PDA

View Full Version : CTC Salaries....

Got the horn
2nd Jul 2007, 04:23
I see CTC advertising for instructors in the latest Aviation News. Was wondering what they pay? Interested to see how they compare with the big Australian flying schools who have been over here recently.

Cheers.

glekichi
2nd Jul 2007, 10:07
If they offer anything close it will mean that the other flying schools here in NZ have some serious thinking to do. Bring it on :D

flightless_bird
4th Jul 2007, 13:34
Check out their website rather than just wondering:
http://www.ctcwings.co.nz/SIP_FAQ.html#7

27/09
4th Jul 2007, 20:45
Flightless Bird,

I think those figures are for instructors that go thru the CTC "Cadet" scheme/scam.

If that's all they are paying for the jobs advertised in the Aviation News then I don't think there will be too many takers.

I'm sure they will be paying more than the amounts quoted in your link. They were paying well above those figures about 3 years ago.

Glekichi,

What sort of numbers were the Oz schools quoting?

I heard of one person that looked at going to a Perth operation but ended up in staying in New Zealand so I figured the OZ package cannot have been much better than what was being offered here.

komac2
4th Jul 2007, 21:08
27/09 I think a lot of the c-cat single instructors were recruited from the hastings based Air Academy , Re CTC NZ Wings CPP none of these courses have as yet Graduated as the first only started in March 07, The only NZ students that have finished Training with CTC were the left overs from the Wintec CPL Diploma courses that CTC agreed to train when they first set up, they were trained on the same syllabus as the wintec CPL/MEIR Course. cheers.

glekichi
5th Jul 2007, 03:14
FTA was in the region of high 30s for a grade 3 (c cat) and mid 40s, I think, for a grade 2 with multi engine training approval.
Even if the IRD got you by the balls and took 10k a year for your student loan payments (1/15th of the loan + interest for the year), that still leaves more than any schools are paying in NZ that I know of!