PDA

View Full Version : Inexpensive method in becoming a European Pilot

Morav
27th Jun 2007, 21:50
Hey everyone,

I'm a relatively fresh pilot here in Canada. I got my Commercial MIFR and will have about 500TT by october, mostly single piston engine pic time. I have a 3 year diploma from a reputable aviation program.
Well I keep hearing how great it is flying on the other side of the pond, and being a Czech Rep native, I am really interested in moving back. From what I have already reasearched I will need to convert my Canadian CPL to a JAA equivalent, which isnt easy or cost friendly. I have the motivation, but no heavy financial backing.
SO Im stuck.
Are there any aircarriers In Europe willing to help a pilot with the conversion process?
Would I be better to wait until I obtain my Canadian ATPL?

I would really like to pursue an aviation career in europe, but it seems less and less likely.
help.

smith
27th Jun 2007, 22:50
Inexpensive method in becoming a European Pilot Nope

Are there any aircarriers In Europe willing to help a pilot with the conversion process?
Nope

FlightDetent
28th Jun 2007, 08:52
Check here http://www.caa.cz/index.php?menu=26&mm=26&stranka=93 and ask about the conditions for licence transfer.

To obtain a JAA type/multi-pilot rating, in general you need to have an CPL/IR licence based on full ATPL + Multi-Crew training with theoretical exams. Some crediting based on previous experience is possible.

dartagnan
28th Jun 2007, 09:48
I think noone is going to help you in this business.instead they will suck you up all your money you have.I regret to have paid my licenses and all this time lost...

Morav
29th Jun 2007, 03:42
Thanks for taking the time to reply. As of right now my plan of flying in europe is looking bleak. I just got too much god damn student loan money to pay back. Oh well, moving along to plan B .. airforce, and once I'm done my service the JAA atpl will be next on my list. Hopefully in 10 years or so it will be much easier to convert over.

cheers