle Tom Cobleigh and all.

They're not the only ones taking an interest, believe me (feel free to PM me for details).

Glad I got that off my chest after 9 months.:ok:

Life's a Beech
24th Jul 2007, 22:21
A question came up earlier as to whether an employer would look unfavourably at ex-Unique pilots or not. We have just taken one on (not one who has been posting here) and, having his CV, mikehammer will be on the positive pile when he has a few more hours. I am sure Phil feels similarly. So don't be concerned if you have been taken in by MD.

It's a learning experience, and if you take the right lesson from it then it can be good for you. Doing things the right way is always easier than when you have had to do things the wrong way. That is why the legal operators have to do it this way!

Phil Brockwell
24th Jul 2007, 22:28
I'm just booking Fire and First Aid course for my new employee.

Amazing he hadn't done these already.

Phil

chai ja
24th Jul 2007, 22:39
Does he own a "farm, nightclub and a haulage company"??

carbonfibre
24th Jul 2007, 22:39
I have a part time job flying and for me thats positive, I am relutant to use his name against any flying experience, however as MD has pointed out I never worked for him, slave labour i think is the correct term
So if anyone wants there aircraft transferred for maintenance, ferrying etc there are a few of us oldies out here would love to do it, and theres a lot of us just on this thread :ok:

davidathomas42
24th Jul 2007, 22:43
Any of you guys ever used the faa.gov airman search registar? you can look up everyone how has a FAA license and what type ratings they have! it even shows up 777 ratings! did a search for a guy mentioned on this forum and guess what! no rating! lol,, in fact i think i remember he only got his FAA CPL in about febuary/march 2005, supprised a 777 captain does not have one already, would be hard to fly without.

my user name makes is obvious who i am and i am not getting involved further in this for legal reasons. but i can confirm that a certain individual is compleatly full of it because i lived and trained at the same flight school for over 2years and now it for sure.

carbonfibre
24th Jul 2007, 22:46
but i can confirm that a certain individual is compleatly full of it

We can confirm that bit!........... as for the 777 rating I dont think anyone really thought he had one,maybe some professional help is required?:ugh:

Oh yeah its a farm hes got where else you think all that bull:mad: comes from

Phil Brockwell
24th Jul 2007, 22:53
Have you seen the house the "other partner" has, if you have his postcode stick it in Google Earth, theres a few pilots wages gone into paying for that place....

hello144
25th Jul 2007, 07:56
Re: hi
lets be honest do I give a **** its a rumor network, its all **** go get a job or something or try a dating site get a life.

- Thats funny many of the pilots did leave there jobs and now they have to find another job because fo you :mad:. Any answer to that?:mad:

mikehammer
25th Jul 2007, 08:00
Sincere thanks to Phil and Life's a Beech once again for words of support.

Good luck to the pilots in their new proper jobs.

No Country Members
25th Jul 2007, 08:46
Any of you guys ever used the faa.gov airman search registar? you can look up everyone how has a FAA license and what type ratings they have! it even shows up 777 ratings!

You are right, no 777 rating, I checked where you suggested, medical seems to be expired as well, although he may no longer be flying commercially:

"FAA Registry
Name Inquiry Results

MARK JOHN DAVIES

Address
Street THE COTTAGE NEW INN ROAD EWENNY BRIDGENDCity SOUTH WALESState County Zip Code CF355AA Country UNITED KINGDOM

Medical
Medical Class: FirstMedical Date: 12/2005
MUST WEAR CORRECTIVE LENSES.

Certificates
1 of 2
12 (https://amsrvs.registry.faa.gov/airmeninquiry/Detail.aspx?uniqid=A4409421&ood=2&certNum=2)
DOI:1/13/2005Certificate:COMMERCIAL PILOT
Rating(s):COMMERCIAL PILOT
AIRPLANE MULTIENGINE LAND INSTRUMENT AIRPLANE

"
Certificates
2 of 2
1 (https://amsrvs.registry.faa.gov/airmeninquiry/Detail.aspx?uniqid=A4409421&ood=1&certNum=1)2

DOI:11/29/2004Certificate:PRIVATE PILOT (FOREIGN BASED)
Rating(s):PRIVATE PILOT (Foreign Based)
AIRPLANE SINGLE ENGINE LAND INSTRUMENT AIRPLANE

Limits

ISSUED ON BASIS OF AND VALID ONLY WHEN ACCOMPANIED BY UNITED KINGDOM PILOT LICENSE NUMBER(S) UK/PP/424981K/A .ALL LIMITATIONS AND RESTRICTIONS ON THE UNITED KINGDOM PILOT LICENSE APPLY.INSTRUMENT AIRPLANE U.S. TEST PASSED.

