PDA

View Full Version : GF On-Time! LOL!!!

GAGing in Bahrain
30th Jun 2007, 05:04
Went to check-in for the "final" GF flight to DUB the other night and chanced a peek at the DEP/ARR screen. Every, I mean every GF flight on the DEP screen was listed as "delayed". Sadly, every other flight listed EY, EK, etc.. were all listed as "on-time".
By the way, the "final" GF DUB flight didn't get off the ground until 4AM!!
Better on-time performance my left testicle.:confused:

boiler
30th Jun 2007, 06:10
Wasn't it a member of the 'bored' a month ago said that the on-time of GF has approached 80% due to the efforts of the current management?

GAGing in Bahrain
30th Jun 2007, 06:47
He was probably miss-quoted.:} What he probably said was "yani we are wishing that 80% of Gulf Air's flights are on-time, inshallah...":ok:

JABAL
30th Jun 2007, 08:10
WOW the swiss picked up the word Yani and Inshallah very quickly!!! he must be a GENIUS :)

Capt Hair Y Balls
30th Jun 2007, 09:39
The only on-time departures GF will see are those of the Captains, First Officers and Cabin Crew going to other airlines.:E

MikeHunt
30th Jun 2007, 12:47
Mr. Dose has really managed to screw this one right!

0% OTP for the last four days... Shame!

Airport full of delayed passenger and the world famous now: Tou cannot sit here, please move!

And someone was saying JH did not do it?

Well it was never this bad, and this is supposetly operating out of one hub only....

Fox3snapshot
30th Jun 2007, 13:21
Nothing short of a complete shambles!! :*

Arrived at Abu Dhabs for my London connecting flight only to find out (not get told!) that there has been a 3 1/2 hire slide. Completely stuffed up my drinking schedule in the UK!!:suspect:

This is the second time in 2 weeks I have done a GF London flight with no less than a 3 hour delay each time.

The wheels on the trolley have certainly fallen off!!!

tmax
1st Jul 2007, 15:42
new gulfair network started today!! 100% on time performance(excluding the first 45 minutes!!!average) what a joke. they all proude today in the palace! waves out waves in! i ve expierienced the chaos today and have no comments just check the actual departures against the standard times! login into AIMS) i wish u guys good summer enjoy the payrise-(minus) your contribute to the unemployment sheihks in bahrain,going on leave and have plenty of time to study for my coming interviews.
together we can sink it)

CaptainOveur
1st Jul 2007, 19:40
well, enjoy your leave and dont let the door hit you on the way out.

Frankly, it 'grinds my gears' sometimes reading this forum, there seem to be a lot of GF employees positively over the moon about every failure, and taking digs at every announcement.
If you're going to go then go, you dont need to remnd everyone how great you are, try and leave the rest of us here in peace while we try and do something positive. Sure, it's bleak, it's grim, but constantly moaning and posting how hard done by you are isn't really helping.

I am going to stay, I am going to give it time and see how the dice fall. I'm going to work and try and make some positive contributions.
I'm not going to post snide comments here, slagging off management from behind my keyboard.

Rant Oveur!

p.s. That tax is a bummer though!:}

tmax
1st Jul 2007, 20:13
stay where u are and hope u are happy and make sure u attend the family crisis center that its advertised today in case of any accident!! if u a good listener and a good communicator go for it!!!!!! training its free!! as per poster that was presented to us on the first day on our on time performance!
good luck!any questions pm me or read the f.....ng ad that made my day!
on time wth a family crisis system in force just in case sheet happens !!cause we let all the senior staff going left right and center!

SCATANA
1st Jul 2007, 20:26
"The only on-time departures GF will see are those of the Captains, First Officers and Cabin Crew going to other airlines."

post of the week :D

Sal-e
3rd Jul 2007, 14:06
Good one guys. It's early days yet. But most flights were on time yesterday. If that's an indication of what's to come, the only real worry is maintenance.

brassplate
3rd Jul 2007, 21:16
noticed at ops 95% of the time of shear boredom and silence followed by 5% of overwhelming hive of activity from the 'wave' of pilots demanding the attention of the already stretched dispatcher.

Fay Jinah
3rd Jul 2007, 21:52
Yes absolutely it's too early to tell, but I noticed the Saudis are still on time when it comes to the week end......

Maybe Gf should learn from them, or ask the girls...:E

ironbutt57
4th Jul 2007, 04:24
Yeah, but the electricity was out at the California hotel last couple days, that should put a crimp in the schedule of our visiting neighbors:}:}:p

Trader
4th Jul 2007, 04:30
......and of course IB almost had a heart attack when the power disappeared at the California

ironbutt57
4th Jul 2007, 04:33
Of course, had to invite the girlies home as I couldnt in good conscience let them suffer with no a/c in this heat:ok:

boiler
4th Jul 2007, 04:35
But most flights were on time yesterday. If that's an indication of what's to come, the only real worry is maintenance.

My source says that OTP is still hovering around 25%, with +/- 15 min at around 40%. Tons of flights cancelled as well for various tech reasons.

ironbutt57
4th Jul 2007, 04:45
A quick glance through your aims of the previous days' sked and actual dept times provides a summary of the OTP, however it does NOT necessarily provide a reason...and remember it takes efficiency on the part of all involved...ops, ground handling agency, and engineering to make it work, and of course the servicibility of the aircraft to begin with...all it takes are two or three aircraft with known u/s apu's to throw a wrench into the works...add to that the inevitable missing passenger, unforseen tech delay and it can all unravel very quickly...watch and wait and see if indeed this new ops style can be achieved, as it will take some time to get into the "swing" of things...at least it DOES put pressure on all involved to perform as they have never had to before..so lets see if all rise to the occasion...admittedly it is working far better than I had imagined during the first few days..watch the passenger loads and see if it works for them as well...:ok:

Fox3snapshot
4th Jul 2007, 14:05
If I keep using Gulf Air my liver won't get a break as I spend most of the trip stuck in the lounges with lotsa free stuff!!! :p