PDA

View Full Version : Logan Air Don't Care

two greens
3rd Jul 2007, 02:30
Glasgow 1/7/07
My sister was booked on BA Flight 8935 from Glasgow to Derry and on to Dublin.
She stood in pouring rain from 11am to 4.05 pm.

She was told BA would get them on to their flights by coming down the line and letting them know about the flights.
When she got to the desk she was told the flight had left and there was nothing you would do to help.
She had to buy a new fare to Dublin.

Logan Air must be the most rapacious money grabbing airline I have come across in 40 years.

Any comments or suggestions what to do about these people profiting from terrorist actions?

edinv
4th Jul 2007, 17:48
This policy from the BA web site may assist? -
If you are affected by flight disruptionA policy has been put in place outlining the booking change options available to you if you are affected by flight disruption.
This policy relates to flights operated by British Airways (mainline) and
BA Connect ('British Airways' flights), and to flights operated under a BA flight number by GB Airways Ltd, Sun-Air of Scandinavia A/S, Loganair Ltd and BMED ('BA franchise flights').
It does not relate to flights operated under a BA flight number by Comair Pty Ltd. Booking change options following disruption to these services will be advised seperately.
It applies to any passenger who holds a booking on:
a cancelled British Airways or BA franchise flight
a British Airways or BA franchise longhaul (intercontinental*) flight which has been delayed for over 4 hours
a British Airways or BA franchise shorthaul (European or domestic) flight which has been delayed for over 2 hours
You can choose one of the three options set out immediately below.
1. If you wish to travel to your original destination,
you may re-book on another British Airways or BA franchise flight at your convenience, subject to availability.
Conditions
The change in booking must take place no later than two weeks after the original flight.
Travel must be completed within ticket validity or within three months from the original flight, whichever is longer.
The return flight, if applicable, can be re-booked at the same time, and no extra fare is payable.
2. If you choose not to travel to your original destination,
you may re-book on a British Airways or BA franchise flight to an alternative destination, subject to availability, with any additional fare to be paid by you.
Conditions
The change in booking must take place no later than two weeks after the original flight.
Where the new fare is lower, the difference will be refunded.
Travel will be governed by the fare rules applicable to the new booking.
The return flight, if applicable, can be re-booked at the same time.
3. If neither of the above options are acceptable to you,
you may claim a refund of the original British Airways or BA Franchise flight, plus any parts of the journey not made which are on the same ticket as the original flight.
Conditions
The refund will be credited to the original form of payment
To discuss or apply any of these options please contact British Airways, the relevant BA franchise operator or your travel agent, whichever issued your original documents.
Contact British Airways
If your flight has been disrupted and you have already arrived at the airport, please proceed to check-in or visit the British Airways ticket desk.
*Intercontinental flights are those offering FIRST, Club World, World Traveller Plus and/or World Traveller travel classes.

apaddyinuk
5th Jul 2007, 02:59
Two Greens....are you actually aware of the events and subsequent chaos that Glasgow airport is currently experiencing following last weeks terrorist attacks from all the way down there in Canberra????

Is it at all possible that perhaps your sister was not paying attention to the ground staff as they were calling out the names of the flights ready for checkin? I would say that this was more the case!

Logan Air are a very professional and "considerate" airline, one of the few remaining and an asset to whats left of the old BA!

two greens
5th Jul 2007, 08:32
Edinv

Thanks edinv for your advice.
We have already taken up the matter with Qantas (the original ticketing agent) and they are investigating why Logan Air failed to provide the service.

If you thought that was bad what happened to her the next day booking luggage on the flight was plain lack of training of Logan Air staff.
The first counter service officer said that luggage could not be booked through to Dublin. According to this fool you had to offload baggage at Derry and rebook it to Dublin. It is the same aircraft providing the service.
Luckily the Supervisor was aware of the correct procedure and booked the luggage through to Dublin.
She flew on the same plane from Glasgow to Derry, then had to get off and check in again - no BA or Logan Air windows open only Ryan. Eventually one opened. There was 30 minutes between landing and taking off. Dozens queued to go through departures. So much for being a full service airline.

Apaddyinuk

Yes we are well aware what happened in Glasgow. It is a terrible thing and the criminals who did it should be punished and then forced to join a Jewish Sect.

None of that excuses the fact that Logan Air staff do not know their jobs and apparently have no training in dealing with catastrophic happenings.

It would take a cold day in hell (or a warm day in Glasgow) to convince me that Logan Air are a considerate airline. The sooner they are out of our industry the better for all.

spanishflea
5th Jul 2007, 10:08
Sadly what was experienced was not Loganair, but inexperienced Servisair staff who have recently taken the Loganair contract.

Loganair are actualy a pretty reputable outfit, but they have sufferred with the withdrawal of BA staff from the regions.

http://216.239.59.104/search?q=cache:8Aetn9nc0JUJ:www.loganair.co.uk/contacts.htm+Loganair+sales+and+marketing&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=uk

Use that link to get the email for customer relations and send them off an account of the hard facts that occurred, and I'd be surprised if you didn't get a sympathetic response.

