PDA

View Full Version : LOSA at EK: what difference will it make?

Keith Discovering
2nd Jul 2007, 10:40
This LOSA stuff confuses me. When all the flights are complete and the data analysed, do EK management HAVE to implement the changes suggested in the feedback report, or is it a smoke and mirrors process for the airline 'to be seen' to be doing the right thing, but actually doing nothing?

Serious answers please cos' 'I'd like to know' :).

Cheers

EK LOSA guy
2nd Jul 2007, 16:19
KD - Good question, found myself asking the same.

Don't get me wrong - I strongly believe in the process. It is well tested, robust and has proven to make a difference. Not only in the US, but also at CX, SQ and most of all QF - where it initially caused much grief but is now recognised as having been a VGT.

But it will (hopefully) show where EK is vulnerable. This is not something that our Dear Leaders like to know about. It will be a rude shock and might lead to a bloodletting as it did in QF some years ago.

(In fact, the main reason the previous LOSA (2002?) got canned was that MQ saw what happened dunnunda and wanted to keep his job. Fat lot of good that did him in the long run.)

So maybe it will mean the end of TCAS, Ed and the merry gang. Or they will brush it under the carpet and fire the poor guy (not moi) who talked them into doing it.

Either way, it should ne interesting. Keep discovering eh?:E

ernestkgann
2nd Jul 2007, 17:17
Didn't even know it was still going. Did it finish and if not, when does it? Thought it might have been binned due lack of resources or interest.