PDA

View Full Version : Class 1 medcial questions

Dink87522
1st Jul 2007, 11:13
I'm not a pilot, although want to train for the fun of it. My question is would is whether or not I would pass the class 1 medical examination.

Is dental health taken into account? If you have false teeth can you still get it?

Vision. What is the absolute worst your vision can be? Can this be corrected with contact lenses/glasses?

When younger, I had 2 operations of leg, and have lost several degrees rotation (rolling left to right), although have no trouble any more.

So coudl anyone guess as to whether i would pass or fail?

Sagey
1st Jul 2007, 13:17
False teeth won't prevent you from having a Class One.

Eye sight: Initial - cannot be worse than +5.00 dioptres of long sight or -6.00short sighted. I believe it goes up to +8.00 or -8.00 on renewals. Astigmatism - not to exceed 2.00, although it can exceed this for renewal as I don't think there is a limit once the intial is done.

Re limbs, functionality is tested, it isn't set in stone as per eye sight or hearing so it probably is a case of demonstrating that you are fit and safe enough to operate an aircraft.

S

Dink87522
1st Jul 2007, 23:16
Sorry, what is Astigmatism?

Aussie
2nd Jul 2007, 07:37
When your eye forms an oval shape and you cant focus as well as you could anymore!

Aussie

fenice34
4th Jul 2007, 15:31
wow...-6 dioptres for every eyes!!!
But...where is it possible to find this medical center?and...is it for the rules JAR-FCL3??!Someone can help me,PLEASE?:ugh: