Baaannngggg!!!

Went the MDC???

kmagyoyo
29th Jun 2007, 07:16
Nice work B, at least there wasn't a burning piano involved :D

stillin1
29th Jun 2007, 10:58
Iccarus,
May one surmise that this is another "Ooh! it just went off in my hand cos I don't put the pin in on this tour incident?:ugh:

iccarus
29th Jun 2007, 14:22
Or maybe someone left their leather jacket somewhere it wasn't supposed to be??

ranger703
29th Jun 2007, 14:46
The 8 Reds have just completed another professional and very polished display at Fort George,Inverness.

ABO944
29th Jun 2007, 17:20
Was impressive, yes ! Nice one boys!

But, we were held up for 30 mins at EGPE, and then back at EGPH had to hold again whilst they showed off some more !!! :}

floppyjock
29th Jun 2007, 17:27
They just finished another in Scone. Watched it from my garden in Perth. Wondered what the heck the RAF were doing flying after 1230 on a friday until one went over the house feckin low :D

Floppy

TheSmiter
30th Jun 2007, 11:57
Saw the same show floppy from the shade of the canopy of the petrol pumps at Tesco Perth and later in the rush hour q at Inveralmond roundabout :cool: Smiter minors well impressed as the 8 intrepid aviators zoomed around just above our heads. Oh and Joe Public do notice things, the young lady pumping gas next to me was well up on the fact that Diamond Nine appeared deficient by the scale of 1 :ok:

Good show chaps! Just remember those of us summering in the sandpit while you entertain the crowds at airshows / extravaganza's various . ;)

aw ditor
30th Jun 2007, 13:12
Watched them taxi-in at EDI yesterday pm. whilst waiting for the the Easy' to STN. Much excitement, Dads' shouting at their kids', crowded windows, and moby' cameras out. Worth every recruiting/PR penny, and the VC10 departure' for a bonus.

ABO944
30th Jun 2007, 15:01
We landed just before that VC10 took off and a massive rain shower was hanging over the threshold. Couldnt see a thing, so just closed the eyes and hoped for the best!

GreenKnight121
1st Jul 2007, 02:07
Clarify something for me, please...

From the above posts I am under the impression that it was a pilot that suffered a broken arm... doesn't the Red Arrows have a back-up pilot? The Thunderbirds and Blue Angels do.

Or was it an aircraft that had a mishap... in which case a similar question arises... spare airplane (T-birds & Blue Angies have one each too)?

Ex Douglas Driver
1st Jul 2007, 05:12
From http://www.raf.mod.uk/reds/teamnews/index.cfm?storyid=72D2BF8C-1143-EC82-2E6B0555D90A3142

Unfortunately one of our pilots (Flight Lieutenant Andrew ‘Boomer’ Keith, who flies as Red 3) has suffered a fracture to his hand following a fall, and therefore the Red Arrows will fly an eight-ship display for the next few weeks. The Team trains hard during the winter to practise an eight-ship variant of their display just in case unforeseen accidents of this kind befall our pilots. The reason that we do not have a spare pilot is that one spare pilot could not possibly learn to fly in all of the positions in the Red Arrows’ very complex display to the required standard – he/she would have to be superman!

Boomer’s hand is healing well so we will hope that he will be fully back in action with the Team before too long. Other than having one less aircraft flying, our displays will carry on as normal – weather permitting of course!

So Iccarus, what's all the mis-information about him setting off the MDC, or are you referring to a past Arrows incident?

Impiger
1st Jul 2007, 09:08
ABO944 said:

"Couldn't see a thing, so just closed the eyes and hoped for the best!"

Sounds like the vast majority of F4 landings I've ever been involved in. Sitting waiting for the earth to arrest the rate of descent - flaring is for wimps!

whowhenwhy
1st Jul 2007, 10:07
Does the smoking occur after they've blown sunshine up each others ar....:E

What are the reds going to do after today anyway? No more smoking in public and all!

samuraimatt
1st Jul 2007, 12:29
No more smoking in public and all!

Its ok as they are outside. Don't worry I am not sure if you can get lung cancer from having diesel and dye mix poured over you. You might look good painted red white and blue though.

whowhenwhy
1st Jul 2007, 19:24
Damn, someone who's seen my internationally renowned homage to the Union Jack in the bar! ;)

BEagle
1st Jul 2007, 20:39
"Sounds like the vast majority of F4 landings I've ever been involved in."

Oi, you old bug.ger, I bŁoody resemble that remark! Much as the TROF might not have approved, I learned to use a smidgette of back pressure just before impact in order to spare your old bones from the usual earthquake arrival!

Knight Paladin
1st Jul 2007, 22:00
Ex DD - I would suggest that icarus is not carrying out a campaign of misinformation, just that he's read the IR you haven't, either because you don't get them or you didn't bother reading it!

Ex Douglas Driver
7th Jul 2007, 03:19
Well, you suggest wrong. His hand was broken courtesy of a fall on the stairs.

Wouldn't want to let the facts get in the way of a good story, but in this case it errs more towards slander. Jealousy and ignorance....

Pontius Navigator
7th Jul 2007, 07:26
It's still 8. Saw 2x4 south through the Cranwell gap 1103z yesterday 250ft.

A2QFI
7th Jul 2007, 09:29
On their way to Wittering Families Day I guess, where they gave a good display in very testing conditions, strong gusty wind and well across the display line too.