View Full Version : New Airlines in the Philippines

maxi_mutt
30th Jun 2007, 09:44
Interestingly enough, there are new airline players in the Philippines.

Eagle Trans or Trans Eagle will soon train their FAs. Rumor has it that this airline will have (used) 767s that will fly to Australia & New Zealand. Trainors are from Singapore.

As for pilots, expats for now. I guess this is wetlease.

I was informed that their office is located in AAOP, General Aviation Area of NAIA.

Whatever happened to Pearl of the Pacific & Southwest? Any news?

shanghai_surprise
1st Jul 2007, 09:35
I am new here and I am closely watching the airline events in Asia. Interetestingly enough - there is something happening too in the Philippines?
As far as my homeland, our airline is bolstering to the rim. I have aviation (pilots friends in specific) and they say there are more fake airlines in the Philippines than real airlines. I dont know why? I guess the system there is not good or the owners are scoundrel? What do you think?

ioannis84
1st Jul 2007, 15:24
^^ Huh? wadya mean fake?:confused: s far as I know there's a lot of "real" airlines here in the Philippines,but very few exist to last long due to stiff competition. We've seen birth and deaths of a lot of airline since the mid-90's and now they're sproting all over again. The only problem is that a lot of millinaires enter the airline industry without knowing what they are into. So more or less they ended being bankrupt. If you think aviation industry here is not booming. You're pretty much out of the news. Cebu Pacific and PAL is expanding their fleets and is carrying more passengers than ever causing havoc to interisland ferry services which is loosing a lot of passengers to airlines. We also have two New International Airports that opened this year The Ilo-ilo and Bacolod Airports with jetways and A330 capable runways..

To threadstarter:Havent heard of Eagle trans or Transair,and soutrwest. Pearl of the Pacific yes..but they are more of like a charter airline now than a regular airline. We heard of a saudi owned Tarair though

maxi_mutt
4th Jul 2007, 09:45
There's a Tair thread. You can read the posts for information.