PDA

View Full Version : Motorla RAZR V3 unlock code

MancRed
1st Jul 2007, 22:43
Hi have just bought a Motorola RAZR V3 on Virgin network...anyone know how to unlock this to all networks without paying..........
Thanks in advance....
Jarvis

I have bought this from a person(second hand) not a shop so there are no ties to virgin its is just locked to there network and i'm on another...

reynoldsno1
1st Jul 2007, 22:51
Try putting

Motorola RAZR V3 unlock code

in Google

Lots of options there ....

MancRed
1st Jul 2007, 23:24
have looked but none seem to be free.............................................

planecrazy.eu
2nd Jul 2007, 09:54
Think this would be against forums rules so PM me...

Could be classed as Hacking? as your not supposed to do it?

I "might" have the "free" answer =)

Saab Dastard
2nd Jul 2007, 10:35
The official policy is that circumventing copyright is a no-no and threads will be locked and / or deleted.

Unlocking DVD players and phones is rather different, but to maintain a consistent stance it is also frowned on.

However, for the latter case there are always PMs ;)

SD

Jhieminga
2nd Jul 2007, 17:59
The problem is with the ...have just bought... bit. Unlocking your phone is quite legal but only after the prescribed period has elapsed (usually a year). Now if you had started your message with "How can I unlock a phone that I believe to be old enough without unduly annoying any support staff from my mobile phone provider?" :E

(Not that I'd be able to provide the answer by the way.)

Gertrude the Wombat
2nd Jul 2007, 18:39
Just because you get a V3 unlocked doesn't mean that the custom menus, including any restrictions, are returned to what the phone manufacturer intended, of course.

(You can get a V3 unlocked by the man on Cambridge market. It costs, but not a lot.)

Keef
23rd Sep 2009, 22:42
I've got several V3s (don't ask!). It's an excellent phone, and when I wanted to unlock one, I phoned the provider it was locked to. They gave me a long number to key in, and that was that.

Simples!

Sprogget
24th Sep 2009, 06:59
Flashing the rom is fun on these phones, you can funky them up no end.:)

Keef
24th Sep 2009, 08:21
Indeed - there are several websites dedicated to it. But it doesn't unlock 'em.

rugmuncher
30th Sep 2009, 19:32
Try one of these things!

DealExtreme: $3.93 i-SmartSim 2008 SIM Card Unlock Attachment for Nokia and Most Other Cell Phones (http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12167)

Says it does Motorola too!