SmilingKnifed
25th Jul 2007, 13:20
My latest correspondence from MD.

Jim,
be carefull

Sorry mate, you don't scare me in the slightest.

No Country Members
25th Jul 2007, 13:49
From the look of this thread I'd say he should be the one who is worried - there seem to be a lot of angry people on here!

newcomer
25th Jul 2007, 13:59
The angry people arent just on here, Unique Air has the worst name in the whole industry now and everyone is very eager to get the dirt on them. I just wish i told them what i thought of Pprune during my interview. Because what you read on here is very important and should be taken into consideration at times. Cause if I read the post on PPrune 4 months ago i would have never been in this mess. Its actually great to finally work with some very professional people in this country, thank Lifes a Beech. The 404 is a great machine but aint a Beech.

Life's a Beech
28th Jul 2007, 00:03
Haha, the Beech was just when I was considering a type rating. Might still do it sometime. Glad to work with you!

No Country Members
1st Aug 2007, 04:56
Just picked up this private message from Im Here:

[/URL][URL="http://www.pprune.org/forums/member.php?u=151151"]im here (http://www.pprune.org/forums/member.php?u=151151)
Instead of being 'just another number' I could order a (http://www.pprune.org/forums/member.php?u=151151)Personal Title (http://www.pprune.org/ptorder/ptorder.htm) and help support PPRuNe

Re: a
If you look at the posts its 2 maybe 3 ex employee's out of 18 crew thats the only posts, I'm sure MD would be interested in giving you a job or at least talking to you, I can assure you all his new aircraft are on an A.O.C and his is about 2 mths away, some of the other posts are center line and dragon fly,..........the company is going to be a major player and I know for a fact as a manager put in by the group not MD that there has been a purchase of 1 helicopter company and in final talks with 2 major charter operators, so lets just say there will be a few unhappy pilots around, if you want a position within the company send an email, or contact MD direct the contact details have been posted
Rgds
John
(http://www.pprune.org/forums/member.php?u=151151)

Who's John, and what backs up his claims? Incidentally I replied to the effect that I'd want further details of why so many pilots seem to be aggrieved if it was the small problem he claims, but he has not answered, so I can only assume the claim is false now can't I? Who are these 18 crew, and are they happy?

Propsync
1st Aug 2007, 07:55
Well, according to airport authorities the Unique office has been closed and everything has been moved to a private address, and the baron has been stuck as it were on the ground. I have no idea what this means tho dought it is a good sign. Anybody know whats happened?

Has anybody seen a paycheck yet? Or heard any official line from MD or investors?

SmilingKnifed
1st Aug 2007, 10:09
I'm told by other airport users that the Baron is blocked in with vehicles following a cheque for fuel being bounced by MD. Their concern is that he will try to take G-WIZZ somewhere.

Wonder what G-WIZZ's owner makes of it?

mikehammer
1st Aug 2007, 10:40
No pay cheque, not heard a thing, didn't expect to hear either.

hello144
1st Aug 2007, 16:24
Cant wait to take you to court MD. I hope you get my letters soon.

Propsync
2nd Aug 2007, 06:49
G-WIZZ is not owned by the company?????? Thats interesting! and Uniques registered office has been vacated? So where are the solicitors letters to be sent ? Has companies house been informed? and what pilots are left ? Who's flying the Baron?

SmilingKnifed
2nd Aug 2007, 10:27
I'm under the impression it was leased (same as the Seneca that MD claimed to have written off, which is still flying). I remember the Baron's owner coming to Swansea to demonstrate it. He was a Devon based travel agent if I recall.

G-info should clear that one up.

mikehammer
2nd Aug 2007, 10:33
The correct reg is G-WWIZ, rather than G-WIZZ

pulse1
2nd Aug 2007, 10:53
He was a Devon based travel agent if I recall

Dorset actually! A half share was advertised for sale most of last year. Flew in it a few times, nice machine.

Propsync
3rd Aug 2007, 08:35
recieved this from "Im Here"
rubish
Its A rumour network, we still have the office just moved a few files out to our other office, the baron belongs to us and it was not blocked in the is total rubish its actually having an annual at the moment.

