View Full Version : PIA to sack foreign crew

newscaster
3rd Jul 2007, 15:11
The stewerdesses hired from Russia, Japan, Kenya, Malaysia and Thailand are going to get sacked as the airline cannot afford their higher than local crew salaries.

One Kenyan F/A has already sought asylum in Canada after doing a Toronto flight claming racial bias and harassament. PIA had also sought crew from Germany, Greece and reportedly Ireland and Uzbekistan as well as Pakistani origin girls from UK.

Some of PIA's local female F/A's hired on contract have also disappeared in western countries after doing flights there.

eggorbeans
4th Jul 2007, 08:14
Who/where are PIA? I've never heard of them!:confused:

pepito.perez
4th Jul 2007, 09:18
Hi guys
PIA stands for Pakistani International Airlines.
In the middle east anything is possible, this is not the first time I hear stories like this one.
I've also heard of european crew working for middle east airlines that decide to leave their companies during layover trips back in their countries of origin (I mean, without any notice, just like that).
If there is anybody doing such a thing just try to imagine how things are there :oh:.
Cheers

newscaster
4th Jul 2007, 18:03
Pakistan is not a middle eastern country, its south asian like India.

Foreign crew salaries are not viable under present conditions thats why most of them will be asked to leave some will stay on, they were hired under the previous chairman's tenure to improve the airlines image, but his ideas didnt sit well with most employees, during his term the airline incurred alot of losses and EU crisis led to his resignation.

Virginia
4th Jul 2007, 20:07
PIA advertised in a UK newspaper last May for British female crew. You didn't have to be of Pakistani origin or speak Urdu either.

All sounds very odd!

Desertia
5th Jul 2007, 06:18
Who'd want to?!

newscaster
5th Jul 2007, 16:15
Whod want to? all those that rare now being fired did join them didnt they? I would just for the love of the job, its a major airline and with a rather nice network, and if there werent vacancies anywhere else.