PDA

View Full Version : Etihad Pay Rise for Admin

EY_Resign
27th Jun 2007, 15:27
Dear Colleagues

We have been working to improve the overall remuneration package for all Etihad employees to ensure that we can offer fair and competitive packages for all staff.

The first of these changes were implemented earlier this year when we announced changes to the packages for pilots and cabin crew.

I am now pleased to advise that as of 1 July 2007 all UAE-based employees (excepting pilots and cabin crew) will receive an across the board 3 per cent increase on basic salaries in line with the increase in the cost of living in the UAE.

We have also taken steps to enhance the accommodation assistance we provide as part of your overall employment package and will increase the present housing allowances to help you meet the rising cost of accommodation.

For employees in grades A to G, for which company provided accommodation is not available, a minimum 7 per cent adjustment will come into effect. Employees in more senior grades will receive scaled adjustments in line with current market practices and trends.

We have also eliminated the differential between the value of the housing allowance for company provided accommodation and the Housing Rental Assistance (HRA). This means that those of you who choose to find your own accommodation will receive exactly the same allowance as who make use of company provided accommodation (subject to grade variations). Please note however that this applies only to accommodation in the emirate of Abu Dhabi.

I believe these changes reflect the positive changes we have made to bring the remuneration in line with the market.

Thank you for your hard work and your ongoing support.

Kind Regards

E.V.P. Human Resources

Several Questions:

After three years in this company and depite the annual increments given to EK staff and even ADAS, is 3% a damn insult or what?

Pilot's 23% increase, Cabin Crew 40% increase - others: 3%. Where's the fairness and equality. Pilots and Cabin deserved that but Mr Hogan the scales are off all the way trough this company not just the areas where you need to recruit now. And by the way, these are by far not the only areas in need.

Who said cost of living had only risen by 3%? By my calculations it's closer to 30% so peraps MR PCW missed a ZERO off?

If its a COST OF LIVING increase, why are Pilots and Cabin excluded?

HOW IS IT WE ARE A GOVERNMENT COMPANY WHEN IT COMES TO HOUSING BUT NOT PAY INCREASES.

Etihad, you treat your staff like *****. You don't deserve what you have and further more you don't deserve to be successful.

Anyone thinking of heading this way - you're safer in the West or Far East or frankly anywhere but here.....

helene
10th Aug 2007, 15:08
:rolleyes:Hi

Can you explain a little bit more about the grades V company accommodation ? For example, ground management positions : do they get company accommodation ? If yes, what kind i.e. flat or villa (for families) ?
Are water & electricity paid for in that package ?
I am asking because this is what Emirates offers to managerial positions....

Thank you for letting us know.
cheers

sec 3
10th Aug 2007, 15:21
just what they need at EY, more managers:suspect: They have whole building full of them who do sh*t all day long. They can't even pick up the telephone, too busy i guess:E