PDA

View Full Version : FO Question

BallyB
29th Jun 2007, 12:28
I am a college student thinking about a career in Aviation but have not taken the first steps to do so (I’m down as a business major) at my university. I was thinking about becoming a FO for commercial airlines. I have no flying experience what so ever but am interested in the career. Do you think it’s too late? I am going to be a sophomore in College. What advice would you give a person in my situation? If you are a FO what was your experience prior to being a FO? What are the top schools on the East coast of the US. Thanks.

BallyB
2nd Jul 2007, 12:54
Thanks for everyone's reply! Friendly bunch.

BitMoreRightRudder
2nd Jul 2007, 13:04
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=131649

Read it.

Hufty
2nd Jul 2007, 13:10
There is a great deal of information already on this site - you'll struggle to get people to invest the time answering something as wide ranging and as basic as this - especially when it has been asked a million times before.
Do a search and you will find a lot of analysis and comment. These forums are best for more targeted questions when you have done some homework!

Good luck!

BallyB
10th Jul 2007, 12:16
Thanks I appreciate your response. ...the second response. J

redsnail
10th Jul 2007, 18:51
G'day Bally,

Most of the advice here is Europe-centric so what's applicable in Europe may not be so relevant in the USA. Try finding someone who's familiar with the market in the USA or I think there's a North American forum on here.

Good luck.

(PS, I *think* if you want to fly for the majors you'll need a degree - but I don't know for sure)

driftdown
11th Jul 2007, 09:12
BallyB

I would have a look at Embry-Riddle.

Getting an aviation related degree and what is said to be first class aviation training cannot be a bad thing.