How many offices are there?

Who is doing the annual? and where?

Propsync
3rd Aug 2007, 08:38
While we are on the subject, who flew it and are their licence and medicals up to scratch for aircraft movements in this country?

2old2dieyoung
3rd Aug 2007, 13:28
last I was told by swansea bods was Baron had been hemmed in by trucks to prevent running away after fuel was bought by one of those rubber cheques they seem so fond of giving out .

I can't confirm or deny where it is now, or if it is still there. Anbody else heard anything? Any new aircraft on the horizon? like a fleet of SJ30's per chance??? lol:D

mikehammer
4th Aug 2007, 09:35
rubish
Its A rumour network, we still have the office just moved a few files out to our other office, the baron belongs to us and it was not blocked in the is total rubish its actually having an annual at the moment.

Mark come on, let me assert another rumour: the other office to which you refer is your flat, and you won't have that for much longer if you bounce your rent cheques there too! Hopefully Mum and Dad will still take you in, or have you burned your bridges there too?

First time I heard of an annual inspection being carried out on an apron with the aircraft shrouded by trucks!

If you are the owner of such a successful enterprise why don't you just pay your pilots, employees and others who are owed money, then all these awful "rumours" will be truly unfounded? Simple really.

How's the Ferrari running these days?!!

Got any more roobish to uncover? :rolleyes:

Propsync
4th Aug 2007, 09:54
Was beginning to feel left out! but just in nick of time, recieved this from MD.

Re: rubish
Oh mr prop,
Thats all we needed you have just stated liable which will be taken further you should have checked the real facts, have a nice day.

Must be honest here, this was in response to a personal message from him to me, I was forthright in my opinions of him and operations.

Can private conversations be liabalous then ? lol

But just pleased to be in the " I've been threatened by Unique club " !! Lots of members now I think ? lol

mikehammer
4th Aug 2007, 10:30
Prop. It'll be interesting where the action against you will be issued. Bearing in mind some of us are about to lose our homes, or already have done, I'm not sure where the Unique Air solicitors will write to us! Still you can look forward to your day in court at their expense if it ever came to that, which I doubt very much indeed. Of course, in order to prove your statements you would need to ask a few pertinent questions of the Managing Director, who would have to perjure himself if he claimed the pilots were all paid on time, that the charts were all up to date, and that he himself hasn't been trying to libel us to potential employers.

To be honest I think you are quite safe drawing a line under Unique and walking away. I'm still going to issue proceedings for my wages, and I know a good many others are also. I mean, it's the principle isn't it!

sportflyer
4th Aug 2007, 15:46
THE AIRCRAFT WAS BLOCKED IN WITH THE AIRPORT FIRE ENGINE
AND A TRANSIT VAN ! SHOULD ANY ONE WANT TO SEE THE PHOTOS OF THIS NOT A PROBLEM :ugh:

No Country Members
4th Aug 2007, 16:20
I wouldn't mind seeing the photos, can you post them on here?

Is the aircraft still there on the apron blocked in then, as the director claims otherwise - he says it's having it's maintenance check carried out, there again he seems to have a few conflicting stories here.:confused:

STOL
5th Aug 2007, 23:30
http://img18.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=56429_SP_A0075_122_653lo.jpg
http://img159.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=67982_Unique_Wiz_122_1073lo.JPG

2old2dieyoung
6th Aug 2007, 00:05
Bravo...........:D :ok:

2old2dieyoung
6th Aug 2007, 00:19
Which begs the question, where is g-wwiz now? and how did it get there if still not in sunny Swansea?

carbonfibre
6th Aug 2007, 07:00
Is this still going! Im impressed by the amount of deciept and bull:mad: that one person can create I have to say.
If people require other infomation for there case I have no probs giving what I know, I have been chatting to the CAA regarding previous discussions on here. Just remember If you need to get your money you can go not for just MD but registered directors too:ok:
If not the owner of that G-WWIZ? Is the owner not going to be :mad: off when he wants his plane?
"another one bites the dust"

Phil Brockwell
6th Aug 2007, 07:08
Seeing as the only registered Directors when the non-payment took place were MD and his Dad I think that's a bit unfair, the real money sits with MS (I am led to believe) and he has no legal responsibility.

I can't help thinking that any court action would just bring around the winding up of the original company as they now have established more companies.

If this is the case you will have to prove wrongful trading if you want to go for the directors personally.

