PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth Serial Port

BOAC
3rd Jul 2007, 21:03
I used to be able to bluetooth sync the contacts on my Motorola V3 mobiphone with my PC and PDA, and compose SMS on the PDA and bt them to the phone. Now, having carried out a 'system' upgrade on the phone, neither machine can see a serial port on the V3, nor carry out a sync unless I use the proprietary Motorola programme via USB.

Am I going mad or WAS there a bluetooth serial port on the phone which I have 'destroyed'?

mdc
3rd Jul 2007, 21:09
I assume you've repaired the PC and V3 and refreshed/listed the BT profiles the V3 supports.

BOAC
4th Jul 2007, 07:44
Yes - all 'options' on the PC set and 'search' for all available conducted. I have Voice Gateway, Obex 'Push' or something, OBEX file transfer and dial-up networking. PDA 'options' are limited it (Mphone) just says 'cannot connect'.

Any 'long-time' V3 owners remember? Keef?

mdc
4th Jul 2007, 11:45
On the PDA can you just create a DUN connection, then use the assigned BT Com port this gives you with your SMS application on the PDA?

Since essentially the Dial Up Networking Profile uses Serial Port Profile under the covers.

BOAC
4th Jul 2007, 14:05
OK - thanks - didn't know that about the DUN. I'll give it a 'whizz'.

BOAC
4th Jul 2007, 21:57
No joy. It connects the DUN and asks for a 'new connection' and the sync prog will not connect that way.