PDA

View Full Version : Acn Interview

baba70
28th Jun 2007, 00:01
Does anyone on here know how the hiring process goes at ACN (aero nigeria).
Do you need to take any conversion tests or exams before you can fly in Nigeria with FAA Commercial, Multi and Instrument?

Responses will be highly appreciated.

cochise
28th Jun 2007, 12:38
as far as I know they do not switch foreigners from fleet to fleet. Most expats guys are on the Dash-8 and do not move onto the 737. That is reserved for locals. Dash-8 type rated individuals have been hired.

baba70
28th Jun 2007, 22:03
Thanks but this does not answer my question about the exams and hiring process :)

baba70
29th Jun 2007, 00:52
Come on guys... really!! are there no ppruners on here that have gouges on what goes on in the hiring process at Aero contractors Nigeria??? I find that soooooo hard to believe, considering all the back and forth banter on Nigerian Aviation on here:suspect:. unless you just dont want to share your knowledge and i thought this forum was to share info and help each other out in this our litttle community. Come now folks dont be shy and start spilling the good stuff, or we are afraid of the competetion????:D

Flying Touareg
29th Jun 2007, 02:07
baba70, Most Nigerian PPruners have work to do and might not have time to check the website always.

You cannot do anything in Nigeria except if you convert.I guess you are a local.Come back to Lagos,visit the NCAA, and convert your FAA license which takes at least two months then you can start thinking about ACN.i hope this answers your question.

Goodluck matey:ok:

baba70
29th Jun 2007, 14:11
Thanks, that about answers that post.
Are you currently in Nigeria?

AlternativeProcedure
29th Jun 2007, 15:18
You need to let people know what kind of experience you have other than just giving details of the licences you have. Are you a Nigerian or expat? Either way, you need to complete the Nigerian airlaw, performance A and Loading exams. You'll then be issued with the Nigerian licence, after your FAA licences have been verified of course. Once you have that, then you need to start visiting companies, making yourself known, dropping CV's. Getting a job in Nigeria takes dedication and there isnt always a clear cut way of doing it.

Flying Touareg is right, most of us who fly here have work to do, sometimes we can reply and sometimes it takes a while. But I really dont think you should take the attitude you've started with. I can assure you, that most people here dont fear any competion from another pilot. Hope this helps. PM me if you need further.

AP

baba70
29th Jun 2007, 19:16
Thanks AP. i was not cuping an attitude, i was just "pulling legs" and i do appreciate people on here have other lives, (i do too). Was just trying to make light the matter there was no offense or malice intended. :)