PDA

View Full Version : Non rev H Class ticket, Staff Ticket

Cessna 210 Heavy
28th Jun 2007, 21:37
Hi all,

I am off to Montreal on Monday morning with Air Canada. I am working for Air Canada as a consultant for a while and they are paying for all my travel, thanks AC!

Anyway, I had my ticket confirmation come through today and I have an H Class ticket, what is that??? It has no value, or anything just says H Class. I have flown on a Y and once an F but what is H?

When I was sent the ticket I was told it was a staff ticket and that I would be in business, so this get me all excited as I was expecting economy but I was told that I would be upgraded.

What I dont understand is how can I be upgraded, on a ticket that cost me nothing when I didnt pay. I would have thought that staff tickets were the last to get seats.

If someone could let me know as I am nervous about taking my first flight as a non rev pax and making an ass of myself!

parabellum
29th Jun 2007, 00:26
Staff tickets usually have two codes, one determines your 'uplift' priority, i.e. amongst the staff tickets, who gets to get on and in what order. The second code shows your priority for upgrade if there is space available in Business or First.

AC have told you it is an upgradeable ticket, that is good news as if there is a seat in Business you are eligible for it, in accordance with your upgrade priority and it sounds as though your uplift priority is 'firm' which means you have a confirmed seat anyway, rather than a 'space available' standby ticket.

Different companies have different ways of doing things so the above may not be exactly the AC way but if I was in your position I wouldn't be worrying!:)

piton
1st Jul 2007, 10:50
You probably have a "duty" ticket rather than a "sublo" (subject to load i.e.standby) ticket. As you will be working for them they intend to get you there with minimal fuss - possibly even quite a bit of comfort!

As for the fact that it's not paid for they would be paying themselves to move a (temp) employee....

Just sit back and enjoy! :)

Cessna 210 Heavy
1st Jul 2007, 11:03
Thanks for the answers, seems I wont weath jeans and T shirt now, just incase there is a chance of an upgrade.

Cheers again

Nick