Phil

carbonfibre
6th Aug 2007, 09:47
Phil, while I agree on the one hand I'm sure the legal bodies that govern my industry would not allow that as a reason, the directors are there for a reason legally and otherwise.

If the other director(s) have knowledge of what is going on then they are responsible, if not more so, the onus is on them in any court of law to provide the information to dispute or acknowledge the facts.

Best thing for everyone in the flying community is not to have anything to do with this guy full stop and the current climate of feeling towards him should perhaps show people including his father that the guy has no idea how to treat people, run a business legally or otherwise

As I have said before in post CPL/IR euphoria people get taken in and is unfair on them to get into more trouble financially just because there aspirations have outweighed there bank balance while trying to get there career of the ground. We are after all not talking just about a dodgy character who be-littles, threatens and lets be honest tries to intimidate (ha ha ha ha) we are talking about other peoples lives, money, families and from the sounds of it houses. The shoe should be on the other foot for once

Anyway gripe over, happy flying all :ok::D:cool:

mikehammer
7th Aug 2007, 21:15
Here we go, MD aka Im Here is at the private message game again:

Originally Posted by im here
I think "mike" you will find that the other office is not my appartment you have been miss informed on that one, think you may need a new source for your info.

If he learns to speak Welsh, I'll forgive his poor written English.

No Country Members
7th Aug 2007, 21:29
Ah the "Find me if you can" approach. Excellent start to a new enterprise!

I wonder what impression he is trying to create by being so smug about moving his office where nobody can find it, and by constantly changing and registering new companies. In today's highly competitive market the consumer isn't a blind man on a galloping horse, nor is the employee for that matter, as it turns out.

What's the Swansea latest? Is there still a BE58 on the ground?

7th Aug 2007, 21:41
Hello All,
1st post and not connected to any of this, but just though i'd point out the there is a certian BE58 for sale on Controller.com.

http://www.controller.com/listings/detail.aspx?OHID=1122792

And yes, the serial ties up although the sellers name is a little give away....

SmilingKnifed
7th Aug 2007, 22:24
If he learns to speak Welsh, I'll forgive his poor written English.

Which makes a mockery of his claim to have gone to a Welsh speaking boarding school in Brecon. Considering he would have been in the same year there as my brother.:hmm:

A story up there with the 6000 Triple 7 and the Lambo. Sorry for the thread creep, but I'm sure the rest of you have some pearlers as well!

Life's a Beech
8th Aug 2007, 14:50
G-WWIZ is listed as deregistered, as of yesterday. Anyone know why?

8th Aug 2007, 15:18
I have noticed that MD has the baron up for sale, went up 4 days ago on an aircraft sales website.
It's listed as having a fresh annual and prop o/h's done. Don't suppose he's re-registering the aircraft on another register to avoid a lein? They're (or at least used to be) registration dependant.

newcomer
8th Aug 2007, 16:25
De-registeredDe-Reg. Date:07/08/2007Reason:Cancelled by the CAA

Well i guess your going to have to call the CAA if you want a reason why

carbonfibre
9th Aug 2007, 08:18
As I said before go for the other director, the address is readily available and may shake someone into doing something, don't require MD's address, although thats easily obtained to, internet is a wonderful thing

:ok:

rsutt1
9th Aug 2007, 08:58
I can't believe all of this is still going on, surely the CAA should put a stop to this fella!!! He's shocking. Has all been a bit iffy since day one!!

carbonfibre
11th Aug 2007, 20:15
Welcome to Unique's world of employee relations........ maybe there was something in the name of the company everyone is treated uniquely ha ha hahahahahahahaha............. what an idiot, was that slander,oops!!

Propsync
13th Aug 2007, 01:02
So there are no official employees of very Unique Air ? Well stand by.........keep your head well and truly below the parapet. This is not the end, nor the beginning of the end, but it is the end of the beginning. Bet you wish this was Market Garden! Stand by!!!!!!!!!!!!

charterguy
13th Aug 2007, 02:18
This is getting boring now. There are plenty people who wake up in the middle of the night with a big hard-on for aviation. What is really needed is cash, not a hard-on. The sooner Unique's owners understand this, the sooner we are all spared these 'sorry stories'. If they have less than 1 million quid in the bank, I suggest they go and buy a burger van or a condom vending business. After all, we all need to eat and ****.

For all those pilots waiting on Unique Air, stop 'hangin' on a string'. Get on with your lifes. There are plenty jobs out there.

