PDA

View Full Version : How many hours to get a turbo prop/jet job in the UK?

jd8
29th Jun 2007, 05:36
I'm lookin at heading back to the UK next summer with a JAA fATPL with around 900 TT with 500 multi, piston only, majority of it PiC. What jobs are out there for these kind of hours?
About 600 of them are single pilot ATO hours so no official 2 crews ops.

All and any constructive comments welcome :ok:

potatowings
9th Jul 2007, 10:36
Possibly Flybe, Loganair, Air Southwest is certainly worth a try along with some of the corporate operators who have pistons. Your experience is a little low for most corporate operators but have a shot at say LEA with their senecas.

There are several King Air jobs including Gama who may be able to right seat you. Alot of them are not good jobs but they will lead you into something better.

CAT3C AUTOLAND
9th Jul 2007, 10:50
I would say you have the same bite of the cherry as everyone else from turbo props to turbo fans.

I joined an airline flying jets with 1000 hours, but there are plenty of new pilots coming through with minimum experience at 250 hours.

All the best with it.

INSIDEVIEW
9th Jul 2007, 14:44
well i have 1500 tt
more then 800 ME
more then 300 turboprop jar 25

If i apply for a carrier i get problems since in the recruiters eyes im somewhat too experienced ...

Dont ask me why ..but thats how it is ....

If someone out there is looking for a new First officer on something bigger then DO228....please PM me
thanks
cheers