GEAR_DOWN
5th Jul 2007, 12:36
Sorry- but your story doen't quite make sense. You say that it was the same plane going on to dublin. iF this was the case, wityh only half an hour between flights, your sister would NOT have had to get off the iarcraft in the first place. Seems more like the tickts she bought are 2 single tickets, meaning that you have to re- checkin at Derry. Therfore, bags would come off and have to be rechecked in - in a similar way to LCC's. Logan air, are in NO WAY a sh*tty carrier, and I think that your sister is to blame, as all due repect, all othe passengers managed to make it to the flight on time!!!

Its not every day you get a terrorist attack on your airport or place of work, and the textbook training does not necessarily mean it will fit in with real life sitiuations. Sp please spare a thought for the poor agents in the terminal who had the nightmare of reacommodating all the previous days pax, as well as the new days pax. You just have to be patient i'm afraid. shouting and screaming does not help in any way. Why didn't you get a direct flight to dublin?? there are hindreds of direct flight s to dublin from GLA, EDI, and PIK

virginblue
5th Jul 2007, 16:21
Why on earth would someone fly GLA-DUB via LDY? Does Loganair actually sell Tickets GLA-DUB or was it as tagged-together route using two single tickets? I could understand if an enthusiast was going GLA-LDY-DUB in a noisy little prop, but anyone else????

chrism20
5th Jul 2007, 18:15
Yes it is bookable through BA.com and it is shown on the website as 2 seperate flights

However when you check in for the first leg you would be given your boarding card for the second leg meaning you would just have to go straight to departures. I am unsure of check in closing times in LDY, but I am guessing that by the time you landed in LDY and made it through arrivals the desk would be closed.

Dozens queued to go through departures - obviously travelling with FR and not BA/Logan as the SAAB I am sure only holds 34.

Also agree with what others have said, Loganair are one of the finest airlines I have ever flown with. It is also worth bearing in mind the areas in the Highlands & Islands that they also fly to and from, these areas have some of the most challenging weather on the British isles and they are well clued up, if not better than most on what to do and how to deal with flight dispruption.

ThreadBaron
5th Jul 2007, 18:42
None of that excuses the fact that Logan Air staff do not know their jobs and apparently have no training in dealing with catastrophic happenings.

two greens
So, how much training have you had in dealing with catastrophic happenings?
Or, what experience have you had of dealing with the same? I think your judgement of LoganAir, based on hearsay, (I will not deny that your sister had a bad time) and made from half a world away is harsh in the extreme.

the flying scot
7th Jul 2007, 13:34
two greens

I really think you should find out facts before you try badmouthing a reputable company. Your sister obviously had a bad experience, as did thousands of other travellers that day. Was your sister aware that the main terminal in GLA was closed until 15:30 on the day in question? All flights that normally operate out of the main terminal(including Loganair) had to use the second terminal at GLA. A logistical nightmare in itself. It was extremely difficult for staff to get into the airport on that day, as all car parks were closed and all roads leading to the airport were gridlocked. Hence the reason Servisair were operating with about 20% of their usual staffing levels. With several airlines cancelling flights - all BA,Easyjet and Globespan flights up until the afternoon - there were several thousand passengers trying to get imformation that wasn't forthcoming. At this point if I were your sister I think I would have headed as far away from the airport as possible and rebooked my flight. It was logistically impossible to get staff all the way up the passenger queue outside the airport to inform them of which flights were operating and when. Even the Airport Operator's (BAA) hands were tied at times with the police controllling the whole situation.
I fail to see how Loganair could make a profit out of this, as like you said the flight operated to LDY without your sister and presumably without lots of other passengers. According to the BA website your sister will get a refund or could have rebooked her flight. That means the flight operated on the day without the revenue it could have received but still had to pay all the operating costs. You also say that the flight went on to DUB. So are you saying that all the passengers should have been delayed from LDY-DUB whilst the plane waited in GLA for all the passengers to check-in? I think you'll find if your sister was travelling from LDY-DUB and the plane was stuck in GLA waiting as you say it should have then you would have complained at that as well!!!

Bottom line - you should change your original post as quite obviously, this airline nor any airline will be profitting from terrorist activity.

As for the customer service, take that up with the airline direct, but don't badmouth them, especially as you weren't there on the day. Stories tend to be exagerated, especially from siblings.

You didn't fail a Saab check ride by any chance did you????

johnref
7th Jul 2007, 20:55
Looks like your sister benefitted from the special service which exists in Derry. It doesnt surprise me that they reopened a desk - I even know someone who called when his car broke down. As he was flying LDY - DUB 3 or 4 times return a week, they knew him and asked the captain if they could hold to the last minute for him. They were standing at security with his boarding pass and got him on by the skin of their teeth.

Looks like they did something similar for your sister given the plane was there and her luggage was through checked.