MODS, it's high time to close this thread. This ''Unique" story is beginning to sound an awful lot like 'Alpha-One'.

BRGDS // CG

Life's a Beech
13th Aug 2007, 11:38
If you are bored, go and do something productive.

mikehammer
15th Aug 2007, 11:20
Charterguy, I know that all the previous "employees" are doing just that, getting on with their lives, nobody just sits around and waits for life to happen, we all have to pay the rent! This thread happened to start after all had given up on Unique Air anyway, at first we waited for the investment, then we hoped, then we did everything we could to help from working in the office to working nights on call, and footing our own accommodation bills out of, well, no pay whatsoever. I think the thread was initially started by someone who was thinking of applying for a job. Then there was a deluge from those who have been there and suffered what it does, temporarily, to your life.

I think the reason everyone added to this thread was mainly to warn others about this company. Perhaps you are right, and it has now achieved that. However I think there are still people who look at and subscribe to this site, not all of whom worked at Unique Air, and who are still interested in what MD and his brethren are up to.

He still seems to think he'll get an AOC and become an operator, yet he's been chucked out of his office, had his aircraft blocked in, and now needs to sell it. Despite this the danger is that he'll still think he needs crew, and he knows how to exploit people in this respect. I guess this thread says, above all else: "Warning".

One of the other reasons it keeps going is that MD himself keeps sending private messages to his previous staff, some of which could be construed as threatening. He doesn't seem able to accept that what he did was wrong, and seems to think we have somehow stabbed him in the back, although I fail to see his logic there, similarly I fail to see my wages anywhere! Actually I think that he and his so called partner are quite happy that they shafted us, I think they derived satisfaction from it, and I am quite sure he is able to laugh about how we were stitched up. Most of us have shrugged our shoulders, and, as you suggest, moved on. Nobody believes his lies any more, many of which have been shared here.

Inevitably, however, as there are fewer and fewer things to say about Unique Air, and as most have now had their say, this thread will slip from view in the normal way.

It pleases me that so many have kindly contributed words of support, and that a fiasco such as Unique Air still generates such interest, astonishment and condemnation.

Finally, I suppose if it really bothers you, there is no real need for you to read it, just don't click the link and move on to another topic.

Propsync
16th Aug 2007, 12:58
I would like to say that you have hit the nail squarley on the head with everything you have said. I will " as one of the threatened" continue to monitor the movements of these individuals and keep you informed as any interesting developments. As for you MD, don't think for one moment that I have forgotten about you!

carbonfibre
16th Aug 2007, 17:10
Agree all the way, keep the name in lights!!!!!!!!!!

numb-nuts
16th Aug 2007, 21:06
flying high 1 is the infamous Mr Davies!!!

welcome back Mark.

how's the job centre these days?

Phil Brockwell
16th Aug 2007, 21:37
Ohhhhhhhh please, Unique Group.......well respected in Europe.......welcome back from Chad Mark.

carbonfibre
16th Aug 2007, 22:27
Is it just me or is there something very disturbing about this self illusion and hoping that it's not noticed!!! I would think it would make an interesting case for any CAA medical staff

Unique group, well i guess you could say that didnt say want kind of unique though i suspect he means :mad:ssers

carbonfibre
16th Aug 2007, 22:49
Bit touchy arnt we, my job pays better than your by the sounds of it, besides have flying job too, good bloke too maybe you could take a few hints, or maybe try some CRM courses, they work wonders for people with anger problems and disorders of the bull:mad: kind ha ha hahahaha!!

Oh Yeah thats Carbon not carban you dumb :mad:

Happy flying :p

mikehammer
16th Aug 2007, 22:58
Hey mr carban do me a favor and f*** off back to your factory job

This from the former managing director of Unique Air to someone who flew for him. No further comment required.

Anybody else want to work for them?

No Country Members
16th Aug 2007, 23:09
Mike Hammer

Thanks for the warning, which proved to be correct. I won't be job hunting with MD any more!!! Sorry for you chaps.

