PDA

View Full Version : How Long To Get Through Security LHR?

Phoenix09
1st Jul 2007, 19:50
I am flying BA from LHR T4 to Lyon early Friday morning. Can anybody give me an estimate of how long it will take to get through security?

I am aiming to be at the airport by 06.30 for an 08.40 flight. Is this going to be enough?

Many thanks.

Dave Gittins
3rd Jul 2007, 13:17
The theoretical answer is "Yes" but personally I allow at least 3 hours ahead of time in the airport. That should help with the risk of delay on the M25 (or presumeably in your case M4) and after last weeknd I would be very nervous of security delays.

As so many people on BA now do on line check-in, the queues at the fast bag drop can be as long as the check-in counters.

I am off to Denver 2 weeks today and have ordered a cab for a 45 min trip at 11.30 for a 15.45 take-off.

Esp. at your busy time of day I would not risk it.

Three Yellows
3rd Jul 2007, 13:40
Now that Terminals are going to be closed on a regular basis for a while at least, who knows how long it will take. It'll soon be quicker to drive to Denver.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/6265674.stm

I especially didn't like the bit about "re-screening" departing passengers. Poor people, I hope that they are not stuck on planes all day like those very unlucky ones in GLA on Saturday.

Phoenix09
3rd Jul 2007, 21:20
Hmmmm... thanks for that. It looks like it is going to be an even earlier morning for me than I had planned. :(
Which is not so good as I don't really do mornings!! :) :{ :)

Dave Gittins
4th Jul 2007, 08:23
And apparently if I had been flying to Denver yesterday, I'd still be at Heathrow T4 as all long haul was cancelled from 15.00 to 21.00 due another suspect bag.

Bah

:ugh:

pacer142
4th Jul 2007, 08:40
Last time I went through T4 for an 0840 flight (on a Tuesday morning following a bank holiday, going for the KLM to AMS) there was no queue at all and I was through in 30 seconds. However, the problem with LHR is its unpredictability...

Dave Gittins
4th Jul 2007, 11:10
Precisely .. and the unpredictability of the M25 / M4 etc.