PDA

View Full Version : SAS or CAE Ryanair MCC

captainyonder
3rd Jul 2007, 12:08
Well, sadly the job I've had lined up for the end of my training for the last 10 months as just fallen through as the operator has closed up shop with very little notice. How fickle this industry is! Anyway, I now find myself on the look out for other opportunities and as I am yet to do my MCC I'm very seriously considering doing the Ryanair MCC and Assessment with either SAS or CAE. However, I don't want to spend around £4,000 on a qualification I could get for significantly less unless I have a very good chance of actually landing a job with Ryanair. How many people actually end up making it through to the airline from the MCC course?

I already know enough about Ryanair and paying for type ratings thanks guys, so if we could avoid all the 'why do you want to go there?' questions I'd be most grateful.

boogie-nicey
3rd Jul 2007, 13:16
I too have pondered this question as I'm rapidly approaching the point where I'll need to get my MCC.
From what I gather you appear to get a different answer from people each claiming all manner of things. I have been told by at least 2 sources that only 3 people in the class got through and another that almost all will succeed and it's upto you to fail. Yet others warn me to stay clear and ddo my MCC elsewhere as you rightly pointed out far cheaper.
Guess we'll just have to get a conseus on this issue and make our minds up from that.

Good luck anyway ....