PDA

View Full Version : EK Oz Pilot 3 months suspended for 'shirt lifting?'

pissedoffpilotek
28th Jun 2007, 07:02
An interesting snippet in 7 days today.

"Dubai - An Emirates pilot has received a three month suspended prison sentence for stealing from a supermarket in Dubai. The 34-year-old Australian, who earns around dhs50,000 a month, was caught stealing T-shirts from the store."

does anyone have any more details?
I'm assuming that it must have been a singlet probably with xxxx on the front.

For any one thinking of joining EK that is how bad things have become..pilots cannot afford clothing any more:=

Keith Discovering
28th Jun 2007, 07:03
Saw in 7 Days this am that a "34 year old Australian EK pilot, earning Dhs 50,000 per month (must be a DEC) has got 3 months suspended jail term for stealing shirts from a store"

http://www.7days.ae/showstory.php?id=53246

Is this really true?

Aussie
28th Jun 2007, 07:23
Haha, classic... Wonder how true this is? Didnt realise Captains werent paid in EK :sad:

pintofstella
28th Jun 2007, 08:29
50k a month, s@@t, where do i apply, been here 12 years and still not earning that!!!

fatbus
28th Jun 2007, 10:34
Add housing and I think a new Capt would be @50

Warlock2000
28th Jun 2007, 11:45
:suspect: I find this VERY hard to believe. Perhaps a bit of media-isation of the story??
He prob forgot to pay for something and it all got out of hand - as it so often can here.

atiuta
28th Jun 2007, 11:55
No Australian exists on the EK seniority list with the initials quoted in the GN.

Falcon perhaps?

nitro rig driver
28th Jun 2007, 12:59
Must be true
was in 7 days-the only free speach newpaper in the ME-:ugh:

GoreTex
28th Jun 2007, 16:23
its a 340 FO, that shows how bad the pay is, dont know how many kids he has, but maybe EK could hand out some food stamps for FO's with more than 3 kids

JonBoy80
28th Jun 2007, 17:11
A fine example of an EK pilot..

Agent Mulder
28th Jun 2007, 19:34
Maybe this is something of a widescale problem.........may be hes the first one to be caught, and many more have got way?. I wonder how many F/O's are now thinking, just one more T-shirt run....just one more.., or the Nagging Jameirah Jane, saying YOU BETA DO ONE MORE T-SHIRT RUN M8 or I heading back home with the kids...........

Muttley Crew
28th Jun 2007, 20:04
Blame the English, it was they who stocked Aust with their thieving scum. Thanks to them, stealing is in your average Aussie's blood...

By the way, apparently 'shirt-lifting' is okay here as long as you give but don't take. :yuk:

50k for an FO??? Must've been one of those Direct Entry FOs.

Blue-Footed Boobie
28th Jun 2007, 20:34
Can you fly an A340 with a hand chopped off??

Blue Foot

Flying Mechanic
28th Jun 2007, 20:49
anyone know the shop?, Spinneys/Choitrams/Park and Rob, I hope it wasn't a Carrefour 10 DHS special

JonBoy80
29th Jun 2007, 08:46
Just when I thought Pilots try and get out of paying the bill when going out with crew on a layover, it has now reached the point whereby they steal tshirts.

doubleu-anker
29th Jun 2007, 09:44
Stealing (shirt lifting) is probably hereditary. In fact I am sure it's in the jeans.:}

Trashed Aviator
29th Jun 2007, 13:03
Stop deleting my posts its true what i said....

harry the cod
29th Jun 2007, 17:49
No, it's diarrhoea that's hereditary. That most definately runs in your jeans!

doubleu-anker
30th Jun 2007, 08:31
You another Australian that is having difficulty coming to terms with it's ancestry?

Warlock2000
30th Jun 2007, 08:49
Can you fly an A340 with a hand chopped off??

YES! As long as it's the LEFT hand. :sad:
EK doesn't require / allow / trust it's pilots to fly manual thrust so why would a FO need a left hand? :p

ironbutt57
30th Jun 2007, 09:01
Just need one of them hook thingies when is says "retard":}:p

MTOW
30th Jun 2007, 09:46
Mutley, I must say I'm surprised it wasn't until post number 12 that the "convict blood" line was touted out by someone (you!) from the very land where the old lags learned their trade.

And as somone else has already said, in Ozmate, "shirt lifting" has a connotation somewhat different to good ole honest thievery! ...unless you're refering to "Richard the Third burgling". (Rhyming slang is another thing the old lags learned from those bak in the Old Dart.)

JaguhDunia
30th Jun 2007, 19:43
Years ago a MAS skipper was sacked for shop lifting pilot nav bags! Heard he went for interview in Seoul for Korean Air positions but someone squealed about his past to the management...everyone guessing who did him in? Someone proferred the culprit as a former MAS audit pilot....

