View Full Version : Please advice for first job!

dai
1st Jul 2007, 10:57
Hi all.

I am deciding to join the aviation industry.
Please advice me which fright school is better (or best). I live in Gold coast Australia.
And if I finish the commercial pilot licence course, how to find the first job?

I have wife and two kids, so very serious!
Please help me!

scruggs
1st Jul 2007, 17:12
I've heard this is a good fright school:

http://www.bustercomic.co.uk/fright.html :E

Seriously though mate, a few good searches here and over in Dunnunda & Godzone should provide you with most of the answers you're after. Here's a good starting point: http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=131649

S.

Luke SkyToddler
1st Jul 2007, 17:18
On the Gold Coast you say? Then THIS (http://www.qcegoldcoast.qld.edu.au/) is definitely the place for you.

WildDart
1st Jul 2007, 19:44
On the Gold Coast you say? Then THIS (http://www.qcegoldcoast.qld.edu.au/) is definitely the place for you.

Funny, but harsh!!

Umm, well if i were you, which im not i would go to USA study full time get it in a couple months then become a flight instructor. The reason to go to USA is to avoid distractions and may save money!

Best bet is to go to www.google.com (http://www.google.com/) and do research on as many flight schools ring them up, visit all the local ones and THEN choose the one which suits you. As Ive found i get on with some instructors and others i do not because at the end of the day it’s partly the instructor you have and you need to get the most out of it!

flyboy_33
2nd Jul 2007, 06:08
Wife and two kids and you want to be a pilot now!!! Better get the divorce lined up and squirrell some cash away. I have a wife & 1 would love to complete my CPL but have to wait. It is a very demanding time for the rest of your family. Good fun and good luck with it. But very seriously talk to as many people on here and in person as you can.

It is difficult to get good experience to move up into airlines if that is were you want to head (dollars) while remiaing in the one location. It is also very hard to up and shift the entire family while dad goes off and flies in a remote location (NT, far north QLD) the flying jobs in the more desirable locations are harder to get for that exact reason. I have lived in 36 plus houses in my 27 years thanks to my dad moving around a lot for different jobs. that includes 8 different cities. If your kids are pre school age may still be an option to consider. If they are now at school are you prepared to take them away from their friends to somewhere they have no friends or the other option is that are you prepared to move away from your family to leave them in a good location for months at a time while you gain your experience to move into the airlines.

Just giving some ideas to think about before you take the bold jump and get stuck half way through.

Otherwie best of luck go hard and enjoy the beauty of the skies.

dartagnan
3rd Jul 2007, 08:59
how to find a job?, well... look hard enough!and have plenty of cash ready to spend.(count over 100'000$ just to start).

jetflite
3rd Jul 2007, 11:05
Dai here's some information that might actually HELP you... Don't listen to the other tossers on here who are giving you **** about your english or typing.:ugh:

I'm a CPL(A) & CPL(H) Pilot and have done a great deal of my flying on the Gold Coast & Brisbane.

Australian Wings Academy(AWA) OR Air Gold Coast(AGC) are the only 2 operators on the Gold Coast. (training)

AWA offer a great training facility, with great classrooms, simulator and they run in house theory. There instructors all have various hours and there CFI is great. They offer opportunities to the "Right" candidate to get some F.O time through Global Jet Charters on a Citation, but you pat for your endorsement. Call them or visit there web site ; www.ozwings.aero - 07 5536 3622.

Air Gold Coast are great and offer a more personal feel to training, Both companies operate Cessna 172 as primary aircraft. AGC are the contractors for "JETFLITE" training who offer a course from NIL experience to CPL(A) with a job at the end of it flying for ****** AIRLINES as an F.O on metro's.
The course will cost you approx. $86'000 and providing you perform well through out the course you get payed the award wage if you make it to ****** and you get roughly 6-800 hours of F.O Turbo Prop time. At the end of the course you graduate with a CPL(A), Multi-Engine Instrument Rating and Frozen ATPL(H) subjects. worth doing if you have the money, Especially with your family situation, this would be a great route.

www.airgoldcoast.com.au

OR

www.jetflite.com.au

On the other hand - both these companies do instructor ratings. Which you can do when you complete your CPL(A), they employ instructors they train and you can also look at instructing jobs up in Brisbane (I know of a handfull)

Both companies have Multi-Engine aircraft so there is a chance to build some M/E time, I know of a handfull of bloke/gals who have started at these places and with in 2 years gone to Qantas, Virgin, Jetstart and Overseas airlines.

Good luck and if you need more info - just ask these places. they'll help you.:ok: good luck.

Mungo Man
3rd Jul 2007, 11:31
I advise learning to spell before learning to fly.

Love_joy
3rd Jul 2007, 22:22
I advise learning to spell before learning to fly.

What good is a comment like that to anyone? These childish jibes only succeed in devaluing the content on this forum. Having spent some time browsing around recently I have come to realise the boys and girls in the General Aviation forum are far more professional than the supposed professional pilots, and the wannabes.

Dai, best of luck to you mate. I have known a few guys with kids and wives who have gone through an integrated course - living away from home for over 14 months. It definitely was not easy for them, modular may very well be the way forward in such a situation.

LJ

Mungo Man
4th Jul 2007, 08:55
Not childish at all. The good of it is perhaps that wannabees will realise that it is important to be able to spell and write correctly. Its no good slogging away getting a Frozen ATPL only to fail to gain employment because of poorly written CVs and covering letters.

Ok, its only a forum here so spelling doesn't matter so much but dai did ask for advice. So many wannabess shun the advice given because its not what they want to hear. There are many threads that may appear childish because of this theme.

kiwiblue
5th Jul 2007, 06:20
Please advice for first job!
Hi all.

I am deciding to join the aviation industry.
Please advice me which fright school is better (or best). I live in Gold coast Australia.
And if I finish the commercial pilot licence course, how to find the first job?

I have wife and two kids, so very serious!
Please help me!

Read it kiddies, thoroughly. Then keep your responses appropriate.

Wind-up alert, surely.

squawk6969
5th Jul 2007, 06:47
I could be shot down here. Kiwi I agree.

I mean R and L are a long way apart for a typo.

WHOOP WHOOP!! Wind Up!! WHOOP WHOOP!!

SQ:ok:

tinpis
5th Jul 2007, 06:53
:hmm: Could be a doctor?

squawk6969
5th Jul 2007, 07:57
Of Indian heritage perhaps:hmm:

cougar77
5th Jul 2007, 09:12
And if I finish the commercial pilot licence course, how to find the first job?[QUOTE]

How did you find your first job after finishing studies??

Prepare a good CV then send to companies in which you would like to work for.

Network sometimes can also help.

compressor stall
5th Jul 2007, 12:52
Yep, hook line and sinker. Fishing's good today! :D