PDA

View Full Version : Modular

airbus,boy
3rd Jul 2007, 13:07
I was thinking of maybe following the modular route at oxford aviation.I have heard that most Airlines dont employ modular graduates, is this the current situation.
I also understand that to start modular flight traning you need 150 hours of PPL flight time.Could anyone please tell me what the normal hourly rates are and which is the best plane to build up the hours.Also does anybody know how much a PPL cost's to do and how many hours you would get doing it.I am right it saying that the 150 hours you need is actual flight time and not including the ground traning part, please do correct me if I am wrong.

akindofmagic
3rd Jul 2007, 13:22
Are you for real? My suspicion is that you are simply trolling. However, on the off-chance that you are serious, I will, as others have done in other threads that you started, direct you to this thread. (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=131649)
I would like to suggest that you do some research, using this website and other resources, and stop asking every question that pops into your head.

airbus,boy
3rd Jul 2007, 13:55
That did not really answear my question.

bobster1
3rd Jul 2007, 13:56
is there any asylums out there that have lost a patient ??:suspect:

airbus,boy
3rd Jul 2007, 14:00
Yes they are looking for you,could anyone please give me a NORMAL response to my question.

Antonio Montana
3rd Jul 2007, 14:58
Have a look on the CAA's website and download Lasors off it, it contains a mountain of information.
Regarding PPL's, Google is a wonderful tool, ring round a few flying schools and ask, they will be more that willing to chat.
And get a Class one medical before you start any training, see CAA again.

Alex Whittingham
3rd Jul 2007, 15:03
airbus,boy you are getting a tetchy response because these are questions that everyone comes up against when they start off and, as a result, have been asked and answered many times. May I suggest you look at the links suggested in this and your other thread? You will find the archive reference threads, this forum's version of FAQs.
In answer to your specific questions:
1. Oxford is not known for its modular courses, if you choose that route you will probably be better off elsewhere. Oxford is very good, however, for integrated training as are FTE and Cabair.
2. Airlines employ pilots who have trained in both modular and integrated schools.
3. I can't give you an accurate answer for hourly rates, they vary wildly anyway depending where you are in the world and what you're flying. Probably £50 to £150 an hour.
4. You want a light piston single, any one will do. Cessna 150s and 152s are very common, as are Piper Warriors.
5. PPL costs vary depending on what you flying and where you are in the world. A quick check of the back of Flyer suggests headline rates of £3700 all inclusive in Florida which is probably as cheap as you'll get. There are long discussions on the pages linked above about the merits or otherwise of cheap and cheerful PPLs in Florida compared to their more expensive counterparts in Europe.
6. 150 hours is actual flight time, not ground instruction.