Most probably the cause was kleptomania; may a good therapy by shrinks can help:bored:

Muttley Crew
30th Jun 2007, 20:19
Ha... Well, MTOW, I must say I was very pleased to be the first in with the convict line, even if it was self-deprecating humour.

It was strategy, you see.... took the wind out of the pommy sails before they had a chance to throw it in!

Although I notice W-anker had a go at pretending he never saw it......:ok:

7x7
1st Jul 2007, 03:22
Sure he's only 34? If he was a few years older, I'd be suspecting either "never pay Ray" or that other bloke who eventually got busted by the model shop owner in Nagoya (after starting many years earlier with his coursemates' TV sets during his initial training) might have snuck in through the (rather wide) EK DEC "net".

ironbutt57
1st Jul 2007, 07:04
The DEC and the tv sets?? hmmmm brings someone to mind.....:uhoh::uhoh:

MR8
1st Jul 2007, 11:36
I think the guy actually isn't an Ozzie, more like a boer with probably an Ozzie passport like so many of them...
Having said that, his last name surely rings a bell after too many late nights out drinking crap beer from down under...

Dessert Aviator
1st Jul 2007, 11:48
We had a CPT who walked out of the BAH duty free a few years back with a Big Bertha tucked under his arm, before being stopped mounting his iron horse by a security guard. He was fortunate enough to be buddies with the head sheik of the day:cool:

Muttley Crew
1st Jul 2007, 12:36
too many late nights out drinking crap beer from down under

Tight-arse.

At least the beer's not warm. :D

WiraMelayu
2nd Jul 2007, 09:52
Assalamualaikum Jaguh,

Heard somewhere that that klepto MAS skipper was feted to dinner by ex colleagues where sound advice was dished out to him. One of the " samaritans" was the " no kondeh ' datu; speculation is that this snake became samaritan to korean management and the rest is sad history for equally sad guy.

pagasky
3rd Jul 2007, 06:18
I guess this says it all for the EK selection process or for those panelists that conduct the interviews which get EK the best avalable 'all-round' pilots! You guessed right, I was not accepted.
At the time, I did not understand why. Now I do.

Tongkat Ali
4th Jul 2007, 03:55
Was home from the sandpit and during one of the get togethers, heard that Capt. Klepto was indeed "belanjaed" by ex-MAS skippers in SEL and was given great advice on flying and dealing with Koreans. Somehow during or before his interview someone squealed to management that he was sacked from MAS due to theft. Sad.. maybe Klepto could have been given a chance to prove himself and start clean far away from home.

Desert Diner
4th Jul 2007, 05:19
Why does none of this sound strange? :}

faithful_aussie
4th Jul 2007, 14:26
Oh my goodness....you are all loosers!

You should know media/newspapers never get it right especially when it comes to Pilots.

And as if a Pilot would steal a t-shirt no matter how poor Ek pays!

Why dont you all go back to your flying and give this guy a break. :=

GoreTex
4th Jul 2007, 14:33
faithfull,
I have seen aussies taking every single bottle of beer from the fridge in the vienna crew hotel because it is for free, it's kind of embarassing for the rest of us, not for you I guess.

max AB
4th Jul 2007, 18:38
For free......! That's it,. 1000 pts VIE.. Can you get it all in your samsonite or should I take a spare?

Muttley Crew
4th Jul 2007, 19:00
I have seen aussies taking every single bottle of beer from the fridge in the vienna crew hotel because it is for free

Is it beer?

Is it free?

Is it there to be drunk?

What's your hang-up with people drinking free beer? Must be a european thing. Leave the free beer on the shelf. :rolleyes:

Could be penis-envy of Aussies.

GoreTex
4th Jul 2007, 20:13
it's there to be drunken exactly, but not to be shoved into a nav bag and brought back to dubai, it's kinda cheep if you ask me

JonBoy80
4th Jul 2007, 22:11
Its simple. His Aussie and a Pilot workng for ek. Lots of people steal everyday and do get caught but nothing is written in seven days. If only seven days knew the behaivour of you lot on a layover. They would run out of ink...

Bypass ratio
6th Jul 2007, 09:26
The idiot mentioned in 7 days is actually an F/O who stole some computers from Carrefour! i think he is the same guy who was busted cheating on his UAE Air Law Exam!!

4HolerPoler
6th Jul 2007, 10:08
Quit this Oz-bashing please guys - way outaline.

4HP

TangoUniform
6th Jul 2007, 10:13
If only seven days knew the behaivour of you lot on a layover. They would run out of ink...

I must be bidding the wrong trips.:uhoh:

Desert Diner
6th Jul 2007, 11:38
Computers are definitely different then a t-shirt.

I wonder if this idiot did it as a dare after a few pints.

This makes the idea of dropping a ferret down your trousers in a pub kinda like kids stuff.