PDA

View Full Version : Highland Airways Interview - 4th July

steggers
28th Jun 2007, 16:01
Hello guys,

I have an interview with Highland Airways on the 4th July for their Cadet Pilot Sponsorship Scheme. The interview will be as follows: -

Presentation by Highland Airways
Question and answer session
Group Discussions
Collection and verification of licenses and other paperwork
McQuaig test
McQuaig word survey
Tour of premises

I was wondering if anybody has done this stage yet, or if there are any past or present cadets from Highland Airways out there that could give me some advice of what to expect. What are the stages after this, should I get through?

Any feedback would be great. Thanks

Ewanc
28th Jun 2007, 17:13
Hi Steggers, I got selected too so I am flying up to inverness with Ryan Air on Monday and staying in a hotel until Wed. Thats all i know so far mate. Did u get through to the Sim assessment with Atlantic?

Ewan

steggers
28th Jun 2007, 17:28
Fantastic matey see you there. I'm flying up on Tuesday and amd flying home on Wednesday evening. No didn't make the sim assessment with Atlantic. Did you?

Ewanc
28th Jun 2007, 18:42
Yeah i did! so im going to be pushed for time, oh well. Who are you flying with on tuesday? Im with Ryan Air from East Midlands.
Ewan

steggers
28th Jun 2007, 19:47
I'm with Easyjet from Gatwick. Good luck on the 2nd and let me know how you get on.

steggers
29th Jun 2007, 11:21
Anyone out there know about this interview that could give us an insight?

geordiejet
29th Jun 2007, 14:09
Hi there. The assessment was quite informal, and they do make you feel welcome. There is a little introduction to HWY which was given by Sarah, then you are split in to two groups, one does the McQuaig tests, and the others go and fill out the paperwork. Once all of this is done you go around the whole HWY facility and they introduce you to some pilots, and maintenance. As far as assessments go, this was quite a nice one!

Only bad part is the usual 'My name is , and I'm from .........' in front of some people you have never met before! But make sure you participate in any discussions, no matter how strong or loud the other candidates may be, make yourself heard, and don't let them lead the entire discussion. (Sorry I cannot remember what we spoke about!).

Good Luck,

steggers
29th Jun 2007, 15:00
Fantastic thanks matey, it sounds like a really good day out. I'm really looking forward to it. Are you a current cadet?

geordiejet
29th Jun 2007, 15:45
Unfortunately not - I applied during the first batch of applicants - got to the final stage - but didn't get further. Sickener!!

steggers
29th Jun 2007, 15:52
ahh no way mate, sorry to hear about that. What happens in the next stages then should we get through?

geordiejet
29th Jun 2007, 16:09
Hey, should you get to the next stage it is more formal - there is just an interview with Sarah and the MD. It is questions like 'give an example of when you .......' etc etc. And a few technical questions also - which I think are the ones that let me down. Although it is a lot more formal, it was still quite relaxed.

Good luck :}

Tui Hat Wearing Son
7th Jul 2007, 16:09
Soo....whats the score? How'd it all go? Who are the lucky few that have been selected to visit the finest of highland establishments for a second time? Speak up; we only bite. :)

steggers
8th Jul 2007, 08:35
We don't find out until Thursday

Roo984
10th Aug 2007, 08:56
Anyone had any word?

Ewanc
10th Aug 2007, 09:26
Na, not yet mate. hopefully soon either way!! its killing me.:ugh: