PDA

View Full Version : Hong Kong

Elvis21
2nd Jul 2007, 13:36
Hi all,

The opportunity has arisen recently to emmigrate to Hong Kong. Ideally, I am considering taking up training on completion of my Class 1 medical but I waswondering if anyone knew of a) any good training schools in HK and b) if so, whether this is held in any regard?

Any help would be gratfully received.
Cheers;)

Luke SkyToddler
2nd Jul 2007, 17:26
I don't believe there's any flying schools in Hong Kong at all. Pop on over to the Fragrant Harbour forums and get the advice of some of the guys there :)

Brian304
2nd Jul 2007, 21:00
There are no commercial flying schools in Hong Kong. There is only a General aviation club over there, if that was what you was looking for. Pilots in Hong Kong go over to australia to train in order to get there commercial licenses, I would not reccommend you to go over there without a sponsorship from a HKG airline, as it takes a certain amount of hours before you are allowed to convert into a HKG license, plus at the end you will need an airline to do your Type Rating training e.t.c anyway, because that is what the HKCAA ask for. I have also known friends from hong kong who have went to australia and done there licenses, not getting a job over in hkg as the market is abit small over there, instead they found a job in mainland china, before you commit to a job in mainland china you should look at the negative forums they have on pprune, well I was warned by them not to go there because of the bad contracts, but I guess some people prefer to work there.
Best of Luck anyway

BRIAN304:ok:

Kane Toed
5th Jul 2007, 03:41
Elvis, without being stupid if you really are wishing to get out of smog filled LondonThen you are going to be VERY disappointed with the air in HK.

I like working here, but the air can be baaaaaad for weeks at a time.

Anyway, I'm sure you know that. Best of luck anyway.