NCM

carbonfibre
16th Aug 2007, 23:12
Mark you really should get some help mate, you are and have been a very poor excuse for a human being, resulting in your low jibes nothing else on here has been anything but the truth if you wish to meet me I have no problems whatsoever as stated in your rather nasty e mail s and txts like you keep sending out but do us all a favour like you said stick to aviation, thats what i did, i dont care what you think as its worth about as much as your reputation and im sure you will soon be broke, forgotten and ruined.
Flying is hardly an excuse but a passion, oh im sorry was that the flying passion you got flying the 777, jeez, get some medical help and fast for gods sake, or I can let the medical division know for you seeing as you appear so unstable

Oh yeah Mark please do ring, she will gladly talk to you ha ha hahaha and as you being unhinged, we dont think we have known for ages

Vigin CC huh! hmm i should be so lucky havn't worked my way upto that airline yet
Hey MH hows it going:ok:

carbonfibre
16th Aug 2007, 23:33
All I can say is your unstable,I will meet you and ive never mentioned anything of that sort, I have said the truth, your txts e mails and the like i published, how can you deny this, Ive been under the same name (unlike you), so you say you have my number and all the other crap then ring, im not worried get on with it.
You have an issue with your ego, your lies you have dragged other people down, not paid them, promised them employment,you have just made accusations that they were flying without the correct credentials, which we assume as an employer you checked, so in my factory position as the plant manager we would, what makes you so different.
Any information I have will most certainly end up with the CAA for no reason except to protect the general people who would either A. be fooled by you and do something illegal B. Keep you in the regualatory authorities sights.
The truth is what people want not unreasond garble, threats and bull:mad: all of which has been shown yet you are the only one that cannot see it, If you wish to furnish me with your personal address I have no problems coming to make a visit should you wish to discuss with me the issues you have.
The more you go on the more people are determined to show you for what you are, you may want to read back on the thread and see who has written what before you start foaming at the mouth and of course accusing the wrong person.
So heres a few suggestions
1. Get out of aviation
2. Prove everything you have stated
3. Pay the people you owe money too
4. But most of all get some medical help :ok:

carbonfibre
17th Aug 2007, 14:16
Where are his posts gone, mine dont make sense now!!!!:ugh:

J32/41
17th Aug 2007, 14:27
Nothing better than a good laugh on a Friday afternoon and this just does it:
"seems to be a little extreme when you consider in Europe the company is very well respected"
By who exactly? Just give us one registration of any Unique Group Citation's?
:D:=:=

No Country Members
17th Aug 2007, 14:38
Where are his posts gone, mine dont make sense now!!!!

Looks like the managing director thought better of what he said last night in the cold light of day, and withdrew his posts.

One of the things he posted was "I'm off out spending pilots' wages"

Nice.

I got this from him this morning:

N C M
it may come as a shock however we still have cv's every day if you dont want to apply your loss not mine.
Rgds

Somehow I think it would be more like a lucky escape than a loss, which of course I told him in my reply.

mikehammer
17th Aug 2007, 14:45
This a UK Data Ltd company monitor alert - to change your alerts or to unsubscribe please login (http://www.ukdata.com/creditreports/viewMyMonitors.do)UK Data Ltd - Company Monitor Alert - 11 August 2007

The following changes have taken place on the companies we are monitoring for you:
UNIQUE AIR M & M LIMITED

Click here to view company details and filing history (http://www.ukdata.com/companies/05597748.258361)
Report Changes

Click here to buy updated report (http://www.ukdata.com/add-full-report/05597748.258361)10/08/2007 - CCJ event UK Data Ltd - UK and International Credit Reports - Company Formations

Another County Court Judgement to add to the collection!!!:D:D:D

Life's a Beech
17th Aug 2007, 16:33
No country

If you have the right sort of hours send me and Phil a CV. We both have ongoing recruitment! PM me for the email address.

numb-nuts
17th Aug 2007, 18:25
private message from flying high 1 (Mark)

WHAT
What,
I think you will find A) its not and B) I do own other things outside of unique and C) I cant be arsed to answer anything on prune its a waste of time and effort grow the **** up"

--------------
Mmmmm

You seem to contradict yourself Mark.

If you "own other things outside of unique" that means that you do own Unique.

Numb-nuts

pulse1
17th Aug 2007, 19:15
I am not involved in this story at all so tell me to butt out if you like. However, I am extremely curious when I read above that G WWIZ is blocked in at Swansea.

I was talking today with an engineer who has been busy stripping one of its engines down at EGHH! He confirms that the aeroplane has been sold by its long standing owner(s) but he didn't know to whom.

There seems to be a lot which doesn't stack up in this story.

mikehammer
17th Aug 2007, 19:43
Well someone posted pics of G WWIZ actually blocked in, if you look back a little way there's a link to them. No idea where the Baron is now though, apparently it's up for sale, which presents little in the way of surprise.

