PDA

View Full Version : JetStar contacting the NO's

Blue-Footed Boobie
28th Jun 2007, 09:00
According to some colleagues Jetstar is now contacting pilots who declined the genuine offer to pay for their own A320 rating with a NO when submitting the online application.

For those of you who've folded at the knees and answered YES might benefit (to the tune of $35k) by making an alteration to your application?

Blue Foot

ga_trojan
28th Jun 2007, 13:45
So does this mean that Jetstar are paying for the endorsements or just contacting pilots who put down 'no' and telling them if they want a job they will have to pay?

bullamakanka
28th Jun 2007, 13:55
Do you still have to pay to apply? I think it is/was fifteen dollards isnt it?
If they scrap the appliication and endo fee they might get a few more applications??

Bulla

UAL Furlough
28th Jun 2007, 14:04
BFB,

For those of you who've folded at the knees and answered YES

I love holier than now guys like you!!

pakeha-boy
28th Jun 2007, 14:59
BLUE FOOT.....your info is correct......when it rains.. it pours...PB

dirka
28th Jun 2007, 19:02
Ha yeah, just got an email from them saying congrats, you have the minimum req's to get an interview. Just pay your $15 bucks... yeah right, I went for an interview 2 years ago - no good, and now you contact me?, after sim's medical and all the bull. Go stick it you mo fo's.....

dirka dirka

Blue-Footed Boobie
28th Jun 2007, 19:27
Duck for cover!.. incomming

UAL Fourlough, don't you mean 'holier than thou' ??? :) Queens English in'it
You're right, I should have said 'folded at the wrist' considering it's all done online these days.

Blue Foot

swab
29th Jun 2007, 11:21
T'would be good if J* were offering to pay for endorsement, but I believe at this point they are offering Salary Sacrifice. As one peron said to them after knocking it back..."I would if there was a salary..":}

pig dog
29th Jun 2007, 11:31
Right on swab, just working for j* t&c's means you are already sacrificing your salary.

Blue-Footed Boobie
29th Jun 2007, 11:33
Salary Sacrifice, AWA's, pay for QF stage 1 testing, medical, sim check, rostered days off down route, 900 hours a year.. the list goes on.

What if any does this company actualy have to offer it's future pilots?

Blue Foot

ennui
29th Jun 2007, 11:51
A decreased life expectancy!

chemical alli
29th Jun 2007, 12:14
so even after rejection,still the hords come and pay the $15 application fee.until the future sky captains tell j* to stick it where the sun dont shine by not applying or paying for endorsements, they will continue to downgrade t&c

one answer spend the 15 bucks everyone,drown them in applications, only to resign interest in the bogan airline come interview time. waste theirs as much as they are wasting everyone elses

KRUSTY 34
29th Jun 2007, 20:43
Going round the pattern a few weeks ago when unforcast TS's and a lightning strike took out the terminal radar, or was it the ILS?

Anyway, things turned to cr@p very quickly.

EK held in there for a short while and then they diverted to CB.

Poor B@stards!

Lefthanded_Rock_Thrower
29th Jun 2007, 23:54
Gents, the $15 is only if you wish to apply for a specific job / vacancy, you do not have to pay it to submit your application or to be considered.

In applying for a vacancy you will be required to provide a payment fee of AUD$15.