PDA

View Full Version : Require Air Taxi/Charter to Oban

serbsarooni
28th Jun 2007, 11:26
We would like to fly from a London airport to Oban, Scotland. Understand that Oban is unlicensed. Can anyone suggest any operators able to do such a trip? Load will be 2 adults + 3 kids. Outbound Friday July 6 and return Sunday July 8.
thanks, Al

jamesarmstrong
28th Jun 2007, 13:05
I did think you could get into oban - try mannair - www.mannair.co.uk (http://www.mannair.co.uk)

Foxy Loxy
28th Jun 2007, 13:59
Trans Euro Air based in Southend could probably do it - www.transeuroair.com or phone 01702 542999.

Foxy

machone
28th Jun 2007, 14:03
If you get to Glasgow try G.Cormack at Cumbernauld or Air Charter Scotland @ PWK

Say again s l o w l y
28th Jun 2007, 15:40
The problem is that as Oban is unlicenced, then none of the normal AOC companies could help you as they would require a licensed airfield to operate into it. The licence probably won't be in place for another couple of months.

Helicopters could do it, but the cost would be astronomical.

The only company (fixed wing) who could do it, would be from Cumbernauld, but that is a pretty long trip to get up there first, though a kingair could get in there and then transfer you.

e-mail or PM me if you want any further advice. I spend a lot of time organising trips like these!

Monkey Boy
28th Jun 2007, 15:50
Already quoted this trip to a client - PM me if you want details.