No Country Members
17th Aug 2007, 23:21
Carbonfibre, here's what MD (or 'Im Here') said yesterday and then deleted, which adds sense to your replies. Thanks to the source for keeping and sending them to me.

Yesterday, 23:43
im here (http://www.pprune.org/forums/member.php?u=151151)
why

Hey numb nuts,
Why the hell would I bother, I make my points under the name above I really cant be arsed with all the crap, as for the job center I have no idea maybe you can tell me, anyway I must go now book my holiday spending pilots wages and all that, (only joking guys its my own money from other businesses) but I will think of you all while I'm on the beach)

Yesterday, 23:45
paul

Hey mr carban do me a favor and f*** off back to your factory job

Yesterday, 23:58
come on

Hey guys,
Do you all want my home phone number my home address my personal mobile number, anything you want because you know what I have nothing to hide what so ever, in return I will post everybody elses info that I have, mobile, email, home adresses, and we can get into all the details, and why some people left why some ppl were flying when the mep ran out in 2003 why some lied about ratings lets post it all, up until now I'm the biggest c**t there is ,however there seems to be a lot of untruths here and an awfull lot of personal attacks where I went to school what car I drive where I live which is nothing to do with aviation. I have ignored it all until you got personal come on guys lets get it on.
M.D

Today, 00:01
Mike

Funny thing is he never did fly he wasnt up to it. Mike I'm not having a go at you, you have a gripe which is fine it's the rest lets jump on the band wagon

Today, 00:04
paul

Mike it's not former get it right, I still am I'm sorry to dissapoint, and paul You are the tosser are you still using flying as an excuse to cheat on your wife or has she left you now,

Today, 00:12
Carbon

Whats up Carbon,
Are you a little worried I may have come unhinged maybe pushed over the edge maybe I may call your wife and let her know where you were when you said you were flying, as she did text me to find out where you were that day, I still have the number and your home number, I'm sure we can have a lovely chat about BA cabin crew virgin cabin crew and anything else she wants to know, you want to make it personal and f**k with my private life then I will do the same.

Rgds

Today, 00:23
Paul.

I am sure we will meet I have no probs with that whats so ever, you started to have personal digs at me not the company just at me, if this is the road you want to go down then so be it I really cant be bothered to spill your personal life on a website, however there seems to be a lot of ppl here including you that do. stick to the thread, stop calling me names stop bitching about cars where I live my school and my personal life and I wont care stop the insults to me not the company, thats a company what ppl say about it is fine , however as a person outside of unique I do have feelings which are getting slammed on here. I'm not unique just apart of it

charterguy
18th Aug 2007, 00:32
As I said before, it is all starting to sound like Alpha One. Just another kid having a wet dream about being the owner of a 'air charter company'. Aviation is very unforgiving of people without money.

Maybe this Unique guy should invest into a small minibus. It's an affordable way to get into 'public transport'.

CG

rsutt1
18th Aug 2007, 06:46
Would LOVE to see these citations are they the one of the new models;
C550 Phantom
or
C550 Dream
or maybe even the new middle eastern version
C550 Phullak Rapp

Life's a Beech
18th Aug 2007, 09:22
Sorry, rsutt. they're the stealth version; at least they were invisible last time I was in Luxembourg!

SmilingKnifed
20th Aug 2007, 10:44
Just got back to this thread after a few days. Priceless, absolutely priceless.

Hope everyone's well. We must all still get out for that beer when I'm back in UK (Nov time I think).:ok:

antandbee
21st Aug 2007, 16:13
Oh God I think I'm going to wet myself laughing - this is so pathetic - does he really think we'll fall for that rubbish..... It is hilarious. Hello, my name is XXX and I am a really happy employee of Unique. For goodness sake.

Rebellious1
21st Aug 2007, 17:56
Now that my legal position has been made clear and proceedings initiated, as a Unique Air employee (whatever that is as my P45 has not yet been returned), I can now at long last have my say and let all know my experiences. I have no reason to give false accusations and invite editors or moderaters to contact me if they require any details, verification or hard proof to back up any of my coming statements.

Without Prejudice.

Watch this space !! :mad:

Say again s l o w l y
21st Aug 2007, 18:16
Rebel1. Just one note of caution, if you are involved inlegal proceedings with Unique, don't say anything on here until it is all finished. Don't say anything as you could prejudice your case against them.

We all want to hear what you have to say, but be careful. If you tell your lawyers you are posting on this site, they'll probably have kittens!

Phil Brockwell
22nd Aug 2007, 10:10
I'm still very confused, Unique seems to have had dozens of staff over the last year, but I still have no idea what everyone did?

SmilingKnifed
22nd Aug 2007, 10:46
Well Phil, I worked in the office whilst waiting for my 'King Air' job. It proved interesting to say the least.

righthandseat1
22nd Aug 2007, 11:35
(Well Phil, I worked in the office whilst waiting for my 'King Air' job. It proved interesting to say the least.)
I have kept out of this thread up until now. But smilingknifed, didn't you just hang around the office because you had nothing better to do didnt unique have to ask you to leave as you were allways there, were you not at some point told you did not have anywhere near enough hours to fly a king air, isnt it you that went to fly the Let 410 for free isnt it you that was involved when the skydivers left Swansea owing massive amounts of money. And before you point the finger I am not MD I just do know some of the things that have gone on, I left due to family reasons, it would be interesting to see just how many people here did work at unique.

Phil Brockwell
22nd Aug 2007, 11:41
But doing what in the office? They have no visible product or realistic aspirations. What did you do all day?

LB1985
22nd Aug 2007, 12:08
Play solitaire? :}

mikehammer
22nd Aug 2007, 12:28
My time in the office was spent answering and fending off calls from people who were expecting chartered helicopters to turn up, one poor chap who had bought MD's Seneca and wanted a VAT receipt, chatting to MD's girlfriend who, probably quite justifiably, used to ring in to find out where he was - just don't mention he has a secretary!! In addition, collating and sorting for the nth time under the latest sets of criteria MD decided to hand down, cvs of prospective employees for all the SJ30 jets we were about to acquire.

Apart from that time was spent variously looking out of the window at OTHER PEOPLE flying, eating, and looking at emails. The phone didn't ring very often, although MD is always very busy working late into the night, calls calls calls, girls girls girls etc etc.

When not in the office we were mainly expected to hang around the cafe of Swansea airport expecting to be invited to important meetings which never materialized. The thing which is sad is that we put up with it for so many weeks, but we really wanted it to work, and with the bank instrument document Sedgely the investor sent us to prove the millions in funding it all did seem a lot more plausible then than it does looking back.

Just call me a mug, I don't mind any more!

righthandseat1
22nd Aug 2007, 12:58
I dont understand things here, information doesnt add up further back some1 said the seneca was leased now some1 is saying it was sold as the buyer was looking for the vat paperwork MH said he didnt do that much now he was full time in the office there seems to be a lot of mixed stories here, unique have never said they have helicopters so where does that come from, seems to be mixed signals here, Im not defending them but diffrent posts give totally diffrent info does anyone really know or is it what they think they know, where is MD to answer

Tailorman
22nd Aug 2007, 21:05
As someone who was involved in an advisory capacity (never been paid) with Unique, perhaps I could shed some light on the myths, stories and other half truths. MD started off with just his father, and then gained a General Manager, who was a former police officer, who joined on the promise of flying, stayed until January 2007 and then returned to his former life. There was another gentleman who helped out as a general assistant before moving on. In February, against the advice of many, MD recruited five pilots, amongst who were some of these threads contributors. As there were no aircraft to fly, they were asked to assist/deputise for MD at various times, and carry out tasks as previously described. A further four pilots joined/left in June/July 2007. There was also for a short while a company chauffeur, with no car and more recently an agency employed secretary. With regard to the Seneca, it was indeed sold, and the new owner is still seeking documentation from that sale. With regard to the mention of a helicopter, it is claimed that an operator with an AOC based just over the border in England had been acquired and will have their one Bell 206LR augmented with an A109 and possibly a Eurocopter.

In my estimate, that makes for one GM, nine pilots, one secretary, and numerous others who were asked to act as advisors/representative, chaufeurs, etc., most of whom have never been paid and have only received abuse for their loyalty and hard work. There is probably more that I and others could say, but with various legal proceedings going on, perhaps now is not the time.:ugh:

Phil Brockwell
22nd Aug 2007, 21:41
With regards the helicopter Op, by acquired, do you mean that Unique in one of it's guises has purchased an AOC holding operator with a 109 and a Long Ranger?

Who told you this, is it true, or another one of the Unique Myths?

I know they had a number of conversations with a helicopter operator in Staverton, but was unaware anything had been purchased.