PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft OWA

MarcJF
27th Jun 2007, 21:04
I've recently bought a new PC which runs on Vista (have to say i quite like Vista). I access my work email via Microsoft OWA and until i've changed PC this has worked perfectly. Now however, when i go to forward or reply to email there is no text box, just a very small square with a red cross in it.

Clearly i need to change a setting somewhere, but i'll be damned if i can find it. Any ideas appreciated.

The Nr Fairy
28th Jun 2007, 07:26
Unable to help with the main thrust of the enquiry, but I'd say more then one poster would recommend that the change you make is to remove Vista and install a decent OS, even if that happens to be XP !

MarcJF
28th Jun 2007, 20:05
Thanks Mike - i've been doing some digging and it seems this is a known problem, i just cant find the solution. There is apparently one on Expert Exchange if you want to pay! I use OWA to access my work email account from home, so not sure if Opera would work? Spoke to my techies in the office but they'd not come across it - seems it's only Vista - and until this i was starting to like it.

MarcJF
28th Jun 2007, 20:16
I'm not sure how that could work. When I log on to OWA the address is owa.mycompany.com and seems to be linked to Microsoft Exchange Server. Can Opera get me in there? Sorry if this is a bit basic - i'm not a techie!

MarcJF
28th Jun 2007, 20:45
Thanks Mike, that's worked. Not sure i like the format but it's better than nothing for now. Guess this must be an issue with IE7 / Vista.

hobie
28th Jun 2007, 21:21
anything here ? .....

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/911829

Saab Dastard
28th Jun 2007, 22:20
Hobie,

Brilliant! :ok::ok:

On a computer that is running Microsoft Windows Vista, you cannot perform any editing tasks that you typically expect to perform. For example, you cannot perform the following tasks:
• Compose a new e-mail message
• Reply to an e-mail message

That is simply wonderful stuff from MS.

Apart from the above limitation, OWA works really well as an email client :ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:

Thanks for sharing the joke :D:D

SD

hobie
29th Jun 2007, 11:13
Hobie,

Brilliant! :ok::ok:

That is simply wonderful stuff from MS.

Apart from the above limitation, OWA works really well as an email client :ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:

Thanks for sharing the joke :D:D

SD

Having looked at the subject in more depth I agree .... it is a fun subject .... :{

Parapunter
29th Jun 2007, 11:28
Yup, no web based email support in Vista. So no hotmail, yahoo etc etc...

Argonautical
29th Jun 2007, 13:03
I am running Vista on a laptop and I can access (reading and posting) my mail on our exchange server, running OWA, with no problems at all. Browser used was IE.

Saab Dastard
29th Jun 2007, 16:21
Argonautical,

MS have hastily released a hotfix to install on Exchange Servers to fix the problem.

SD

MarcJF
1st Jul 2007, 16:22
Well this just gets worse! When I try to download the fix I get a message "Operation requires elevation". I am logged in as Administrator which seems to be the fix found on Google, any ideas anyone?